This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960465 by ColOrd
09 Apr 2021, 06:59
https://www.virgin.com/about-virgin/lat ... mer-soiree

Now I’m not sold on Virgin Voyages personally, there looks to be other cruise lines out there who have higher quality products or cheaper cabins, and the cabins themselves feel a little like a dorm room rather than a premium experience, however I am keen to dip my toe into crushing so I might give this a go if the fares are reasonable!
#960468 by gumshoe
09 Apr 2021, 08:46
As are Cunard, P&O, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Fred Olsen, MSC and maybe others!

There’ll be traffic jams around the Isle of Wight!

All the best to Virgin Voyages though - they’re attempting to do what SRB did when he launched VS and break the mould of “traditional” cruising by injecting that Virgin spark and doing something different.
#960481 by sjcraythorne
10 Apr 2021, 06:53
I think the Virgin Voyages look great, I would love to do one, however the last I saw, everyone had to be 18+, which wouldn't suit my family setup.
Their "private island" in the Caribbean looks great.

I wonder will most of these cruises to nowhere just head south for a bit of sunshine?
#960482 by Amo
10 Apr 2021, 07:39
Seems to be the summer of UK cruises!

I would love to give these a go....unfortunately Virgin are also asking all passengers to be fully vaccinated. As an extremely young person in their 30s (yeah I know not that young ;-) ) I know this will be unlikely by summer.

I agree with the above comment though....Virgin like to be a bit different and I hope this is a successful new venture for them.
#960483 by ColOrd
10 Apr 2021, 11:04
VirginRed are doing redemptions for these cruises via the app which is either 180k for the three night or 215k for the 4night cruise in an outside cabin with balcony. Given thats either 90k per person or 107500 I'm not sure how the value would compare to say you doing a return in J on VS.

For me, I class a G fare in my head as being worth about £1k as I normally get Z fares around £1600-1900 so mentally I take off the £600 you pay for "taxes" now and that's my value for the miles.

I'll be watching to see how much these trips go on sale for cash price on Tuesday as I am a little tempted but it will be interesting to see what they are charging.
#960490 by gumshoe
10 Apr 2021, 13:54
ColOrd wrote:I'll be watching to see how much these trips go on sale for cash price on Tuesday as I am a little tempted but it will be interesting to see what they are charging.

I’ve seen 3 nights from £499, 4 nights from £599 (per person sharing a 2 berth balcony cabin).
Virgin Atlantic