This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961385 by 5549
19 Jul 2021, 15:57
Anyone know if any of the (decent) LHR parking companies offer meet and greet at the UC drive up check in?

I am starting to put plans in place now and so far I have not been able to find anything.

TIA!
#961387 by tontybear
19 Jul 2021, 17:02
IIRC Purple Parking used to offer this service but I believe it ended for various reasons (long before the pandemic).

What some drivers used to do was meet you up at the usual meeting point and then drive you around. Not sure how that would work with the new drop off charges though.
#962484 by 5549
26 Oct 2021, 10:14
Anyone got any ideas now things are getting more back to normal?

At the moment it looks like my main option is going to be stay in a hotel near Heathrow then take the car to the car park, get a taxi back to the hotel and then a taxi to DTCI in the morning..

Which is all a lot of faff... but I would really like to use DTCI as it may well be the only time I get to use it.

Suggestions on a post card!

PS I did a search and one user said he used a "park on my drive" person but I tried to PM said user for details but it wont let me PM him.
#962485 by moodyblue
26 Oct 2021, 10:38
You might consider the Justpark app. I have used this for parking in Central London near the Science museum and regularly for parking near hospitals. The app.is nationwide and identifies parking on private drives as well as in car parks ( I have used hotel car parks). Can be convenient and save money!
#962486 by flyingfox
26 Oct 2021, 11:13
I reached out to LHR re the new £5 drop off charge for those passengers who use the DTCI VS Upper Class Wing;

Thank you for contacting the Heathrow drop off team.

As long as you do no enter the designated standard drop off zone you will not be charged please ensure you use the private drop off wing.

Kind regards,
Brandon Dobson

I am sure taxis and Ubers will not try and charge the fee! :)
#962490 by ColOrd
26 Oct 2021, 12:26
The Gett App which I am a big fan off was charging me the fee three weeks ago to go from Hilton T4 to the Green Man pub, neither of which are actually “on” Heathrow.
#962492 by flyingfox
26 Oct 2021, 13:03
ColOrd wrote:The Gett App which I am a big fan off was charging me the fee three weeks ago to go from Hilton T4 to the Green Man pub, neither of which are actually “on” Heathrow.

Is there another fee then? The fee I was referring to is the Terminal Drop of charge which comes into operation on the 1st November.
#962497 by 5549
26 Oct 2021, 13:56
Just an update, I contacted a meet and greet parking company back in May about something else so I thought I would drop them an email to enquire about DTCI.

They advise they are now offering meet and greet at DTCI for a small additional fee.

I will cross my fingers all goes smoothly, if it does I will report back here with their details in case anyone else wants to use them.
Virgin Atlantic