This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#964335 by Miked1e
30 Mar 2022, 14:34
David wrote:Will post a pic when we land. The internet is slow as a week. Mains are Chicken Kiev , Roasted Fillet of Trout and Vegan spiced cauliflower, spinach and lentil pastry pie

Don't worry about posting a pic.... possibly last thing you want to be doing when you land! Go enjoy...

Thanks for sharing the meals.

Hope the experience is good...
#964345 by Miked1e
31 Mar 2022, 15:11
Looks like the new 'sample menu' has been posted on the VS website! Is this what we will see from 1st April?

Starters (choice of)

Served with a selection of warm artisan breads
Hot smoked salmon with beetroot tartare, horseradish cream and
sorrel cress
Grilled asparagus and quail’s egg with chive mayonnaise, rocket and
parmesan salad (v)

Mains (choice of)
Breaded chicken breast filled with garlic truffle butter, potato terrine,
wilted greens and parsley sauce
Garlic and ginger prawns, Thai green curry sauce, sticky rice and bok choi
Fig and goat’s cheese tart with mediterranean vegetables and
romesco sauce (v)

Desserts (choice of)
Passionfruit and chocolate dome with raspberry coulis and coconut
vanilla cream (v)
Warm apple and blackberry crumble with fresh cream (v)
Cheese and Port
Be sure to save some room for cheese and biscuits after pudding
Cheese plate Stilton, vintage red Leicester and goat’s cheese with
damson jelly and crackers
#964346 by Silverflame
31 Mar 2022, 15:24
I surely hope so! i like this one much better than the previous menu, although not a fan of the starters!

the extra bites looks really good too! and you can request these at any time during the flight, after main meal and before landing

Extra Bites
Peckish? Feel free to order one or two of these small plates, available
after your first meal service up until we approach for landing.

Cream tea Warm plain and orange raisin scones with clotted cream,
lemon curd and strawberry jam (v)

Barbecue pulled pork in a toasted brioche bun with lettuce, tomato,
gerkin, raw slaw

Warm crab cakes with mango salsa, and jerk ketchup

Superfood salad (ve) Charred pineapple with quinoa, seaweed salad,
edamame beans and yuzu dressing

Looking forward to trying this menu on 24th April LHR - LAS!
#964347 by buns
31 Mar 2022, 16:46
Not much of a choice >-(

"Garlic or Garlic"

No sign of a plain simple menu and of course no beef!

Definitely a backwards step from the previous menu we had in January (which was far from great)

buns
#964349 by jilly
31 Mar 2022, 18:13
I like this menu much better, didn't have anything bar some cheese on our last flight; in fact I'll find it hard to choose now.

Interesting that the chicken burger is still mentioned on the introductory page but not listed with the extra bites, only thing I don't like is bbq but I'll be happy with the crab cakes so no biggie.

I loved the Argentian red wine on the last wine list but I'm sure I'll cope with the other offererings available.

Jilly
#964350 by David
31 Mar 2022, 18:43
Haha. “Save some space for our cheese selection”

Even Jerry would have turned his nose up at the meagre selection on yesterdays flight. A very poor offering served up with biscuits smaller than a ritz cracker.

B4CB1489-D911-4CE3-B0E1-79BDDF9208C4.jpeg
B4CB1489-D911-4CE3-B0E1-79BDDF9208C4.jpeg (50.7 KiB) Viewed 3448 times

Oh and the buttermilk chicken was one of the slimiest burgers I’ve every had. A poor substitute for previous extra bites.

D0B8EDC5-4E10-4B4D-9546-609613DEDEB6.jpeg
D0B8EDC5-4E10-4B4D-9546-609613DEDEB6.jpeg (14.88 KiB) Viewed 3447 times

David
#964354 by LREDI
31 Mar 2022, 23:43
I suspect VS are looking at the wider UC offering and the 1 April launch may be slightly delayed as they look to get back to 'pre pandemic' by the summer.
#964356 by AlsirAl
01 Apr 2022, 08:46
It might not be to everyone’s ones taste but the new menu looks right up my street (quality permitting of course). We fly SFO later this month so will be sure to take loads of photos for the TR :D
#964358 by deep_south
01 Apr 2022, 10:28
My wife doesn't like garlic, and she doesn't eat cheese, so she isn't happy at all with these choices.

I actually found the buttermilk chicken burger very good, it was the best food on our recent LAX trip....

I am surprised they can't add a fourth "plainer" option....
#964359 by ColOrd
01 Apr 2022, 11:14
I must say the Mac&Cheese that has been on the return flights recently was delicious, it was quite plain.

Sorry that doesn’t help the cheese issue though!
#964447 by flyingfox
06 Apr 2022, 13:57
There’s some lines coming out of VS that mid April they are reintroducing Upper Class Pre Order meals on outbound flights from the UK ;

Passengers flying on outbound flights from Belfast, Edinburgh, Heathrow, and Manchester will be invited to a pre-select platform to pick their menu choices, pre-select option to be made available to passengers flying in Premium by the summer.
#964449 by Miked1e
06 Apr 2022, 15:23
flyingfox wrote:There’s some lines coming out of VS that mid April they are reintroducing Upper Class Pre Order meals on outbound flights from the UK ;

Passengers flying on outbound flights from Belfast, Edinburgh, Heathrow, and Manchester will be invited to a pre-select platform to pick their menu choices, pre-select option to be made available to passengers flying in Premium by the summer.

Is this pre-pandemic standard?

What does this mean for kids meals? We have pre-ordered a meal but do they have options?
#964453 by mikethe3rd
06 Apr 2022, 16:47
flyingfox wrote:There’s some lines coming out of VS that mid April they are reintroducing Upper Class Pre Order meals on outbound flights from the UK ;

Minor words of caution: I always received every VS email - booking confirmations, feedback, the weekly junk, vsflyinghub and the now-extinct email about DTCI... however, for whatever reason, the pre-book meal email would always hit our Spam folders.

Providing it's using the same structure as last time, this would arrive 2.5 / 3 days before departure.
#964455 by flyingfox
06 Apr 2022, 18:19

Official Press Release can now be found here
#964491 by Gooner357
11 Apr 2022, 09:39
I received the Pre-Select email yesterday for our UC flight from LHR to LAS on Wednesday.

However, it appears to be broken at the moment as the page won't load.
Hopefully it's available to use before we fly as we are sat at the back of UC so always likely to be told they have run out of something if we can't pre-order !
#964519 by territt
15 Apr 2022, 16:07
Is the Upper Class Pre Order menu larger than the onboard one or just the same?
#964521 by mitchja
15 Apr 2022, 16:29
territt wrote:Is the Upper Class Pre Order menu larger than the onboard one or just the same?

It's exactly the same and you can only pre-select you main course for the main meal. None of the starters, deserts or anything off the extra bites menu can be pre-ordered.

Pre-ordering should always mean you will get your first choice of main course.
#964843 by Bluebear
13 May 2022, 21:00
Hi
Does anyone know when the UC menu will change next? Flying in July and not that keen on the current choice. Thanks
Virgin Atlantic