This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961097 by MoJoJo
12 Jun 2021, 07:32
flyingfox wrote:Fridays update from VS Trade;

The following flights are cancelled

Cancellations Effective until and including

USA
LHR-MCO-LHR. 14 July
MAN-MCO-MAN. 14 July
LHR-SFO-LHR. 14 July
LHR-LAS-LHR. 17 July
MAN-ATL-MAN. 16 July
MAN-JFK-MAN. 15 July
MAN-LAX-MAN. 16 July

Caribbean
LHR-GND-LHR. 15 July
LHR-TAB-LHR. 6 Oct
LHR-HAV-LHR. 30 Sep
MAN-BGI-MAN. 13 July

Pakistan
MAN-ISB-MAN. 16 July

We’re delighted to let you know that we will resume operating return passenger flights between London Heathrow and Johannesburg on 24 June 3 x weekly and London Heathrow and Antigua from 23 June 1 x weekly.

Thank you for the update. THey have also cancelled LHR - HAV scheduled to operate on a Tuesday in October
#961116 by flyingfox
17 Jun 2021, 10:52
Update from VS Trade ;

The Following flights are cancelled

Cancellations. Effective until & including
India
LHR-BOM 31 July
LHR-DEL 31 July
Pakistan
MAN-ISB-MAN 31 July

During June we plan to maintain operations on the following routes, subject to late changes:
Our flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR 1-20 June, 3 per week/21-30 June, 4 per week
LHR-BOS-LHR 2 per week
LHR-JFK-LHR 1-20 June, 7 per week/21-30 June, 11 per week
LHR-LAX-LHR 7 per week
LHR-MIA-LHR 2 per week
LHR-BGI-LHR 2 per week
LHR-MBJ-LHR 1-19 June, 3 per week/20-30 June, 2 per week
LHR-ANU-LHR 1 per week from 23 June
LHR-JNB-LHR 3 per week from 23 June
BOM-LHR only 2 per week
DEL-LHR only 14-20 June, 3 per week/21-30 June, 2 per week
LHR-LHE-LHR 3 per week
LHR-ISB-LHR 3 per week
LHR-HKG-LHR 3 per week
LHR-LOS-LHR 7 per week
LHR-TLV-LHR 6 per week

Our partners are also back in the skies, and here's a reminder of where they are flying long-haul from the UK.

Our partner Delta Air Lines flying programme;
LHR-ATL-LlHR Daily
LHR-JFK-LHR 5 per week
LHR-SEA-LHR 3 per week

We will provide schedules for July and August as soon as details become available and will continue to keep our website up to date with all the latest updates to schedule and travel restrictions.
#961118 by flyingfox
17 Jun 2021, 14:35
Edit to add link to the VS FlyReady

https://www.virginatlantic.com/content/ ... nager.html

Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines partner on new integrated digital health tool to streamline transatlantic journeys

Virgin Atlantic FlyReady and Delta FlyReadySM will be the digital blueprint to reopen transatlantic travel

The solution will initially help customers find, book and prove they have the correct Covid-19 tests to fly, linking their FlyReady status to their booking, to speed up the airport experience.
Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines will make customers’ transatlantic journeys easier and seamless as international travel restarts this summer, with the introduction of a new ‘FlyReady’ status linked to pre-verified Covid-19 health credentials.

It comes following last week’s creation of the bilateral Atlantic Taskforce, a first step towards reopening the skies between the UK and US, recognising the importance of the UK-US travel corridor for businesses, families and consumers.

Customers traveling between the UK and the US in either direction will be the first to use Virgin Atlantic FlyReady, a new digital health management tool, available from this week. The solution will speed up the airport experience for customers, enabling them to upload and verify test results within the three days before departure and proceed smoothly through pre-flight checks with airline agents on the day of travel.

https://corporate.virginatlantic.com/gb ... ready.html
#961138 by mitchja
24 Jun 2021, 11:59
More updates:

Cancellations Effective until & including

USA
LHR-MCO 5 August
MAN-MCO 5 August
MAN-LAX 5 August
LHR-SEA 5 August
MAN-ATL 9 August
MAN-JFK 9 August
LHR-LAS 5 August
LHR-SFO 7 August

Caribbean
MAN-BGI 6 August
LHR-GND 5 August

During June we plan to maintain operations on the following routes, subject to late changes:

Our flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR 4 per week
LHR-BOS-LHR 2 per week
LHR-JFK-LHR 11 per week
LHR-LAX-LHR 7 per week
LHR-MIA-LHR 2 per week
LHR-BGI-LHR 2 per week
LHR-MBJ-LHR 2 per week
BOM-LHR only 2 per week
DEL-LHR only 2 per week
LHR-LHE-LHR 3 per week
LHR-ISB-LHR 3 per week
LHR-HKG-LHR 3 per week
LHR-LOS-LHR 7 per week
LHR-TLV-LHR 6 per week

Our partner Delta Air Lines flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR Daily
LHR-JFK-LHR 5 per week
LHR-SEA-LHR 3 per week
#961139 by ian448
24 Jun 2021, 12:53
Just a quick question re cancelled flights, currently in Barbados and half expecting my return flight mid July to LHR to been cancelled.
What is the usual protocol, do virgin automatically re book you onto an available flight or just cancel the flight and leave it to you to rebook ?
#961143 by Bluebear
24 Jun 2021, 16:23
Hi
Has anyone any idea where we stand with flights to MIA? I have reward flights LHR-MIA booked for Saturday 17th July and from what I can see flights to MIA are twice a week with Saturdays being one of the days. Does this mean that the flight wont get cancelled?

My return is MCO -LHR 11th August and MCO cancellations haven't quite reached this date yet.

We dont want to travel but I haven't changed the flights yet. I was hoping Virgin would cancel and then it would give me more flexibilty on taking a voucher and rebooking using EU 261.

Any thoughts welcome - thanks
#961151 by 747G-VXLG
24 Jun 2021, 21:29
mitchja wrote:More updates:

Cancellations Effective until & including

USA
LHR-MCO 5 August
MAN-MCO 5 August
MAN-LAX 5 August
LHR-SEA 5 August
MAN-ATL 9 August
MAN-JFK 9 August
LHR-LAS 5 August
LHR-SFO 7 August

Caribbean
MAN-BGI 6 August
LHR-GND 5 August

Our flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR 4 per week
LHR-BOS-LHR 2 per week
LHR-JFK-LHR 11 per week
LHR-LAX-LHR 7 per week
LHR-MIA-LHR 2 per week
LHR-BGI-LHR 2 per week
LHR-MBJ-LHR 2 per week
BOM-LHR only 2 per week
DEL-LHR only 2 per week
LHR-LHE-LHR 3 per week
LHR-ISB-LHR 3 per week
LHR-HKG-LHR 3 per week
LHR-LOS-LHR 7 per week
LHR-TLV-LHR 6 per week

Our partner Delta Air Lines flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR Daily
LHR-JFK-LHR 5 per week
LHR-SEA-LHR 3 per week

Will these be changed again due to the Caribbean destinations being moved to the green list?
#961163 by ColOrd
25 Jun 2021, 13:50
Mitchja if you get anything from them ref stepping up BGI back to daily can you us know? I have a week off next week and tbh if they are releasing capacity I’d happily look and see if i can do something last minute
#961165 by mitchja
25 Jun 2021, 17:03
Just received this update:

Following confirmation that Barbados, Antigua and Grenada will be designated ‘Green’ from Wednesday 30 June, we are now rapidly evaluating what scope there is to add flight capacity earlier than planned, as we remain absolutely committed to returning with our customers to these much-loved destinations this summer. We understand that customers will be looking forward to returning to the Caribbean, both to visit friends and relatives or take a well-deserved holiday. We’ll be in touch if there is an opportunity to travel sooner than the currently scheduled restart date of 6 August / 7 August.
#961166 by 747G-VXLG
25 Jun 2021, 17:23
mitchja wrote:Just received this update:

Following confirmation that Barbados, Antigua and Grenada will be designated ‘Green’ from Wednesday 30 June, we are now rapidly evaluating what scope there is to add flight capacity earlier than planned, as we remain absolutely committed to returning with our customers to these much-loved destinations this summer. We understand that customers will be looking forward to returning to the Caribbean, both to visit friends and relatives or take a well-deserved holiday. We’ll be in touch if there is an opportunity to travel sooner than the currently scheduled restart date of 6 August / 7 August.

Spd_travels on Twitter has posted a tweet from virgin stating that they are attempting to start MAN-BGI flights on 15th July.
#961173 by flyingfox
26 Jun 2021, 14:22
Reported elsewhere that Heathrow T4 will be opening shortly for red arrivals which was being trialled at T3. I see on the LHR terminal finder that VS flights are showing departures from T3 from Monday 2nd August.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... e-arrivals

The NHS App has made some cosmetic changes recently with a “NHS Covid Pass” option for Travel and now Event Trials
#961179 by flyingfox
29 Jun 2021, 11:48
Reported in the FT and Telegraph today;

A travel agreement between the US and UK is unlikely to happen until autumn, The Telegraph understands, as the Biden administration is in “no hurry” to lift the ban on non-US citizens from the UK.

It had been hoped that transatlantic travel would resume before July 4, but British Government sources have warned that any easing of restrictions is “not going to happen soon,” the Financial Times reports.

“We thought July was the earliest we might be able to get something in place, but now it’s looking more like September,” a source said.

Another added: “The Biden administration is in no hurry... and the chances of anything happening before August now seem to be zilch.”

An increase in Delta variant cases in the UK and uncertainty over the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine in the US are thought to be the reasons behind the delay. The US is the UK’s largest and most valuable inbound visitor market, worth £4.2 billion to the economy in 2019.

There is also an urgent question in the House of Commons later asking a Minister from the Dept of Transport to make a statement and update the House on the reopening of international travel. (Approx 13:20)
#961180 by VS075
29 Jun 2021, 13:24
With the proliferation of the Delta variant in the UK (and also in the US), that doesn't surprise me. Here's an article about the American take on the Delta variant in the UK: -

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/how-the ... he-us.html

Whilst I'm aware the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is yet to be approved for use in the US, I'm not sure why that's got anything to do with delaying the decision to reopen travel between the UK and the US.
#961181 by flyingfox
29 Jun 2021, 13:48
So in response to a question from the shadow transport secretary to Grant Schapps on opening up UK- US travel he states ;

“There are lots of complexities and we need to work through them, these are some”
The Global U.K./US travel task force had its first meeting last Thursday
Oxford AZ vaccine is not yet approved in the US because AZ have not applied for a FDA license
The US has no single digitized vaccine pass system (50different systems) are in use

“The task force will report back in due course”
#961198 by Hev60
30 Jun 2021, 15:12
Bluebear wrote:Thanks for posting the flight schedule.

I have a reward flight 17th July LHR-MIA , from the cargo schedule there is a plane going on that day, so does anyone know if this means Virgin wont cancel my flight?

Thank you

The US border is closed and will remain closed until the foreseeable future to uk tourists.
Cargo flights are different scenarios.
#961200 by Hev60
30 Jun 2021, 16:14
[quote="Bluebear"]Thank you for your reply.

In theory I should expect to see it cancelled any minute then?

Any idea how far in advance flights are being cancelled for LHR-MIA route?[/quote]

That’s Crystal ball territory!! Member “flyingfox” gives really good regular & accurate updates (none of which is guesswork or opinionated!) so keeping watching out.

There is lots of wishful thinking scenarios and hypothetical theories about when the US border will open. President Biden will make his decision to welcome uk tourists when he’s ready and he certainly doesn’t see that as a priority at present. Covid cases are increasing alarmingly on both sides of the pond, in fact globally and in the uk today it’s just been announced 26,068 new cases which is the highest daily figure since January when we was in lockdown. Not good news.
#961202 by gumshoe
30 Jun 2021, 22:46
Bluebear wrote:Thanks for posting the flight schedule.

I have a reward flight 17th July LHR-MIA , from the cargo schedule there is a plane going on that day, so does anyone know if this means Virgin wont cancel my flight?

Thank you

IIRC there are two passenger flights a week to MIA.

In my experience cancellations are advised exactly two weeks in advance so if your flight’s cancelled I’d expect to be told this weekend.

Having said that I think the VS5 does go on Saturdays so I would work on the assumption that your flight will operate as scheduled.
#961204 by Bluebear
01 Jul 2021, 08:04
Thanks Gumshoe

That's what I feared that it wont get cancelled as the flight is running.
My hope is for the return to be cancelled and therefore force the outbound to be cancelled. (My return is from MCO but not until 13th August.)
I was hoping to avoid cancelling it myself. Fingers crossed.
#961205 by gumshoe
01 Jul 2021, 09:17
I think you’ll be fine then.

With little sign of the US going green or reopening its border imminently, I suspect VS will have to extend MCO cancellations later into August in the next few days. They’re already up to the 5th I think.

So a bit of a game of chicken - but at least with reward bookings you only stand to lose £30 if you have to cancel first, and you can hold off pulling the plug until the morning before your outbound.
Virgin Atlantic