This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961132 by Miked1e
22 Jun 2021, 10:33
I expect this question is fairly irrelevant as I understand (thanks to this site) that the A330-200's will be retired and new A350s (potentially) will be flying the MAN-MCO route come mid/end May 2022 when we fly UC for the first time.

Anyhow, we can book our seats for the outbound flight and wondering what people thoughts of the cabin and best seats are on the A330-200.

We will be a party of 4. 2 x A, 1 x C and 1 x Lap I. Having read a few things we are leaning towards 5 E,F and K, with 1 adult and the Lap infant being in K for a little more privacy.

The only concern of these seats is the proximity to the toilet, but our preference is either the front or the back of the cabin with the back winning due to the slightly more private set-up of the window seat.

Appreciate any advice / comments. Note we have never flown UC before so any information would be great.

I am hoping that the A350's will be in by then, but also seeing the advantage of the seats E and F on the A332. Seems the formation on the A350 of the middle seats means you are facing away from whom you are sitting next to... in our case an adult and the child.

Thank you...
#961155 by mitchja
25 Jun 2021, 08:38
For privacy - go for the window seats. Fingers crossed though that the A332's are gone before you travel. The J cabin on the A332's is small, feels cramped and has very narrow aisles.

The only positive I can say is the larger HD IFE screens though the IFE controller isn't great.
#961172 by tontybear
26 Jun 2021, 13:59
There is one factor that could affect your seat allocation and that is with a lap child you may be restricted to certain seats that have an extra oxygen mask.
#961176 by Lindsk
28 Jun 2021, 21:45
Could I also ask for some advice on this subject? My husband and I currently have 3a and 4c booked for a Nov flight
We don’t want the ‘love suites’, I prefer the window, but would we be better with 2c and 3a? Not sure why we went for the seats we chose.. (all irrelevant if we can’t get there in November…but good to know)
#961178 by 747G-VXLG
28 Jun 2021, 22:36
Lindsk wrote:Could I also ask for some advice on this subject? My husband and I currently have 3a and 4c booked for a Nov flight
We don’t want the ‘love suites’, I prefer the window, but would we be better with 2c and 3a? Not sure why we went for the seats we chose.. (all irrelevant if we can’t get there in November…but good to know)

You may be a bit further away from each other but 3a and 5a would be the best. They are more private and window seats and away from the toilets that are on the other side. The ‘c’ seats have no privacy at all. Would always recommend the ‘a’ seats.
#961186 by Lindsk
29 Jun 2021, 22:34
747G-VXLG wrote:
Lindsk wrote:Could I also ask for some advice on this subject? My husband and I currently have 3a and 4c booked for a Nov flight

You may be a bit further away from each other but 3a and 5a would be the best. They are more private and window seats and away from the toilets that are on the other side. The ‘c’ seats have no privacy at all. Would always recommend the ‘a’ seats.

I hadn’t considered this, thank you. They are available on both legs, which is great.
It’s just a shame that we don’t get to eat together or sit and chat as we did on the 747s (first world problems…)
#961188 by 747G-VXLG
29 Jun 2021, 23:02
Lindsk wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:

I hadn’t considered this, thank you. They are available on both legs, which is great.
It’s just a shame that we don’t get to eat together or sit and chat as we did on the 747s (first world problems…)

To be completely honest I wouldn’t be surprised if your aircraft wasn’t changed to an a333 or a 789 due to the really slow restart to travel. The A332s may not even get to fly passengers again. If that happens I would recommend 1a and 2a on both of them for the privacy and being away from the bar.
#961194 by Lindsk
30 Jun 2021, 11:33
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll keep an eye on our account (and hope that we can fly in Nov, with a few Virgin Redheads in hand....)
Virgin Atlantic