This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#966051 by Always after a deal
Yesterday, 09:04
Hi
We flew with Virgin from Heathrow to Washington on the 14th July and one of our suitcases got left behind at Heathrow. We only got it back 3 days after we returned home. Virgin has agreed to pay for our expenses we had, and I have provided them with my bank details to have it paid.

It has now been 14 working since providing the bank details and still no money. Has anyone else had experience of this and how long did it take to get paid.

Kathleen
#966054 by Bluebear
Yesterday, 11:53
Hi

I think you are doing better than I am. We flew LHR-MIA on 20th July and bag was "delayed"(Our Bag was finally decalerd lost) . I submitted my expenses claim 50 days ago and not heard anything - no requests for bank details -

I hope that you get your claim sorted and if you or anyone else has any advice on how to get it moving I would really appreciate it too.
#966061 by Always after a deal
Yesterday, 19:06
Hi
So sorry to hear that you never got your luggage back. We sent our first claim for some rain coats on the 17th July and got a reply requesting bank details on 19th August. We had few questions to ask about the claim, by the time these where answered we gave our bank details on the 2nd September. Have tried emailing a couple of times but have not got a reply.

We also have a claim for flight compensation as our return flight was cancelled on the morning of the flight, we put this claim in on 8th August and have not had confirmation if it will be paid yet.

We have also tried Twitter and we did get a response saying they would chase it, but nothing came of it.

I am not sure if to make a claim on our Travel insurance but presume they will just tell me to make a claim to Virgin for the delay luggage.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kathleen