This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961495 by Lucydog
29 Jul 2021, 16:25
Just a thought having chosen my seats today for June 22 on 330/200 do you think it likely we will have been allocated a 350 holiday layout speck by then. Will i have to keep checking in case this changes and we are moved. I imagine things are going to change for us all whom have re booked 2/3 times since this pandemic. Also i have been told that V room has gone and my booking now shows its gone. looking forward to checking out Manchester airport and hope it now will get the clubhouse as that is not guaranteed. please post your trips and let us know what you think. :D
#961497 by ColOrd
29 Jul 2021, 17:36
Heya Lucy, which cabin are you flying in?

Firstly whilst its not proven or written anywhere, if a 332 carries Passengers on a normal VS flight ever again I will personally eat my head covering on a livestream from the Clubhouse so I think you're safe you wont be on a Berlin Bomber!

747XLG seems to be pretty up to speed with when the 350's are being delivered, so I'm hoping he will drop in.

As for the V:ROOM, yeah it has been semi officially announced that it won't be happening. If you're in Upper you should by June 22 be able to use the Manc Clubhouse (which is due now to open in 22 subject to traffic returning!) but if you're not in Upper, and there is no easy buy in to the CH (Which I suspect there will be, but that is my suspicion) you could always treat yourself to the 1903 lounge which looks pretty damned good!
#961498 by 747G-VXLG
29 Jul 2021, 18:15
As far as I know, the first leisure A350 (G-VEVE) is currently due to start flying passengers in January 2022. G-VEVE is currently sat in Toulouse unpainted with no engines attached so far. In my opinion this could mean a slightly later delivery. G-VLIB is also quite far forward in being assembled too (Diazluxo shared a picture recently). The other three (G-VWHY, G-VNVR & G-VELJ) are not very far forward. I was under the impression that all of these would be flying by next summer but I highly doubt it at the moment. I’m not sure where you are flying from but I think Orlando will be the first route then followed Barbados. The A332s should all be gone by March (if not a lot sooner). Then that leaves the A333s and the B789s. Manchester will probably get A333s on LAX, ATL and JFK. ISB will probably be 789s and by next summer (my guess is may or June) all MCO and BGI flights should (covid dependant) be A350s.
I hope this helps, I’ll let you know if I hear anything else.
#961503 by AlsirAl
29 Jul 2021, 20:58
I think the only thing that’s for sure is that it won’t be a an 322, as mentioned above they are due to be all gone by March. As for where the a350 will be flying in 10 months is anyone’s guess! Will come down to restrictions and route performance.

My advice would be to regularly check and have a plan in your head for both 333 787 and maybe even a L config 350 as and when it hits the sky’s.

Unfortunately planning details 11 months ahead in current climate is tricky
#961504 by David1946
29 Jul 2021, 21:19
Just booked our trip to RSW via ATL for end of January and it is an A333 so we were able to use points to upgrade to Upper from Economy light. The return in March is an A332 so no points availability as I assume because of the smaller cabin. Hopefully the 332s will have gone as otherwise we are back in the lovely 'love seats
#961506 by 747G-VXLG
29 Jul 2021, 21:52
mitchja wrote:VS are already scheduling B789s on MAN routes. My MAN>JFK flight for Sept (hopefully!) is showing as a B789 and has been for sometime now.

The main reason so many B789s are being scheduled on MAN routes is that there isn’t enough A333s in service to operate the flights. I believe the A333s stored in MAN will be sent down to LHR to be prepped to return to service once there is more certainty on a restart dates, then flights will start to switch over to A333s. As usual MAN will get the older planes with the exception of the A350s when they’ve finally been delivered.
#961509 by VS075
30 Jul 2021, 08:40
Lucydog wrote:Just a thought having chosen my seats today for June 22 on 330/200 do you think it likely we will have been allocated a 350 holiday layout speck by then. Will i have to keep checking in case this changes and we are moved. I imagine things are going to change for us all whom have re booked 2/3 times since this pandemic. Also i have been told that V room has gone and my booking now shows its gone. looking forward to checking out Manchester airport and hope it now will get the clubhouse as that is not guaranteed. please post your trips and let us know what you think. :D

The short answer is that it will depend on deliveries and schedules, as well as the small matter of the borders and if red/amber/green lists are still a thing by next June. If this pandemic has taught us anything, nothing is certain so best to be pragmatic and prepared.

I agree with the others that it's highly likely it won't be an A330-200.
#961511 by Miked1e
30 Jul 2021, 14:11
As I understand it the 1903 lounge is being used by VS until the MAN clubhouse opens (hopefully early 22). I expect this should be open for when we fly in May, however, if not and 1903 lounge still being used then will kids be allowed in at certain times? I see they are as guests of Etihad Airways... will VS have similar agreement considering their routes from MAN?
#961512 by Kraken
30 Jul 2021, 14:54
Miked1e wrote:As I understand it the 1903 lounge is being used by VS until the MAN clubhouse opens (hopefully early 22). I expect this should be open for when we fly in May, however, if not and 1903 lounge still being used then will kids be allowed in at certain times? I see they are as guests of Etihad Airways... will VS have similar agreement considering their routes from MAN?

"Buy-in" lounges normally waive their rules regarding children when it's an airline contract for passengers in First / Business Class, or with suitable FF status. Let's face it, it would be commercial suicide to have a lounge offering available to the MCO route that does not allow children. So yes, I can see that the 1903 lounge will relax their "no under 18's" rule at times appropriate to Virgin departures in T2 - but for guests of Virgin Atlantic only.

I'd also guess Virgin will have a Rep present in the 1903 lounge like they did in Escape Plus to assist Virgin guests & sort out any issues they may have. (The Rep was normally a cabin crew member who was grounded due to pregnancy).
#961532 by FeMcD126
01 Aug 2021, 12:44
Hi all

Our Glasgow to Orlando booking on 11th june next year has us on an A330-200. Do you think it will change before then? If so, any idea what we’ll be on? Currently have preferred seats booked so will need to keep an eye on it

Thanks
#961533 by 747G-VXLG
01 Aug 2021, 14:32
FeMcD126 wrote:Hi all

Our Glasgow to Orlando booking on 11th june next year has us on an A330-200. Do you think it will change before then? If so, any idea what we’ll be on? Currently have preferred seats booked so will need to keep an eye on it

Thanks

I think it will definitely change. The -200s are supposed to be completely gone by March 2022 (if not earlier). I think you will most likely be on an A330-300 because I don’t think all leisure A350s will be flying until a little bit later on.
#961536 by FeMcD126
01 Aug 2021, 22:40
747G-VXLG wrote:
FeMcD126 wrote:Hi all

Thanks

I think it will definitely change. The -200s are supposed to be completely gone by March 2022 (if not earlier). I think you will most likely be on an A330-300 because I don’t think all leisure A350s will be flying until a little bit later on.

Thanks! Will need to keep an eye on it then :-D :-D
#961597 by Lucydog
05 Aug 2021, 12:10
Ok things hopefully looking a bit better. noticed a350 on the lhr/bgi route, so maybe our 350 man/mco 2022 looking closer. Booked Premium again but tempted :) to see about upper price depending there are 5 adults on this long awaited trip. Not to worried about V room going as i want to explore the new layout. staying in crown plaza so breakfast there, will be early if its still 9.20 departure 8 June. Stay safe all. Prefer early flights. :-D
#961604 by 747G-VXLG
05 Aug 2021, 18:44
Lucydog wrote:Ok things hopefully looking a bit better. noticed a350 on the lhr/bgi route, so maybe our 350 man/mco 2022 looking closer. Booked Premium again but tempted :) to see about upper price depending there are 5 adults on this long awaited trip. Not to worried about V room going as i want to explore the new layout. staying in crown plaza so breakfast there, will be early if its still 9.20 departure 8 June. Stay safe all. Prefer early flights. :-D

Keep an eye out for your outbound flight as they are all showing up as 9h55m. They should at most be showing as 9h25m so I expect either your arrival or departure or both to change slightly.
Virgin Atlantic