#951123 by Murraymint
26 Jun 2019, 22:31
Part 1
Just joined the forum so thought I should do some trip reports so I’ll start with this. Whilst in Orlando last year I noticed some people talking about some excellent Upper deals to the US with Virgin/Delta. It was a special birthday for Mrs Murraymint and we had been thinking of taking a cruise, so why not take it in America? We had always wanted to go to San Diego but I couldn’t find any decent prices for that so I ended up grabbing 2 tickets to New Orleans for under £800 each and we organised a Bahamas cruise from there. Sorted, but first we had to get to LHR.

As we live in Cyprus, we normally go back and forward to the UK using EasyJet from Paphos but to get to LHR we would have to use BA from Larnaca. No big deal other than a 1 hour 40 min drive to the airport instead of our normal 35 mins. I used some Avios and booked Club Europe flights.

Life in Cyprus is still very laid back and when I booked the car into a Park and Fly, I just drove to the departures area where I met a rep from the car park, signed the paperwork and walked into the terminal. From pulling up to dropping cases at check in was less than 10 mins. Access to the lounge was included which is no clubhouse but was fairly quiet with good seating and reasonable food and beverages.

BA’s Club Europe seats are frankly embarrassing. At 6’3”, if the person in front reclines, my leg has nowhere to go except out into the aisle. I was lucky enough to grab an Emergency Exit row so it wasn’t so bad even though I had to pay extra to get them. Cabin crew were good though and our evening meal was fine. Uneventful flight landed on time and we headed off to the Sofitel for some sleep before our Virgin flight to Atlanta next morning. Part 2 coming up.....