This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960608 by Hev60
19 Apr 2021, 18:00
OMG the ban should start from now and not 4am Friday. When will they ever learn, that open door should be shut firmly with immediate effect.
#960609 by 747G-VXLG
19 Apr 2021, 19:03
Hev60 wrote:OMG the ban should start from now and not 4am Friday. When will they ever learn, that open door should be shut firmly with immediate effect.

I personally think that Virgin shouldn’t be sending A350s down there to bring full loads of pax back. Let’s hope that we don’t see loads of 332 pax like the ISB-MAN flights in the days before the ban.
#960614 by nicsbx
20 Apr 2021, 14:29
They could perhaps offer free hotel quarantine to anyone with an existing booking between the immediate effect of a ban, and the date they state, so in this case Friday at 4am. After that, people would need to pay themselves. It would give people who are unable to change imminent plans the opportunity to return without a huge cost.
#960615 by roadrunner
20 Apr 2021, 16:41
ColOrd wrote:Noel Phillips was using the VeriFLY app with American in a recent video he posted on YouTube which seems to be the app of choice of AA BA and I assume OneWorld generally and it looked pretty easy!

I've got the VeriFLY and it's a snap. My vax records are also automatically on my iPhone health and fitness app. I think this is the way to go, really.
#960628 by Tigerlilly
21 Apr 2021, 10:51
Only by October/November? Do you mean ALL routes by October/November ?
I was on a zoom event with delta ceo last night and he was saying June was very likely for a U.K. / USA travel corridor and they are working to achieve that with an announcement from USA in May .

It’s stressing me out now lol. Had 4 trips cancelled and desperate for my end of august trip to Vegas to happen .
#960629 by mitchja
21 Apr 2021, 11:07
I personally don't think we will see any foreign travel anywhere until at least July this year.

I would hazard a guess you will also need proof of having had both vaccines as well for all foreign travel. Being in the 45-50 y.o. age group here, my first jab is tomorrow and the second one July 8th.

I've already written off my SFO flights for June 1st.

Interesting that VS changed the SFO flight schedules a few weeks ago. My flights in Sept changed accordingly, however, my SFO flights in June have not changed at all which also doesn't bode well. VS & BA still selling SFO flights for June dates so far though!
#960631 by pidgeofcdf
21 Apr 2021, 11:12
he said all planes so by that i take it as all routes. i think they will operate limited routes/capacity until then.
i’m very hopeful we will get our corridor to usa but that’s only my honest opinion. your obviously more in the loop.
i’ve only had one trip cancelled (last september) and was very fortunate to go to las vegas in feb last year before covid fully spread.
hoping you get to go end of August and I get my MCO trip in September :)
#960633 by mitchja
21 Apr 2021, 11:25
The problem I see with the US at the minute is the varying COVID numbers by state. Some states are much better than others so until all states show a downward trend, it's not going to be easy to have a single blanket policy for travel to the US.
#960634 by Tigerlilly
21 Apr 2021, 14:23
pidgeofcdf wrote:he said all planes so by that i take it as all routes. i think they will operate limited routes/capacity until then.
i’m very hopeful we will get our corridor to usa but that’s only my honest opinion. your obviously more in the loop.
i’ve only had one trip cancelled (last september) and was very fortunate to go to las vegas in feb last year before covid fully spread.
hoping you get to go end of August and I get my MCO trip in September :)

Until it’s official from the whitehouse I’m just sitting tight and chewing my nails lol. I’ve had two zoom events recently, one with the delta ceo snd one with Paul Charles who helped design the traffic light system last year. Both were very positive for a usa-U.K. travel corridor by June/July . Fingers crossed that’s the case. Really hope you get your Florida trip. I should be there right now lol. But, in a twist of fate, the day we should have flown my adjoining neighbour had a huge house fire and weren’t home. If we’d have been on our flight we wouldn’t have a home left when we got back. Thankfully we detected the fire before we sustained too much damage to our home and stopped it totally ruining theirs. Xx
#960635 by flyingfox
21 Apr 2021, 15:00
The Transport Secretary did a webinar yesterday which he hinted that the FREE NHS lateral flow tests could be used in place of the expensive PCR tests as a solution to restart international travel at scale and could be used by PAX returning to the UK but not until the first checkpoint review. I just ordered some and interestingly you use the same account details as used in the NHS APP, there is a “test results” feature within the APP, not sure if that’s a feature they are developing so your results will be linked.

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-ra ... flow-tests
#960636 by Tigerlilly
21 Apr 2021, 15:57
flyingfox wrote:The Transport Secretary did a webinar yesterday which he hinted that the FREE NHS lateral flow tests could be used in place of the expensive PCR tests as a solution to restart international travel at scale and could be used by PAX returning to the UK but not until the first checkpoint review. I just ordered some and interestingly you use the same account details as used in the NHS APP, there is a “test results” feature within the APP, not sure if that’s a feature they are developing so your results will be linked.

Yes, I sadly missed that one yesterday as I was covering the covid vaccines hub til 8pm.
The myGP app is updating this month too, to show a green tick if you are vaccinated. Apparently, there is a way to link your vaccine status with the Apple health app but I can’t get it to work for me. Think that’s regional right now.
I tweeted umpteen times last month to grant and borris that after doing eat out to help out for hospitality and grants given to other sectors, they should be providing the free Nhs tests to travellers if they truly want to help the travel industry recover. One, it won’t put families / travellers off with added expense, and two, everybody uses the same standard of test . It’s pretty low cost to our government compared to what some private places are charging and are unreliable snd using sub standard tests.
#960637 by mitchja
21 Apr 2021, 16:31
flyingfox wrote: I just ordered some and interestingly you use the same account details as used in the NHS APP, there is a “test results” feature within the APP, not sure if that’s a feature they are developing so your results will be linked.

I’ve been using this since they became available to everyone. Unless I’m missing something, the NHS app does not show any results once you upload them even with you linking to your NHS number. I’ve done 4 tests now (all negative) but apart from an email and text message showing the result, I can’t see the results any where else?

I still don’t have access to my digital medical records though so maybe that is needed?

I’ve tried to do this but my GP surgery doesn’t seem interested. I requested this 2 weeks ago by ringing them. They use something called Patient Access for their digital record access which is separate and not linked to the NHS app apparently? They asked me to go in a collect a form, which I did. Filled the form in, went back with ID and so far nothing? I’ve absolutely no idea what if anything I’m supposed to do next?

It’s going to be a nightmare though if anyone wanting to travel is going to need access to their medical records and you have a GP surgery like mine who don’t seem very tech knowledgeable.
#960638 by ian448
21 Apr 2021, 18:11
had the exact same issue james, trying to get my Gp to release mine and the wifes digital medical record .Was very flustrating to say the least,after many phone calls and emails they eventually figured out how to do it and we now have access via the NHS app which does show vaccination details. For those possibly interested in travelling to BGI , the Chief medical officer there has confirmed they will accept the vaccination card we get provided with or the nhs app as proof of vaccination
#960639 by flyingfox
21 Apr 2021, 18:22
Yes James it was hard for me also getting access to my digital record, firstly I had to register with patient access;

https://www.patientaccess.com/

After about 24hours I was then able to log into my health record on the NHS app however not all elements were enabled ( basic access ). In order to gain full access I had to send photo ID and proof of address to my GP surgery and then again it took 24hours for it to filter through.
#960642 by smithy37
21 Apr 2021, 22:17
I mentioned this earlier in this thread.

Patient access app & register.

More/medical records/medication
And the vaccine will be shown in there.

I only use mine for repeat prescriptions and don’t have full access so this should be the same for everyone.

However, I’m sure the airlines will insist on some third party verification app so this all could be pretty pointless for now.
#960643 by ScoobySu
22 Apr 2021, 00:16
smithy37 wrote:I mentioned this earlier in this thread.

Patient access app & register.

More/medical records/medication
And the vaccine will be shown in there.

Unfortunately not all GP practices support Patient Access - including mine :-(
#960644 by VS075
22 Apr 2021, 09:40
flyingfox wrote:The Transport Secretary did a webinar yesterday which he hinted that the FREE NHS lateral flow tests could be used in place of the expensive PCR tests as a solution to restart international travel at scale and could be used by PAX returning to the UK but not until the first checkpoint review. I just ordered some and interestingly you use the same account details as used in the NHS APP, there is a “test results” feature within the APP, not sure if that’s a feature they are developing so your results will be linked.

I'm presuming they will only offer lateral flow tests to those without symptoms and those that are showing symptoms or get a positive result from a lateral flow test are directed to get a PCR test as per the current arrangements?

If so, that could be better than making everyone do a PCR test. However, I would suggest that is only used for arrivals from countries that are on the green list.
#960649 by Hev60
22 Apr 2021, 21:23
747G-VXLG wrote:
gumshoe wrote:Reported elsewhere - there’ll be no MCO flights to/from Glasgow or Belfast in 2021.

What’s the source for this?

Being posted by Gumshoe I would be assured it a genuine source and not some rubbish speculation!
#960650 by 747G-VXLG
22 Apr 2021, 21:45
Hev60 wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:
gumshoe wrote:Reported elsewhere - there’ll be no MCO flights to/from Glasgow or Belfast in 2021.

What’s the source for this?

Being posted by Gumshoe I would be assured it a genuine source and not some rubbish speculation!

What is your problem? There is no need to be unpleasant to me constantly!
Virgin Atlantic