This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#965688 by ScoobySu
13 Aug 2022, 08:40
Good morning from LHR!

We Ubered from the Radisson Edwardian to DTCI with our son & his girlfriend for their last but one surprise - their faces in the Upper Class Wing & the Clubhouse were a picture and lots of pics are being taken for the Gram apparently!

Very little queue at security at 6:15 am - the minor hold up was the USA lady in front of us & the confusion over liquid rules as has been alluded to in previous threads.

Service in the Clubhouse is on point - no cloak of invisibility so far & the Redheads are flowing ;-)

So about another hour before boarding starts when son & girlfriend will turn right to PE whilst we turn left before we meet up again at LAX.
#965693 by ScoobySu
13 Aug 2022, 12:47
Quick on board update from a fairly full 787:

Rose is now on board in Upper!
#965695 by Hev60
13 Aug 2022, 18:08
Wow that trip has come around quickly :cool:

Glad all your surprise plans went well and I can imagine their delighted faces at the DTCI and the Clubhouse.
Hope flight is okay and you’re thru LAX speedily. Glad you escaped the need for covid testing, such a trauma when we flew to Florida (in the end) back in April.

You’re just going to miss my son in Las Vegas. His daughter has sprung a surprise wedding on them. He arrives beginning September.

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy yourselves, it’s been a long wait. M
#965697 by ScoobySu
14 Aug 2022, 14:08
Good morning from LA!

Well that was a SUPER flight - in Upper we didn’t notice much difference at all from our last flight in June 2019! The crew were VERY helpful with a little request we had ;-) thanks will be going into Crawley Towers.

Son and girlfriend said the salmon in PE for lunch was very tasty, the pre-select pork meatballs in Upper were a little dry but perfectly edible. Arriving into TBIT took about an hour to clear CBT (as son & girlfriend don’t have Global Entry) but the queue kept moving and all four suitcases were waiting for us when we got to re-claim.

This morning it’s back to LAX for the short hop (on Alaska) to LAS - we’ve already had emails & alerts asking to take a later flight so we’ll be heading back there ASAP to make sure we’re not bumped!

EDIT: Mask compliance is noticeably higher in LA - we masked up through choice whilst walking through LHR & LAX, it’s mandatory in taxis and other lift shares, & when we went to In-n-Out & walked round last night before crashing at 8pm local time there were more masks being worn compared to the UK.
#965698 by Kraken
14 Aug 2022, 16:20
ScoobySu wrote:EDIT: Mask compliance is noticeably higher in LA - we masked up through choice whilst walking through LHR & LAX, it’s mandatory in taxis and other lift shares, & when we went to In-n-Out & walked round last night before crashing at 8pm local time there were more masks being worn compared to the UK.

Firstly, very good to hear you had an enjoyable VS experience in Upper (for you) & PE for the others. It just proves that when you get switched-on staff in the Clubhouse (no hiding away) & a good onboard crew, VS can deliver a solid Upper Class experience.

I can't say I am surprised to read your comments about face-mask compliance in the States. I have generally found that in the main, Americans are fairly law-abiding & comply with signs / rules. Go to a theme park in the USA and compared to a UK one, you will see very little litter. Ditto compliance with designated smoking areas - over here the smokers / vapers often just take the view "I'm outdoors, so it's legal" - whilst this is true more and more places over here have designated smoking areas and compliance is often poor.

I digress.... enjoy "Sin City"!
Virgin Atlantic