This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#965158 by chumba
29 Jun 2022, 08:53
Thanks for the heads up, have been looking daily for reward seats to AUS for next year and none have appeared as yet, except the odd couple using other airlines and not direct. Will be keeping an eye out around lunchtime :-D
#965171 by chumba
29 Jun 2022, 15:15
2 hrs on the phone and bagged my reward seats, had to split and do 2 of us out in UC, 2 out in PE, then swap for the return 2 in UC and 2 in PE but will be keeping an eye to see if 2 more G's appear between now and March next year.

Agent said she had been busy doing reward bookings as they had changed the allocations from today. And also they had a hew phone system today which was causing long delays on the phone.
#965174 by Louie84x
29 Jun 2022, 15:27
So I initially got through after about 40 mins but then once I gave the details of the flights I wanted to book, she said she needed to transfer me to another team since it was an Upper class flight?

I’ve not had that before, from the auto message I was transferred to a ‘senior trained agent’ Frustratingly that was then another 30 mins on hold to give all the details again from scratch. But all fine and booked in the end!
#965182 by mitchja
29 Jun 2022, 17:18
It's not just VS rewards that have been released today as I've managed to grab some DL reward flight too. Booked the following reward flights today for New Year:

MAN>ATL G (Upper)
ATL>FLL O (DL First)
FLL>JFK O (DL First)
JFK>LHR G (Upper)

It wouldn't book as a multi-city booking, so I've ended up with 3 new bookings (the VS TATL flights and 2 separate DL flight bookings).

The VS bit was booked online and the DL bookings done via online chat (could see them online but couldn't book them). The JFK>FLL bit showed nothing initially and whilst I was booking the ATL>FLL, literally after I'd finished that booking, I thought I'd have another look and hey presto there was availability showing on the FLL>JFK leg on the date I wanted.

No more than a 5 minute wait for both online chats. They can make bookings for you as they will send you to a secure online payment system to take the card payment.
#965186 by CommanderB
29 Jun 2022, 19:18
MoJoJo wrote:Interesting… the new reward seats released today have not appeared in SeatSpy

I don't know how seatspy works under the hood, but they may not have access to said inventory yet.
#965194 by MoJoJo
29 Jun 2022, 21:06
Louie84x wrote:
MoJoJo wrote:Interesting… the new reward seats released today have not appeared in SeatSpy

They have started adding now, I’m getting alerts flooding through!

Yup… me too :cool:
#965197 by sjcraythorne
30 Jun 2022, 06:40
I love the fact that they are adding reward seats, my issue is it's only 2 in UC and PE.

I typically travel in a group of 3. Had a quick look on SeatSpy, and it seems that most days they've stuck to adding 2/2/8 as per the announcement.

Today is the last day I can add the 4x points boost to my summer flight, wondering now if it is worth it, if I won't be able to get 3 seats.
#965198 by VS075
30 Jun 2022, 08:27
sjcraythorne wrote:I love the fact that they are adding reward seats, my issue is it's only 2 in UC and PE.

I typically travel in a group of 3. Had a quick look on SeatSpy, and it seems that most days they've stuck to adding 2/2/8 as per the announcement.

Today is the last day I can add the 4x points boost to my summer flight, wondering now if it is worth it, if I won't be able to get 3 seats.

Some aircraft (e.g. the higher density A350s) only have 16 Upper seats and aircraft allocations can and do change, so VS are probably trying to get the balance right between offering reward seats and selling them for revenue.
Virgin Atlantic