#949817 by David
08 Apr 2019, 20:35
Though I’d do a quick trip report on my flight(s) with Flybe today or Virgin UK or whatever it might end up being called.

Up until now, I hadn’t really appreciated the size of Flybe and indeed it’s presence at Edinburgh and of course many other airports.

Picking a random day, Flybe had 32 departures from Edinburgh - EasyJet had 30.

Looking at passengers figures in 2017 Flybe flew 9,186,828 and in 2017 virgin flew 4,872,380

Food for thought.

Flybe have recently moved to a new booking system which now allows you to use Apple wallet for boarding passes. Much much easier as long as your battery doesn’t die.

Check in at Edinburgh with no baggage meant straight to security, which looked awful but took literally 5 mins. Top marks EDI.

Onto a very busy departure lounge and it was time to visit the lounge. No1 lounge which used to be in the old BA lounge has now moved to the other end of the terminal from Aspire and is brand new kinda overlooking the runway.

Interestingly enough, it’s signposted “lounges” you go up stairs and turn right into one lounge. A left turn, at the moment, is a door.

Interestingly enough, the new No1 lounge is at the end where most of the Flybe flights depart.

Interesting. Eh ? :D

The flight itself was on one of the dash 8 Q400 and outbound, wasn’t that bad, inbound was showing its age.

A little over 55 mins allowed a buy on board cart to travel the length of the plane and it seemed to be reasonably busy.

Both flights were rammed Outbound had one seat left (which was actually sold but a no show) and inbound full. These load figures must bode well for the future.

And that was really that. Inbound departed 15 mins late but landed on time. A apologetic text and email were both received about the delay and hand luggage was tightly policed. If it didn’t fit in the rack thingy - £50. Or it / you don’t go. Don’t know how that will work with one ticket connecting upper fares. It was quite a small space.

With the announcement the virgin etc are spending £100M “to take Flybe to the next level as we rebrand it” exciting times are ahead in the domestic / short haul scene for virgin fans.

Thanks

David
#949827 by hiljil
09 Apr 2019, 07:14
Thank you. I enjoyed reading your “ interesting “ observations :-D .