This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960556 by miked1e
08 Dec 2022, 14:35
Can someone please explain tier points to me..... I am currently a silver member after our UC flights earlier this year (MAN-MCO).

These expire end June 2023.

Before then i will be travelling MAN-CDG, CDG-BCN (both return flights) with AF and using flying club points. Will I get any tier points for these on VS partners?

Also, I will hopefully be booking VS flights for October '23 to NYC and may even do this via VA holidays as a package, and as I understand it you get 20 points per GB£ 500.

We will hopefully be travelling to Orlando again in 2024 with VS.

Anyhow, is it worth trying to retain silver membership (i think I need 300 points before end June '23). With above will I get it?

VA packagae will be approx GB£5k (200 points???), plus partner flights?

Thanks in advance.
#960560 by mitchja
08 Dec 2022, 15:45
You don't earn tier points when flying a reward flight on any partner airline unfortunately. You only earn tier points for reward bookings when flying on VS aircraft.
#960562 by mikethe3rd
08 Dec 2022, 19:33
Is it worth being silver?

I’d argue not. You get some extra miles on revenue tickets and PE checkin. It doesn’t really have the same benefits as BA Silver.

If you happen to hit it naturally - great. But I wouldn’t start planning travel around obtaining it.