This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#964017 by mitchja
18 May 2024, 13:21
Off to Boston this afternoon for a long weekend. Whilst drive-thru was open, again the Upper Class Wing security is still not open yet.

Priority security was pretty busy with the back of the line reaching the automatic entry gates though it was moving quickly. Took <10mins now that everything is left in bags. You do need to empty pockets though. No random shoe check for me this time.

The Clubhouse is pretty busy but plenty of seats in my usual sitting area in the loft.

Just trying to figure out which A333 will be op’ing the VS11 today. Nothing showing so far. Upper looks almost full as was the seat map on the earlier BOS departure. The flight actually started out being an A339 but switched several weeks ago. The return next week is still an A339 so far.
#964019 by mitchja
18 May 2024, 13:57
Thanks. G-VGEM assigned to the VS11 now with an hour delay as she’s still on her way from LOS.
#964028 by CommanderB
19 May 2024, 01:14
mitchja wrote:Wow, just boarded and it’s the same amazing FSM that flew me to JFK last month :cool:

I must have just missed you! I left on VS141 and funnily enough, I had the same FSM that did my last inbound flight a couple of weeks prior. How coincidental! :cool:
#964065 by chumba
23 May 2024, 08:49
Is the upper class security screening still closed? The previous information was closed until the end of May. Just spoke to FC and the agent "thinks" it may be open but not sure !!!

Am flying Saturday and just need to work out my timings if I have to go to fast track.

Thanks all
Virgin Atlantic