This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#964909 by tontybear
22 May 2022, 18:22
Several weeks if not months.
#964910 by mikethe3rd
22 May 2022, 22:57
A friend got theirs conditionally approved after 101 days back in March.

A few relatives applied March 8th, so I’ll be able to give you a more up to date timeframe in a few weeks or so.

Have a look on FT, there’s usually threads dedicated to the timeframes etc.
#964911 by Miyamoto Musashi
23 May 2022, 04:08
I had a renewal request sit in queue for 11 months (Submitted 1/21 receieved 1/22). After 8 I called in to DHS and were told the average delay is 8 months.
I would imagine a new request might take longer because of the interview.
#964915 by David
23 May 2022, 08:08
You should get an email saying your status has changed when it happens. Saves you checking every day/week

David
#964916 by OCdreamin
23 May 2022, 08:24
David wrote:You should get an email saying your status has changed when it happens. Saves you checking every day/week

David

On the contrary, the website states the opposite:

'Please remember to revisit our website for your application status updates. Notification of when
you may schedule an interview appointment (if one is needed) will only be posted here.'
#964917 by gumshoe
23 May 2022, 08:49
OCdreamin wrote:
David wrote:You should get an email saying your status has changed when it happens. Saves you checking every day/week

David

'Please remember to revisit our website for your application status updates. Notification of when
you may schedule an interview appointment (if one is needed) will only be posted here.'

It does say that but in my experience you do get an automated email when there’s an update.
#964918 by David
23 May 2022, 08:49
OCdreamin wrote:

David

I certainly got an email saying my status had changed and to visit the website for further details - that was last summer so it may have changed
#964920 by tontybear
23 May 2022, 09:32
Miyamoto Musashi wrote:I would imagine a new request might take longer because of the interview.

There are two stages - from application to conditional approval and then conditional approval to interview.

They aren't linked. You can wait months for CA yet have the interview within weeks if you are able to do Enrolement on Entry and your trip is well timed.
#964921 by Q_Division
23 May 2022, 10:59
Thanks all, that's quite some time. It does seem to make a bit of a "mockery" of you should be planning on travelling in the next 6 months bit though at the start of the application.
Virgin Atlantic