This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962433 by 747G-VXLG
23 Oct 2021, 19:32
There have been updates today to flights to and from Orlando next summer:

Both LHR-MCO flights will be operated by the Leisure A350.
All MAN-MCO and EDI-MCO flights will be operated by A330-300s.
Departure and arrival times remain the same for now.

There will probably be further changes once there is more clarity on future aircraft deliveries and travel restrictions.
#962441 by RK
24 Oct 2021, 10:42
Just saw my May 2022 trip got swapped out for the A350 with the smaller upper cabin (16 seats). Interestingly, on both my outgoing and return, seat 1D is blocked off - but the others show people sat in the seats (and a tooltip saying someone has already chosen the seat), whereas 1D shows a cross symbol and the tooltip says "This seat isn't available for selection, but might become occupied by the time the flight departs" - does anyone know why?
#962456 by G-VFABulous
24 Oct 2021, 18:23
Yes, our recently re-booked trip to MCO on 19 August 22 on VS135 has been switched to the Leisure A350 - we've treated ourselves to Upper for the first time so pleased we'll be in the new suites! Though I noticed that the earlier VS91 to MCO that morning is on a mainline A350 and looks like that's the case all through August. I'm guessing they won't have enough Leisure A350s by the summer to have them on both flights (and presumably cover other routes to the Caribbean), unless they're waiting on delivery confirmations from Airbus and they switch it back to a leisure 350 later. Any news when the other three Leisure A350s will be delivered? Looks like just Fearless Lady in Dec and Lady Emmeline in Apr only as far as I can see.

The Leisure A350 looks like it might have a better Premium cabin as forward of the middle door and wing and a nice intimate Upper cabin. Look forward to seeing the pics when they start operating in December. Cheers!
#962460 by 747G-VXLG
25 Oct 2021, 00:17
DIAZLUXO wrote:We can expect Soul Rebel in around October next year, Wendy Darling about Jan 2023 and Benny Jet in June 2023 unless they bring forward deliveries, which i think needs to be done

Where did you get the info on Wendy Darling and Soul Rebel from?
#962464 by Miked1e
25 Oct 2021, 08:22
At the moment LHR is showing the ‘business’ config on one of the summer flights and leisure on the other.

So good to see A350s on this route, and my flights for May from MAN have changed to A333.

When the delivery date for next leisure config is confirmed, would this definitely be on the 2nd LHR flight or would they at least move one up to MAN?

Or is MAN still not a priority? :(
#962466 by StevieB
25 Oct 2021, 10:13
Our 1st of June flight on VS91 in upper is still showing an A333 aircraft. I'm checking every day to see if it changes. We have 1A, 2A & 3A currently. With the leisure config smaller, I want to make sure if the type is changed I can get the seats I want.
#962467 by StevieB
25 Oct 2021, 10:28
As an add-on to my previous post. I've just gone into the seat map for our June 1st VS91 flight and we're the only people showing in upper. This can't be right, surely we're not the only passengers for that date? Our return flight VS92 on June 29th is also showing as an A333 however, this is showing pretty full on the A-side.
#962468 by DIAZLUXO
25 Oct 2021, 11:48
StevieB wrote:Our 1st of June flight on VS91 in upper is still showing an A333 aircraft. I'm checking every day to see if it changes. We have 1A, 2A & 3A currently. With the leisure config smaller, I want to make sure if the type is changed I can get the seats I want.

On that day VS135 is showing a Leisure A350 with more than enough UC seats left if that helps.
#962470 by VS075
25 Oct 2021, 13:22
DIAZLUXO wrote:We can expect Soul Rebel in around October next year, Wendy Darling about Jan 2023 and Benny Jet in June 2023 unless they bring forward deliveries, which i think needs to be done

It will depend if Airbus are able to accommodate them on the production line, and if VS want to. Deliveries can't just be brought forward on a whim.
#962471 by classybird
25 Oct 2021, 14:35
747G-VXLG wrote:There have been updates today to flights to and from Orlando next summer:

There will probably be further changes once there is more clarity on future aircraft deliveries and travel restrictions.

Grateful for this post. So, whilst watching Strictly, I checked my July 22 booking and found that our original flight A330 and indeed been changed to the A350 Leisure. Also, our family of 6 had been allocated seated all over the place! Quickly changed that and as none of the other seats had been taken as yet were able to select the ones we wanted. Although I don't know what other passengers on this same flight are going to do. The orginal A330 was fairly full with only about 6 seats empty after we had selected ours then. Now that there are only 16 seats (less our 6 plus the bassinet seat) left, how are they going to fit us all in?
I am quite looking forward to the new seats but hubby is not happy with the 'booth'. Much prefers the bar on upper. Also, there doesn't appear to be any room for family or friend to sit and chat with you at your seat as you could do in the past. :-( Mind you, there is still plenty of time for it all to change again!!!
#962473 by 747G-VXLG
25 Oct 2021, 19:02

I’ve just been looking at the booking page and it seems like VS91 changes from business A350 to leisure A350 around the third week in August 2022. I think this may indicate that G-VBOB (or another one if they change the order again) will be delivered in August 2022.
#962474 by 747G-VXLG
25 Oct 2021, 19:06
classybird wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:There have been updates today to flights to and from Orlando next summer:

Grateful for this post. So, whilst watching Strictly, I checked my July 22 booking and found that our original flight A330 and indeed been changed to the A350 Leisure. Also, our family of 6 had been allocated seated all over the place! Quickly changed that and as none of the other seats had been taken as yet were able to select the ones we wanted. Although I don't know what other passengers on this same flight are going to do. The orginal A330 was fairly full with only about 6 seats empty after we had selected ours then. Now that there are only 16 seats (less our 6 plus the bassinet seat) left, how are they going to fit us all in?
I am quite looking forward to the new seats but hubby is not happy with the 'booth'. Much prefers the bar on upper. Also, there doesn't appear to be any room for family or friend to sit and chat with you at your seat as you could do in the past. :-( Mind you, there is still plenty of time for it all to change again!!!

They are swines to everyone in upper when they change an aircraft - they seem to seat everyone along the same row, not right next to each other like you’d expect them to do. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye out for an aircraft change because you could lose out if you don’t spot it early.
#962480 by Miked1e
26 Oct 2021, 09:17
747G-VXLG wrote:
classybird wrote:

They are swines to everyone in upper when they change an aircraft - they seem to seat everyone along the same row, not right next to each other like you’d expect them to do. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye out for an aircraft change because you could lose out if you don’t spot it early.

We had exactly same situation..... over the weekend we changed form A332 to A333 with the 4 of us across
row 9 (1 being lap infant) and with a big divider between us.

We have now changed to 1K, 2G, 2K :)
#962481 by Miked1e
26 Oct 2021, 09:22
747G-VXLG wrote:

I’ve just been looking at the booking page and it seems like VS91 changes from business A350 to leisure A350 around the third week in August 2022. I think this may indicate that G-VBOB (or another one if they change the order again) will be delivered in August 2022.

If schedule changes for mid August 2022 based on G-VBOB coming into service, where does this leave G-VLIB? Is she coming into service in April '22 still?

Would it be viable for LHR-MCO to run 2 x A350s (1 business, 1 leisure) until the 3rd A350 leisure comes in?

Where will G-VLIB go to? Will she possibly come up to Manchester which are only showing A333 at the moment for summer '22? Hope so....
#962493 by DIAZLUXO
26 Oct 2021, 13:18
Miked1e wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:

If schedule changes for mid August 2022 based on G-VBOB coming into service, where does this leave G-VLIB? Is she coming into service in April '22 still?

Would it be viable for LHR-MCO to run 2 x A350s (1 business, 1 leisure) until the 3rd A350 leisure comes in?

Where will G-VLIB go to? Will she possibly come up to Manchester which are only showing A333 at the moment for summer '22? Hope so....

https://www.virginatlantic.com/content/ ... stome.html she will still come into service in April but she will be operating the LHR-BGI services
#962496 by Miked1e
26 Oct 2021, 13:40
747G-VXLG wrote:It says Barbados in later 2022 so I think it will be in the winter and they will have one a day to Orlando from Manchester and Heathrow.

Fingers crossed.... maybe i read the article incorrectly, but couldn't see where it stated the 2nd delivery was to service Barbados.

Hoping that this one comes to Manchester April '22!
#962513 by Miked1e
28 Oct 2021, 09:48
FlyerTalkUserName wrote:Bummed about the downgrade in seats from the A332 to the A333, but this resulted in quite a few additional award seats being dumped and allowed for me to book round-trip in Biz MCO-EDI. Definitely a win overall. Now hopefully they'll switch back to the A332. :)

Dare I ask how much of a downgrade is it?

In truth this will be our first UC experience, so I expect anything (even worst UC seats) is still somewhat of an upgrade from our previous Trans-Atlantic flights. Flown PE a couple of times.

However, I am looking at the positives of each aircraft type and why each formation will be good for our family of 4 - 2 adults, 1 child (turning 5 whilst on the holiday) and 1 lap infant (9 months).

A332 (I understand no longer) - 'Love seats' would be great for my son and I whilst the wife would have been in 5K with a bit of privacy with the infant.

A333 - Hopefully get the bassinet seat, so seats 1G, 1K, 2K. Not sure I like the sound of having to get someone to arrange the bed for us though. If we have 3 seats at the front of the plane, then hopefully not looking at someone else feet either.

A350 - preferred seating as gives somewhat a combination of all of the above with much newer seats / suites!
#962515 by David
28 Oct 2021, 13:08
Not been on the A332 in Upper, but the general consensus on here is the A330 is a better place to be. Its a bigger cabin and you have the bar.

I'm glad the EDI flights have changed to A330, its opened up more reward seats.

David
#962516 by FlyerTalkUserName
28 Oct 2021, 15:50
David wrote:Not been on the A332 in Upper, but the general consensus on here is the A330 is a better place to be. Its a bigger cabin and you have the bar.

I'm glad the EDI flights have changed to A330, its opened up more reward seats.

David

I haven't flown on the VS A332, but I've flown in similar seats and like the privacy over the A333 and the functionality of the seat. I haven't flown the VS A333 but did fly the 747 and that was even worse since the cabin angled in. But you're on the 747 so that makes everything better.

Agreed on the benefit of opening up more reward seats. I would have been connecting on BA (albeit in their new A350) if not for the equipment change so definitely an overall benefit to me.
Virgin Atlantic