This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#964458 by sjcraythorne
07 Apr 2022, 06:33
Hi All,

I vaguely remember one benefits of the paid Virgin Atlantic credit card was free access to onboard internet. Has this benefit been pulled? I can't find any reference to it now?

Thanks, Steve
#964463 by mitchja
07 Apr 2022, 10:52
It works on both the B789's and the A350's. it's only the A333's it doesn't work on as that is a different WiFi provider platform.

You do need to set up, link your Boingo account to your VS M/Card and create a Boingo account before you fly, that can be done here

It can be a real faff though to connect initially sometimes depending on your device. Make sure you disable any ad blocking or other privacy software first (such as Apple Private Relay etc).
#964471 by buns
07 Apr 2022, 15:35
mitchja wrote:It works on both the B789's and the A350's. it's only the A333's it doesn't work on as that is a different WiFi provider platform.

You do need to set up, link your Boingo account to your VS M/Card and create a Boingo account before you fly, that can be done here

It can be a real faff though to connect initially sometimes depending on your device. Make sure you disable any ad blocking or other privacy software first (such as Apple Private Relay etc).


Thank You James

All set up - fingers crossed :cool:

buns
#964493 by Restus
11 Apr 2022, 19:55
I cancelled my VS card in 2019 but my Boingo account has remained active, it worked when I flew VS (789) and AA last month. Also found that I needed to keep logging in throughout the flight.

Not sure if my account's been kept by mistake but I'm not complaining!
#964706 by Always after a deal
02 May 2022, 18:10
Hi I have a Virgin Atlantic Reward + Credit Card and have just been trying to sign up for the Boingo wifi and keep getting the message " Your Mastercard number is not eligible". It does say on the Virgin Atlantic Credit Card website that it is still a perk of the Reward + card. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? Kathleen
#964708 by mitchja
02 May 2022, 18:58
Always after a deal wrote:Hi I have a Virgin Atlantic Reward + Credit Card and have just been trying to sign up for the Boingo wifi and keep getting the message " Your Mastercard number is not eligible". It does say on the Virgin Atlantic Credit Card website that it is still a perk of the Reward + card. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? Kathleen


Is it the correct card? The Reward+ card has a VS aircraft engine design on it. The standard card has a VS aircraft tailfin design on it.
#964846 by jonathanb
14 May 2022, 09:37
I also have the Reward+ card and can't register. Spoke to Virgin Money who told me they have had a number of calls about this and I should contact Boingo . Contacted Boingo and they said only the issuing bank can fix the issue. So I put it in writing To virgin Money and am waiting for a response.

Jonathan
#964855 by Xenon102
15 May 2022, 21:30
I literally have the same exact problem, am a reward+ customer and when registering with boingo get the message I am in not eligible! Been bounced from boingo to Mastercard and back again, so I too put in a written complaint to virgin money which is being investigated. Sounds like this issue is more widespread, would encourage anyone not to bother getting in touch with boingo or Mastercard but to complain to virgin money as well. I put it in writing as when I phoned virgin money, the member of staff clearly had know idea what I was referring to (despite boingo being a clearly advertised account benefit) and advised me to call virgin media if my call was about Wi-Fi!

Making it a complaint also seems to activate a commitment they will take seriously with defined timescales too.
#964857 by Always after a deal
16 May 2022, 10:26
Hi I have also been going around in circles with this, and have also emailed Virgin Money, but don't hold out much hope of a reply.

Interestingly I got this response from Boingo

"Thanks for your email! We're happy to address each of your inquiry further. Our eligibility Website was updated last month to reflect services for certain MasterCard holders whose benefits will be terminated. We recommend calling the number on the back to confirm whether your card is truly eligible."

So I wonder if this perk has been stop for the reward + card.

Kathleen
#964861 by Xenon102
16 May 2022, 19:38
Always after a deal wrote:Hi I have also been going around in circles with this, and have also emailed Virgin Money, but don't hold out much hope of a reply.

Interestingly I got this response from Boingo

"Thanks for your email! We're happy to address each of your inquiry further. Our eligibility Website was updated last month to reflect services for certain MasterCard holders whose benefits will be terminated. We recommend calling the number on the back to confirm whether your card is truly eligible."

So I wonder if this perk has been stop for the reward + card.

Kathleen


It does make you wonder doesn’t it, I bet that’s the answer we’ll get too, the perk has been removed and they haven’t updated their material! They don’t seem to understand what you’re on about when you do ring the number on the back of the card like I did,

As soon as I do get an update from Virgin Money I’ll put it on here.
#964862 by G-VROY
16 May 2022, 20:57
Thanks all.

I had this issue when flying to MIA in March. I wasn't able to register, and just paid the £20 for the flight.

I'd hoped to use this perk on JFK next week, but it seems we still have no answer.

The logic that the perk has been removed would make sense.

Thanks.
#964864 by Always after a deal
16 May 2022, 22:09
Had this reply from Virgin Money today.


"Thank you for your email, I'm sorry to learn you've had to bring your concerns to our attention however I'm glad you have so we could look into this for you. Please be assured, this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and we have had a few emails flagging the same thing therefore I have liaised with the relevant area to explained it should be set up with MasterCard so that customers can just add your card number and it is automatically verified - Virgin Money don't need to do anything. Please be assured, this has been flagged to Virgin Atlantic directly by us as it doesn't appear there is any fault on our end however please be assured, we have flagged it to VAA to ensure this is recitified. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused. "

Not sure what to make of it.

Kathleen
#964880 by Xenon102
17 May 2022, 20:21
Always after a deal wrote:Had this reply from Virgin Money today.


"Thank you for your email, I'm sorry to learn you've had to bring your concerns to our attention however I'm glad you have so we could look into this for you. Please be assured, this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and we have had a few emails flagging the same thing therefore I have liaised with the relevant area to explained it should be set up with MasterCard so that customers can just add your card number and it is automatically verified - Virgin Money don't need to do anything. Please be assured, this has been flagged to Virgin Atlantic directly by us as it doesn't appear there is any fault on our end however please be assured, we have flagged it to VAA to ensure this is recitified. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused. "

Not sure what to make of it.

Kathleen


Thanks for posting your reply, I haven’t had mine yet. It is good to know they’re acknowledging there is a problem and they’re aware of it, but the rectification seems a little woolly!

Fingers crossed it works again soon
#964905 by mrsevy
20 May 2022, 22:51
Always after a deal wrote:Had this reply from Virgin Money today.


"Thank you for your email, I'm sorry to learn you've had to bring your concerns to our attention however I'm glad you have so we could look into this for you. Please be assured, this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and we have had a few emails flagging the same thing therefore I have liaised with the relevant area to explained it should be set up with MasterCard so that customers can just add your card number and it is automatically verified - Virgin Money don't need to do anything. Please be assured, this has been flagged to Virgin Atlantic directly by us as it doesn't appear there is any fault on our end however please be assured, we have flagged it to VAA to ensure this is recitified. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused. "

Not sure what to make of it.

Kathleen


I also have this exact same problem. I guess you haven't had a response yet? I think I am going through the same tracks that you have. I haven't received anything to say this benefit has been withdrawn and as you say, it still says that this is an active benefit on the credit card summary page.
#965088 by Xenon102
18 Jun 2022, 17:44
Well this forum has certainly been much more helpful than virgin money complaints. I’ve now had two letters from them apologising that they haven’t yet investigated my complaint within the 8 week window and how I can take this now to the ombudsman!

However after reading Kathleen’s post above I gave it another try and can confirm I too was able to now register with boingo at long last!
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests

Itinerary Calendar