This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962931 by Kraken
10 Dec 2023, 04:08
Have just done OLCI for tomorrows [to us in Florida, todays to you in the UK] VS76. Have had 1A booked for ages, but check-in has seen me bumped to 2A. No aircraft change from what we can see - still the incoming A333 from LHR that will form the VS76 to MAN.

We eagerly await to see what Z-lister takes residence in 1A. Have been bumped in the past on a 747 in Upper so a certain Dale Winton could have his preferred seat. That flight was a disgrace too - only one passenger out of 14 was of any interest to the crew.

Fingers crossed for a decent flight home tomorrow. The food certainly won't be good for sure - will be dining in the terminal, just the plan of action you should have to take before a business class flight.
#962933 by mitchja
10 Dec 2023, 10:53
It may have been blocked for crew rest.

TBH 1A (or 1K) isn't anything to write home about unless you're flying home on the A350's which have the larger footwells. Even then you usually end up get disturbed with galley noise plus lots of crew footfall on night flights.
#962934 by CommanderB
10 Dec 2023, 12:52
It can also be because the seat is broken. Those UCS’s are aging and it’s become common to see them broken on the 787 fleet. Just yesterday 1A was broken and blocked on G-VOWS and a week before that 6A broken and blocked on G-VAAH.
#962936 by VS075
10 Dec 2023, 18:05
CommanderB wrote:It can also be because the seat is broken. Those UCS’s are aging and it’s become common to see them broken on the 787 fleet. Just yesterday 1A was broken and blocked on G-VOWS and a week before that 6A broken and blocked on G-VAAH.

It's certainly ancient in terms of design, though the A330-300 fleet should have UCS seats that are newer than quite a few of the 787s as they were retrofitted with these to replace the UCDS seats a number of years ago. Though for all I know, those seats could well have been salvaged from withdrawn A340s or 747s and reconditioned before being fitted into the A330s.
#962944 by Kraken
11 Dec 2023, 17:52
It was a broken seat in 1A. The drinks tray was taped up to the seat wall with "I'm Broken - Please don't use me" tape. The rest of the seat was fine - and yes, the crew did use it for crew rest.
Virgin Atlantic