This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962899 by 747G-VXLG
27 Nov 2021, 18:41
PCR tests are now mandatory for all travellers to the UK within 2 days of arrival and self-isolation is required until you have a negative result.
#962903 by mitchja
27 Nov 2021, 19:46
Express Test

They have several testing locations at LHR including one on the T3 forecourt according to their website (which is the one I've booked). £69 for a Day 2 PCR test. Booked a couple of hours after I arrival and before I head to Kings Cross to catch my train home later that afternoon. I always book the day after a trip off work for such eventualities as this!

I've used my local Express Test a couple of times now and they are very reliable and my last PCR result came back in around 30 hours.

You do get a PLF code at the time of booking for arrival tests.

I requested a refund from Chronomics for the day 2 lateral flow test I purchased from them which was what I was originally going to use. Purchased that less 14 days ago so covered by their refund T&C's.
#962905 by LREDI
27 Nov 2021, 21:18
I'm arriving back from MIA on the 6th and I've just done similar booking a PCR with Express Test. They're also doing my Lat Flow before departure on Monday. Very simple.
#962906 by mitchja
28 Nov 2021, 10:50
This comes into effect from 04:00 Tuesday 30 Nov. Day 2 lateral flow tests will no longer be accepted after that time even for fully vaccinated travellers and everyone must book a day 2 PCR test and then self isolate until the results come back. The passenger locator form will also be updated as well.

Anyone arrive before that time can continue to use a day 2 lateral flow test.
#962948 by Normyboy
02 Dec 2021, 13:53
Just returned on VS8 into Terminal 3. The flight was delayed and I ended up missing my pre-booked ExpressTest slot however they were extremely accommodating and did my PCR there and then. Very efficient service if anyone is still deliberating.

I must say though that the ExpressTest facility was smaller than I’d imagined and I’m not sure they could cope with huge numbers of people.

Any questions just ask.

David
#962955 by gumshoe
02 Dec 2021, 19:22
calmdave wrote:Can I ask what is probably a stupid question?

If I now need to take a PCR test must I take this immediately on arrival?

If not is a taxi service allowed to take me home?

No, you can take it any time on Day 0 (arrival day), Day 1 or Day 2.

Yes, you can use taxis or public transport to get home but you’re then meant to self isolate until you get a negative test result.
#962965 by danflyer
03 Dec 2021, 11:49
My parents will be flying back from MCO to LHR later this month, I have said that Express Test have a location at T3 Forecourt. They are not used to LHR as only used LGW before, could someone advise where they are located - Many thanks in advance.
#962968 by Normyboy
03 Dec 2021, 13:10
danflyer wrote:My parents will be flying back from MCO to LHR later this month, I have said that Express Test have a location at T3 Forecourt. They are not used to LHR as only used LGW before, could someone advise where they are located - Many thanks in advance.

It is located on the forecourt directly outside of terminal 3 departures. Both departures (check in desks) and arrivals are on the ground floor therefore it’s only a very short walk once they’ve collected their baggage. If they haven’t already left for Orlando then they should see the testing centre on the day they depart.
#962979 by Normyboy
03 Dec 2021, 19:29
Normyboy wrote:Just returned on VS8 into Terminal 3. The flight was delayed and I ended up missing my pre-booked ExpressTest slot however they were extremely accommodating and did my PCR there and then. Very efficient service if anyone is still deliberating.

I must say though that the ExpressTest facility was smaller than I’d imagined and I’m not sure they could cope with huge numbers of people.

Any questions just ask.

David

Just to update that I’ve now received my negative result by email, 30 hours after the PCR test. I would happily use ExpressTest again
#962981 by vic110
03 Dec 2021, 20:20
We arrived back from Florida yesterday and had our PCR tests done on arrival at Manchester airport. We used Collinson who have a drive thru or walk in test center based at the airport. We used the drive thru which was very quick and efficient. We had our results back in 16 hours and It cost £69. We had our lateral flow test done here on the way out as well and had no issues.
#962990 by danflyer
04 Dec 2021, 09:43
Normyboy wrote:
danflyer wrote:My parents will be flying back from MCO to LHR later this month, I have said that Express Test have a location at T3 Forecourt. They are not used to LHR as only used LGW before, could someone advise where they are located - Many thanks in advance.

It is located on the forecourt directly outside of terminal 3 departures. Both departures (check in desks) and arrivals are on the ground floor therefore it’s only a very short walk once they’ve collected their baggage. If they haven’t already left for Orlando then they should see the testing centre on the day they depart.

Many thanks for this, they are currently in Florida and do not recall seeing the testing centre. I have advised them of the location - think they just made a beeline for zone A!
#963021 by Jane_L
05 Dec 2021, 20:28
Anybody flying home from US able to advise on where to get a pre-flight covid test? My parents are due to fly back from Orlando on Friday. There's a testing centre in Orlando but that's a 3hr drive away from where they're staying. Walgreens is a possibility but they couldn't say for definite it was suitable for a pre-flight test
#963043 by NorthernLad
07 Dec 2021, 20:54
Sorry Jane only just seen this post.
We are in exact same position geographically and flying back to MAN on Friday.
We decided Walgreens wouldn't work so out daughter in UK click and collected 2 tests from Prenetics Manchester location on Monday and FedExed (open acct for 40% discount & total cost reduces to £45)
Should have been here at 1pm today, but still in transit.
Let us know if any better solution has appeared.
#963045 by NorthernLad
07 Dec 2021, 21:18
Our tests have been sat at CDG all today and only just left FedEx facility (hopefully bound for USA)
Our daughter just told us:
Some people have mentioned these on The Dibb forum. One person has uploaded their results to Virgin & it's been accepted. They're due to fly tomorrow so will keep my eye on forum. There's one in Cape Coral & one in Fort Myers so you could go Thursday if LFTs don't arrive. Free but tips accepted

https://centerforcovidcontrol.org/locat ... t-myers-fl
#963049 by mitchja
08 Dec 2021, 03:31
Chronomics also seem quite willing to ship internationally as well as whilst here in The Bahamas I’ve just ordered a return to UK £19 test for my next US trip at the end of this month and because it’s determined I’m in The Bahamas it automatically added a £40 shipping charge to the order.

Once I turned my VPN on and refreshed the order page, the shipping charge dropped to 0.00. They use DPD for UK deliveries as I’ve used them several times now.
#963050 by Lindsk
08 Dec 2021, 05:24
We are also in Orlando, due to (hopefully) fly home this Friday. We’ve booked our LFTs with this company for tomorrow (weds)
https://covidtestingllc.com/
#963051 by danflyer
08 Dec 2021, 09:35
My parents are also in Orlando, There is a testing facility at MCO, they do both PCR and Antigen. It’s located before security opposite gates 1-59. Pre-bookable appointments. They are going to go the day before their flight.
https://orlandoairports.net/getting-aro ... -covid-19/

They have booked the PCR test to be done at LHR when they arrive.
#963071 by Lindsk
09 Dec 2021, 05:49
Q_Division wrote:
Lindsk wrote:We are also in Orlando, due to (hopefully) fly home this Friday. We’ve booked our LFTs with this company for tomorrow (weds)
https://covidtestingllc.com/

We've got ours booked with them too for Thursday (fly Saturday)

We had ours this morning and our negative results were with us within 10 minutes. Quick and efficient service
Virgin Atlantic