This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963669 by Joshl257
24 Jan 2022, 16:00
I agree with all the above comments. Keep an eye on the schedules because both MAN & EDI BGI flights have been scrapped, this suggests they are trying to free up an A330 for something might be for the ATL flight or they might just send it to MCO. Big emphasis on cash positive routes going forward which is why the LAS flight hasn't returned. I hope Virgin hurry up because I wanna start making plans for spring summer and book something.
#963708 by Weaver33
27 Jan 2022, 23:58
Manchester-Atlanta is once again bookable for the summer. Will be 5 weekly with no flights Wed/Sun. Also on the A332, the leases have been extended.

I feel Virgin have been forced into a decision as airlines have been told they need to use 70% of their slots or face loosing them. Virgin had approximately 55% slot usage at Manchester this summer, so adding back ATL gives them the 70% usage.
#963712 by VS075
28 Jan 2022, 10:56
Weaver33 wrote:Manchester-Atlanta is once again bookable for the summer. Will be 5 weekly with no flights Wed/Sun. Also on the A332, the leases have been extended.

I feel Virgin have been forced into a decision as airlines have been told they need to use 70% of their slots or face loosing them. Virgin had approximately 55% slot usage at Manchester this summer, so adding back ATL gives them the 70% usage.

Good news that MAN-ATL is operating this summer after all. Just checked the VS website and it's indeed bookable as you say.

I know they're like Marmite, particularly in Upper, but it sounds logical to extend the leases on the A330-200s and should tide them over until the neo's arrive. I too suspect the need to use slots has forced their hand.

All that said, the absence of these flights from booking systems for so long without an official word from VS is a poor show. Needless uncertainty is no way to treat customers, particularly loyal ones which this route seems to have in abundance dating back to the DL days.
#963713 by EstelleB
28 Jan 2022, 11:26
I agree with the comment about communications - not the way to treat customers but happy that my flights are actually happening!
Virgin Atlantic