This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962803 by ColOrd
20 Nov 2021, 19:29
I thought I would put this in here, as its technically a "new" procedure if true. I read somewhere either on Twitter or maybe on the other aviation forum who dare not speak its name here, that VS arrivals at LAX were being processed through TBIT rather than through T2. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this, or is/was it a peak Covid thing that is now over?
#962805 by mitchja
20 Nov 2021, 21:54
The VS website does mention this so it is legit:

Virgin Atlantic arrivals to LAX
When you arrive in to LAX with us, we’ll be disembarking at Terminal B in the Tom Bradley International Terminal. You’ll be able to collect your bags here, as well as clear Customs and Border Protection. It’s important to note that this is a different terminal to Terminal 2 that we depart from, so please make sure you let family and friends meeting you know in advance, or consider when making parking arrangements.

LAWA the airport authority runs a 24hr shuttle that circles the airports making stops at all of the terminals.

Virgin Atlantic departures from LAX
You’ll still find our check-in teams ready to welcome you to Terminal 2 as usual, along with security screening and the Terminal 2 departure lounge.

Once you’ve cleared security in Terminal 2, we’ll ask you to proceed to the gate, at which point we’ll provide shuttle busses for the short trip to Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal), where our planes will be operating from. We strongly recommend you make the journey across to Terminal B as soon as you can after clearing security in Terminal 2.

Whilst our LAX Clubhouse unfortunately remains closed at this time, our colleagues will be very pleased to take care of Upper Class and Gold Flying Club customers in the Delta Sky Club on the mezzanine level of the Terminal 2 departure lounge. If you do intend to use the Delta Sky Club please ensure you make you way over to Terminal B at least an hour before the stated departure time.

If you have any questions, our teams will of course be available in Terminal 2 and on hand to assist.

There must be a reason why VS can't have their check-in in TBIT? VS check-in at LAX T2 and the whole of T2 departures is pretty grim; as least it was when I was last there in 2019.
#962807 by ColOrd
20 Nov 2021, 22:19
Thanks Mitchja you’re a star, I couldn’t find it on the website!

We are flying into LA and back out of Vegas.

When I flew into LA last (also 2019) it was a lush experience, off the plane, was HBO, so straight through no bags to collect, was lucky with the Hilton shuttle and pretty much was in my room at the Hilton within of half an hour of the plane door opening!

I somehow suspect on Xmas Eve that TBIT might not be so swift!
#962860 by paulreg
24 Nov 2021, 17:47
Hi

Is VS website now allowing Covid Test cetificates and NHS Vaccine certifcates to be uploaded during Online check in?

Has anyone had any experience of getting a child a US covid day 3 test in Orlando? Are there plenty of sites for non US citizens?
#962861 by Q_Division
24 Nov 2021, 18:46
I manage to upload my certificates yesterday via my booking as it seems you can do it 3 days before. Check in for me doesn't open until tomorrow but it seemed to accept them.
#962863 by Lindsk
24 Nov 2021, 22:49
I’ve uploaded our negative test results and NHS QR codes as well ahead of our Friday flight. Checked on FlyReady and we are both showing as verified.
I’m still printing everything out though, just being cautious.
#962923 by ColOrd
29 Nov 2021, 15:53
vji6697 wrote:
ColOrd wrote: but on my record will be three Covid Shots, 1,2 and the Booster. Since they aren't as far as I know doing Boosters in the US are they going to query it and question why I have had a third? I am sure other people will be in this situation!

I wouldn't worry too much about this as the NHS app is unable to show the booster at the moment and there seems to be no clear roadmap as to when that will appear. The advice being, if your destination wants proof of a booster, then your GP can write a letter. For the US, you can just use the travel passport in the NHS App. I know as my Dad had his booster a month ago and when I checked his app, it was not there, so a quick bit of googling showed why

For anyone's reference my Booster is showing in my NHS App. I had it yesterday lunchtime and it was showing in the app this morning with the ability to generate both an Apple Wallet pass and print a QR code etc.
#962939 by 5549
01 Dec 2021, 10:28
I wish they would just hurry up and announce it I have my test booked for Tuesday for Thurs flight.
#962940 by Tfawkes
01 Dec 2021, 10:38
5549 wrote:I wish they would just hurry up and announce it I have my test booked for Tuesday for Thurs flight.

I'm similar I've got a test booked for Monday for travel on Wednesday. I'm just hoping they new rules don't come in until after I fly. But I don't think we'll here anything until the briefing planned for tomorrow
#962949 by mitchja
02 Dec 2021, 14:59
This is now confirmed. From Dec 6th, your pre-departure test now needs to be within 24hrs of flying.

Nothing else changes including the type of test needed.

From VS Trade

New US Testing Requirements
Today (2 December 2021) the White House confirmed that the United States will be strengthening its pre-departure testing protocols to respond to the Omicron COVID-19 variant.

The official announcement can be found here, as part of a broader set of actions by the US Government.

From early next week (commencing 6 December - exact date to be confirmed) all international arrivals by air will be required to present a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test, taken within one day (24 hours) of departure to the US, regardless of nationality or vaccination status.

Pre-departure tests for the US can be at-home/remote, providing it’s via a telehealth service affiliated with the test manufacturer (i.e. video-observed) or administered in-person by a health professional. Lateral flow (antigen) and PCR tests are both accepted.

Please continue to check the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website which will be updated with the latest entry requirements. If you need a helping hand with testing options and providers, please refer to our help centre.

In line with existing rules, all foreign national visitors to the United States must be fully vaccinated.

From the White House website:

Strengthening global pre-departure testing protocols:

Early next week, the United States will tighten pre-departure testing protocols by requiring all inbound international travelers to test within one day of departure globally, regardless of nationality or vaccination status. This tighter testing timeline provides an added degree of public health protection as scientists continue to assess the Omicron variant.

I know Express Test do allow appointment date and time changes free of charge. Not sure about other providers?
#962950 by Tfawkes
02 Dec 2021, 15:49
Thanks for the update, knew the change was happening wasn't quite sure the date, had to change my test date to 7th as I fly the 8th but luckily found availability.
#962953 by Seyre1972
02 Dec 2021, 17:22
Thank you for the clarification - luckily fly in the 4th, so had my fit to fly dome yesterday.

Re the 2 day PCR on return - mine is booked for same day I land - revivals, grab my car then drive thru ExpressTest site @ Terminal 4 long stay car park. I’ve drinks that afternoon, so hoping by time I get home I’ve got confirmation all clear … :D
#962970 by Murraymint
03 Dec 2021, 14:31
Wonder if anyone can give me some guidance with regards to the new 1 day testing rule for US entry - specifically for connecting flights.

I know that the one day rule applies to your first flight but I’ve been searching for the definition of a “connecting flight”. I know that it doesn’t have to be on the same airline or even on the same ticket but does it include an overnight transit.

For example - I fly from Larnaca to LHR on BA arriving at 18:10 so need an overnight stay at Sofitel T5 to catch the VS flight to MIA next day at 10:40. Does this count as a connecting flight meaning my test can be done 1 day before the first flight even though they are on separate tickets? Any suggestions appreciated.
#962972 by flyingfox
03 Dec 2021, 14:40
Update from VS Trade ;

Arriving into the UK from a non-Red list country, such as India as of 2 Dec 2021

Fully vaccinated customers
If a customer is fully vaccinated through an approved vaccination programme, they’ll need to take these three steps before flying to England. To understand what makes them eligible for fully vaccinated status, please check GOV.UK.
Book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 PCR test - to be taken on or before the end of day 2 in England, and self-isolate until the negative result is confirmed. Please note, the PCR test can be taken as soon as customers land in the UK (on day 0), with rapid PCR tests offering a result in 24 hours or less.
Complete a Passenger Locator Form – including their covid-19 test booking reference number, any time in the 48 hours before they arrive in England
Take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after they arrive in England
If they’re fully vaccinated, they will not need to take a pre-departure test; day 8 COVID-19 test or quarantine upon arrival.

Unvaccinated customers:
If customers do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules; are partially vaccinated; or are not vaccinated at all, they will be subject to more stringent requirements. Before they travel to England they must:
Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before they travel to England
Book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 tests – to be taken after arrival in England
Complete a Passenger Locator Form – any time in the 48 hours before they arrive in England
After customers arrive in England, they must:
Quarantine at home or in the place they are staying for 10 days
Take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
Customers may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the Test to Release scheme

Arriving from a red-list country (or travelled to one in the last 10 days)
Irrespective of vaccination status, customers who have been in a Red list country in the last 10 days will only be allowed to enter the UK if they are a British or Irish national or have residence rights in the UK.
Before customers travel to England, they must:
Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before they travel to England
Book a quarantine hotel package, including 2 COVID-19 tests. Book as early as possible to ensure availability, as customers won’t be permitted entry to England without proof of a confirmed quarantine package booking.
Complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before they arrive in England
If customers are arriving from a Red list country to London Heathrow airport, their flight will land in Terminal 4.

When customers arrive in England, they must quarantine in a managed hotel, including 2 COVID-19 tests.

Face Masks Exemptions & Special Assistance

For most flights, we expect all customers aged 12 and above to wear a facemask. On a flight to or from the United States, customers aged 2 and over must wear a face mask, in order to comply with slightly different rules set by the US authorities.

We need to remind you that if any of our customers require a mask exemption or have any pre-existing medical conditions, these need to be disclosed to Virgin Atlantic atleast 48 hours prior to travel. You can contact our Special assistance team at https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/gb/e ... forms.html or by emailing [email protected]
Please ensure the customer has their booking reference when they contact us.
Last edited by flyingfox on 03 Dec 2021, 16:56, edited 3 times in total.
#962973 by Normyboy
03 Dec 2021, 14:49
Seyre1972 wrote:Thank you for the clarification - luckily fly in the 4th, so had my fit to fly dome yesterday.

Re the 2 day PCR on return - mine is booked for same day I land - revivals, grab my car then drive thru ExpressTest site @ Terminal 4 long stay car park. I’ve drinks that afternoon, so hoping by time I get home I’ve got confirmation all clear … :D

I wouldn’t be too confident about having drinks in the afternoon of your return PCR (unless you’re drinking alone :-D ). I had my PCR at LHR yesterday lunchtime and I’ve not had my results yet…
#963017 by flyingfox
05 Dec 2021, 15:21
Update from VS Trade;

VSbulletin COVID-19 HM Government Travel Restriction - 5 Dec 2021
The UK Government has confirmed that from 0400 GMT on Tuesday 7 December, anyone aged 12 years and over travelling to the UK will be required to take a pre-departure COVID-19 test, regardless of their vaccination status, within 2 calendar days of departure. This test can be a PCR or antigen (lateral flow) test. If customers need a helping hand with testing options and providers, please refer them to our help centre. Full UK entry requirements can be found on the UK Travel advise page.

Official UK government testing advice can be found here

Edit to add link too gov.uk
Last edited by flyingfox on 06 Dec 2021, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
#963026 by paulreg
06 Dec 2021, 11:02
Help. Getting more confused by the day with the rule / testing changes. Flying from UK to MIA and then back week later this month with two 14 year old kids. Adults all fully vaccinated.
Would greatly appreciate peoples thoughts / experiences: -

1) Outward Leg - LHR to MIA - I have booked Project Screen lateral flow test which are to be observed 26 hours before LHR flight by Azova and received test kits in post. Has anyone done this already and how did they find process with Azova / PS? I seem to have had to register with both companies. I have booked appointment for Azova for 3 of us at same time of day albeit only one computer.

2) Return Leg - MIA to LHR - Any recommendation on best approach to do re getting tested before return flight to the UK ? Am I able to reorder lateral flow test from a UK provider before I leave UK and then take with me, to do the test myself or does it need to be observed for the UK government and if so could I do same as outward leg and buy the PS test with Azova monitoring?
#963027 by OCdreamin
06 Dec 2021, 11:21
paulreg wrote:Help. Getting more confused by the day with the rule / testing changes. Flying from UK to MIA and then back week later this month with two 14 year old kids. Adults all fully vaccinated.

1) Outward Leg - LHR to MIA - I have booked Project Screen lateral flow test which are to be observed 26 hours before LHR flight by Azova and received test kits in post. Has anyone done this already and how did they find process with Azova / PS? I seem to have had to register with both companies. I have booked appointment for Azova for 3 of us at same time of day albeit only one computer.

2) Return Leg - MIA to LHR - Any recommendation on best approach to do re getting tested before return flight to the UK ? Am I able to reorder lateral flow test from a UK provider before I leave UK and then take with me, to do the test myself or does it need to be observed for the UK government and if so could I do same as outward leg and buy the PS test with Azova monitoring?

When do you fly?
My wife and I have booked same service for testing Saturday, flying from LHR Sunday. We did not find the booking process straightforward, e.g. had to call to get the Azova link & codes, and after changing test date from 3 to 1 day, the change, although confirmed, did not update in the Apps until we clicked on the Appointment tab. Time permitting, I will try to inform you about the observed testing.
#963028 by paulreg
06 Dec 2021, 12:08
OCdreamin wrote:
paulreg wrote:Help. Getting more confused by the day with the rule / testing changes. Flying from UK to MIA and then back week later this month with two 14 year old kids. Adults all fully vaccinated.

When do you fly?
My wife and I have booked same service for testing Saturday, flying from LHR Sunday. We did not find the booking process straightforward, e.g. had to call to get the Azova link & codes, and after changing test date from 3 to 1 day, the change, although confirmed, did not update in the Apps until we clicked on the Appointment tab. Time permitting, I will try to inform you about the observed testing.

We fly in 11 days time. Would greatly appreciate feedback on how the process goes this Saturday. Thanks
#963029 by Tfawkes
06 Dec 2021, 12:19
The Test to return to the UK does not need to be observed so project screen offer test to return to the UK for £17 just a normal lateral flow and you send a picture of the result. I ordered some Saturday night when I saw the change as we fly out Wednesday, they arrived this morning. They hadn't updated the website but were selling them as unvaccinated returning to the UK had to complete the test, so that's how I found them on their website.
#963030 by mitchja
06 Dec 2021, 13:33
I’m on The Bahamas at the minute which this change was made and so have been unable to buy a test in the U.K. to bring with me.

It’s not a problem though as I’ve purchased a testing voucher via The Bahamas health visa website for $25.

(Anyone travelling to The Bahamas needs to apply for a health visa costing $50 which also needs to be approved before you travel along with a negative COVID-19 lateral flow test if fully vaccinated no more than 5 days before departure.)

There is quite an extensive list of local providers on all the islands who do testing and accept these vouchers. Luckily for me one of the testing sites is just across the road from where I’m staying in George Town, Exuma.

Test booked for tomorrow.
Virgin Atlantic