This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#965593 by pearlr
06 Aug 2022, 08:29
Hello All! New member here. This is my first post.

We have a 24 hour layover at LHR and staying at Hilton Garden Inn T2 & T3. We have currently hired Parker Cars for the very short distance from Hilton Garden Inn to VA Upper Class wing. However, I have read some negative reviews and am concerned.
Would greatly appreciate recommendations for a reliable car service.
#965594 by pearlr
06 Aug 2022, 11:35
I am being quoted these prices for pickup / drop off

Heathrow Terminal T3 to Hilton Garden Inn T2 – £139.00
Hilton Garden Inn T2 to Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Wing – £124.00

These are ridiculously high prices for a less than 0.5 mile distance even for 3 passengers + 6 bags

Could someone please recommend a car service / taxi that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg?
#965597 by mikethe3rd
06 Aug 2022, 14:54
Welcome to the forum.

Who is quoting you that fare?! If people actually pay that…

I’d recommend Uber, but their prices also seem a little high. I’m being quoted £28.43. Interestingly, from the Marriott on the Bath Road, it’s only £10, so I’m assuming you’re getting hit by being in the Heathrow bubble.

Personally, I’d walk.
#965598 by jilly
06 Aug 2022, 15:01
pearlr wrote:I am being quoted these prices for pickup / drop off

Heathrow Terminal T3 to Hilton Garden Inn T2 – £139.00
Hilton Garden Inn T2 to Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Wing – £124.00

These are ridiculously high prices for a less than 0.5 mile distance even for 3 passengers + 6 bags

Could someone please recommend a car service / taxi that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg?


I've used Parker cars a few times now and was surprised with your quote. Just checked and your price is from £19.70. A car that takes uo to 8 pax and 6 bags is £27.70
#965600 by pearlr
06 Aug 2022, 20:33
London Heathrow Cars is quoting me this. At first I thought they quoted me for a different address but they confirmed it is for Hilton Garden Inn T2.
We want to check in at the UC Wing for the experience and to avoid long chrvk in : security lines but I can’t imagine paying £134 for a 0.5 mile drive.


mikethe3rd wrote:Welcome to the forum.

Who is quoting you that fare?! If people actually pay that…

I’d recommend Uber, but their prices also seem a little high. I’m being quoted £28.43. Interestingly, from the Marriott on the Bath Road, it’s only £10, so I’m assuming you’re getting hit by being in the Heathrow bubble.

Personally, I’d walk.
#965601 by pearlr
06 Aug 2022, 20:37
Hi jilly,
This quote is by London Heathrow Cars. Have you had a good experience with Parker cars?


jilly wrote:
pearlr wrote:I am being quoted these prices for pickup / drop off

Heathrow Terminal T3 to Hilton Garden Inn T2 – £139.00
Hilton Garden Inn T2 to Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Wing – £124.00

These are ridiculously high prices for a less than 0.5 mile distance even for 3 passengers + 6 bags

Could someone please recommend a car service / taxi that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg?


I've used Parker cars a few times now and was surprised with your quote. Just checked and your price is from £19.70. A car that takes uo to 8 pax and 6 bags is £27.70
#965602 by jilly
06 Aug 2022, 22:52
pearlr wrote:
Hi jilly,
This quote is by London Heathrow Cars. Have you had a good experience with Parker cars?


We used them last November and once again in April (easter so busy time)

First time was for 2 adults, Mercedes Saloon
Easter 2 Ad 2 teens Mercedes again, but a SUV.

Both times I booked online and it was from Premier Inn, Bath Road to Virgin drop off. I got a text when they were on their way and another to say they'd arrived.

We did a cash booking online and paid the driver when he dropped us at the DTCI.

We will be using them again this November. No complaints from me.

Jilly
#965604 by pearlr
07 Aug 2022, 04:19
Thank you for sharing!
jilly wrote:
pearlr wrote:
Hi jilly,
This quote is by London Heathrow Cars. Have you had a good experience with Parker cars?


We used them last November and once again in April (easter so busy time)

First time was for 2 adults, Mercedes Saloon
Easter 2 Ad 2 teens Mercedes again, but a SUV.

Both times I booked online and it was from Premier Inn, Bath Road to Virgin drop off. I got a text when they were on their way and another to say they'd arrived.

We did a cash booking online and paid the driver when he dropped us at the DTCI.

We will be using them again this November. No complaints from me.

Jilly
#965654 by pearlr
10 Aug 2022, 10:25
Happy to report that our experience with Parker Cars was positive both for pick up from airport & drop off at Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Wing.
They did charge us $8.50 in addition to the original quote when they picked us from the airport. These were parking charges for their vehicle. Even with the additional charge, their quote was much lower than the ridiculously high price quoted by London Heathrow Cars.
#965687 by AlsirAl
12 Aug 2022, 22:10
Stayed in same hotel several times and done both the taxi dci method and the “walk”

It’s all traverlators and there’s free trolleys, the actual walking bit is less than you do to get to the club house post security.

I personally say walk it, door to door takes same amount of time, still get to use private security, save £30 or w/e it is for a big taxi (burn some Calories before the mandatory over indulgence of the clubhouse)

If you do go down the Uber route, make sure the driver knows your going virgin upper class check in, and if he looks at you gormlessly then shout at him to get in the left lane when you come round the corner after t2! (We have had 2 Ubers mess this up for us and had to do a “go around”)
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

Itinerary Calendar