This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960533 by christ0r
02 Dec 2022, 22:47
Hi,

My gold membership year ended 30 November and I assumed my Tier Points would reset on 1 December.

I took a flight on 1 Dec, but am a bit concerned as my tier points balance has still not reset and I don’t want them to credit against last year’s membership.

How long do Tier Points typically take to reset?
Thanks!
#960534 by mitchja
03 Dec 2022, 10:33
My AU account did the same when mine reset at the end of September. My membership year was supposed to end / reset September 30th, however, nothing changed until after I flew October 27th when I had to ring FC to get those TP's added manually.

Once the agent manually added the Oct 27th flight, my account reset itself. My 2023 membership cycle ends November 2023.

The same agent also made a note on their own system to manually added to return flights 5 days later. The flights showed up on the day the agent promised they would add them.

My current tier point balance displays as 0 though (it should now be 240). After ringing another agent they assured me their system does show the correct tier points on their system and it's just an issue with the website. The agent said it's a known issue!

VS Flying Club IT is a complete mess!
#960590 by christ0r
12 Dec 2022, 19:01
So as suspected, the TPs earned on 1 December credited on 3 December, and were then wiped out by the reset on 4 December. So now I need to try and find someone at Virgin willing to put them back on again.

Hopefully that goes smoothly! :-D
#960593 by lifebuoy
14 Dec 2022, 00:26
To retain gold I had to earn 800 by 31st August, but when reset a 140 tier points I earned on 1st/2nd September were zeroed too. When I spoke to flying club yesterday I was told my membership year starts 15th September and that’s why the early September tier points were zeroed and they don’t count for this years qualification.

Anyone know if that’s tight ?
#960605 by christ0r
19 Dec 2022, 14:41
lifebuoy wrote:When I spoke to flying club yesterday I was told my membership year starts 15th September and that’s why the early September tier points were zeroed and they don’t count for this years qualification


I've just been told the same thing - that my tier reset date was 4th December and therefore my points earned on 1 December missed it.

My gripe is that there was nowhere to see this mythical date - my card stated expiry on 31 November, and also I called the Flying Club team on the 15th November 2022 who confirmed the 31 November date as being when the last day to earn under the then-current year. And regarding this year, the website states "To remain a Gold member you will need to earn an additional 680 tier points by 31 December 2023".

Very frustrating, and to be honest unlike any other airline I have ever dealt with - BA, Delta, Air France (etc) are all clear on when the requalification cut date is.
#960606 by dmc
19 Dec 2022, 15:04
christ0r wrote:I've just been told the same thing - that my tier reset date was 4th December and therefore my points earned on 1 December missed it.

My gripe is that there was nowhere to see this mythical date - my card stated expiry on 31 November, and also I called the Flying Club team on the 15th November 2022 who confirmed the 31 November date as being when the last day to earn under the then-current year. And regarding this year, the website states "To remain a Gold member you will need to earn an additional 680 tier points by 31 December 2023".

Very frustrating, and to be honest unlike any other airline I have ever dealt with - BA, Delta, Air France (etc) are all clear on when the requalification cut date is.


Just curious, is it showing you on 120 TP then if it says you need an additional 680 by 31/12/2023? Are those 120 additional TP you earned after 4th December?

It would be interesting to know what would have happened if you had been short of 800TP on 31 November and whether those TP you earned on 1 December would then have counted towards your renewal... otherwise it seems there is a period at renewal where earned tier points don't count at all, whether for the current year or the next year!
#960607 by christ0r
19 Dec 2022, 15:44
dmc wrote:Just curious, is it showing you on 120 TP then if it says you need an additional 680 by 31/12/2023? Are those 120 additional TP you earned after 4th December?


The above relates to the forthcoming year.

As for last year, I wasn't able to see what it showed, as Virgin remove that text (and associated date) once you requalify for Gold. It was long forgotten after 1 year of membership and 2 years of Covid extensions, and all the information available (Card expiry date and Virgin helpdesk) suggested that the Tier Expiry / Renewal Date was 31 November.

Below are the screenshots I took at the time (on the 15th November 2022):

Page showing "Tier Expiry" wording:
Image

Page showing expiry date:
Image
#960617 by mitchja
24 Dec 2022, 11:23
Got mine sorted out here. Turned out, my 240 TP's from flights I flew in October & November had in fact fallen into a black hole after my AU membership was supposed to reset at the end of September but didn't actually reset until Nov 2nd (which was the day I called FC to get my missing Oct 27th VS+DL flights added manually?!

Even the agent was as confused as I was.

VS have now (manually) changed my membership year cycle back to what it should have been i.e. expiring September 30th rather than the new November 30th date. They blamed the failed membership reset on their 'new system' Flying Club is running on.
#960646 by christ0r
01 Jan 2023, 19:10
I got mine sorted in the end as well. The agent was insistent that my year ended 4 December, but submitted a request (which must have been approved) to add the Tier Points to the current year out of goodwill.

As for next year, my account says: "To remain a Gold member you will need to earn an additional .... tier points by 30 November 2023". I've taken a screenshot of this as it disappears when you requalify (ridiculous...) and, as I expect to be travelling in December again, would rather have as much evidence as possible to avoid a repeat performance!
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mitchja and 4 guests

Itinerary Calendar