This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961330 by Louie84x
14 Jul 2021, 11:27
Hi does anyone know where we can see Virgin flight schedules for August? I feel like I’ve seen someone post for July.

I have Vegas flights booked that are now no longer available to book online so suspect they’ve been cancelled. Plus I read an article that virgin had cancelled a bunch of flights to mid-end august, mainly to US so it would make sense!

Thanks
#961333 by gumshoe
14 Jul 2021, 12:27
LAS is cancelled officially until 21st August - and almost certainly later if the Presidential proclamation remains in place.
#961334 by Louie84x
14 Jul 2021, 15:21
Thanks, I tried to post earlier but site kept erroring!
Still no email but it seems we are defo cancelled, interested to see whether Virgin will let me move the flights without paying the extra mileage (they were booked in the 50% off redemptions sale….)
#961337 by ColOrd
14 Jul 2021, 19:28
You can argue with them about it and YMMV but the base stance is nope, it’s full mileage when you rebook them!
#961338 by Louie84x
14 Jul 2021, 19:52
Yeah I figured that might be the case Colord, goddamnit! Well I’ll give it a go once they officially cancel I guess, nothing to lose. I did ask them a month or so ago via WhatsApp if I could move the flights by a day and they said yes and no additional mileage, but didn’t end up doing it in the end.
#961340 by Hev60
14 Jul 2021, 21:32
gumshoe wrote:LAS is cancelled officially until 21st August - and almost certainly later if the Presidential proclamation remains in place.

With the Covid case numbers released yesterday and today, unfortunately I cannot see the US making any attempt to remove their ban in the near future either :-O
#961432 by Louie84x
22 Jul 2021, 23:30
Just in case anyone is interested Virgin have said over Twitter that since they cancelled the flights, I will be able to rebook without paying the additional mileage! Which I’m very happy about, but they did also say there will need to be rewards availability on the new dates, which I am struggling with unless we go Nov-Feb (not possible for us at the min)

So will hang on for now and hope new reward seats are released, not sure how long we have to reschedule
Virgin Atlantic