This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928743 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 20:31
OliByersVirginAtl wrote:Hi there,

I’ve been reading the posts and comments today about our new website as well as the challenges with logging into your Flying Club account and some of the inaccuracies in your account information. Here’s a quick update on the situation.

Over the last 24 hours we have completed an upgrade to our reservation systems as well as Flying Club account systems and we launched our new website and a brand new Virgin Atlantic mobile app. There are plenty of other changes at our end but those are the main ones you’ll notice. We’ve have a few teething problems particularly around Flying Club logins and displaying your account details.

Over the next 72 hours you’ll be receiving an email from us with your new Flying Club membership number. Until then you can login to your account using your existing membership number or the email address you have set up in your Flying Club account. Once you receive your new login number you’ll be able to use that to login to your account as well.

If you login with your old number you’ll actually see your new number in your account details already and can start using it straight away. When you login for the first time on our new website you’ll also notice that we’ve changed some of the security settings. This means you may be prompted to change your password when you try to login. Everyone will be asked to add two answers to two security questions as well.

At the moment we are experiencing some login issues where your existing membership number or email address won’t let you login. We also have spotted some members are having a problem when being asked to set up a new password. We’re actively working on these issues now to correct them.

We’ve also noticed a separate issue where the website is displaying the wrong tier points balance or tier points required to reach the next tier. These are both issues with the website display rather than your account balance and so we’re working now to fix the website issues. Rest assured your balances are correct and we won’t miss crediting you for any miles or tier points that you’ve flown but aren’t yet on your account. It might take us a few days to catch up crediting your accounts after the changes this weekend.

If you’re exploring our new site, we’d love to hear what you think – and if you do experience any technical difficulties, we’d really appreciate if you could take a screen grab and post it here, so we can investigate and get it sorted as quickly as possible. Having real life user screen grabs really helps us alongside all our testers we have working on this.

Thanks for your feedback and patience as we get this fully up and running.

Oli Byers
SVP, Revenue Management & Loyalty

Oli,

Some screen grabs of issues I am facing.

On Safari on a mac when I go to the VS website I get this - which is a little messy and I have to negotiate to the login screen.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.13.48.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.13.48.png (176.6 KiB) Viewed 3344 times

When I log in, I get the perpetual 'choose your security questions' screen. To note, I get this screen if I log into my account or my husband's or my son's. I can log in (with their permission naturally) but each time my account number is in the background (even after clearing cookies). But when I do get in (by choosing new questions) they don't seem to be saved but I am in the appropriate account. You can see my account number on the 'back screen' but I am logging into another account and giving the new choices.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.16.19.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.16.19.png (78.69 KiB) Viewed 3326 times

No matter what account we use (we are on on Macs using Safari), we all get the same sort of 'overlap' and none of the logins retain the security answers. I am never asked to "give" my answers, just to "choose" new ones.

I am flying in 12 days to ANU. I could not log in earlier, on my old FC number, my email or using my eticket or booking reference. When we did get in (via my husband's account) we did manage to gain my new FC number and log in but realised the booking had reference had changed.

With regards the site. There are two issues I do really have. Firstly, the first screen I come to in MMB has a big button under the flight info. It may be me, but each time I log in, I NEARLY always hit that button. It is a CANCEL button. Could this be moved, or at least made smaller.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.22.56.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.22.56.png (104.54 KiB) Viewed 3344 times

The seat selection 'colours' could be a little more different. I am having difficulty on the APP and online to see the vacant and occupied seats in MMB.

Other than that, I'm sure the changes will be a huge step forward.

Thanks.
Last edited by marshy11 on 13 Nov 2016, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
#928744 by inspectorgadjet77
13 Nov 2016, 20:36
OliByersVirginAtl wrote:Hi there,

I’ve been reading the posts and comments today about our new website as well as the challenges with logging into your Flying Club account and some of the inaccuracies in your account information. Here’s a quick update on the situation.

Over the last 24 hours we have completed an upgrade to our reservation systems as well as Flying Club account systems and we launched our new website and a brand new Virgin Atlantic mobile app. There are plenty of other changes at our end but those are the main ones you’ll notice. We’ve have a few teething problems particularly around Flying Club logins and displaying your account details.

Over the next 72 hours you’ll be receiving an email from us with your new Flying Club membership number. Until then you can login to your account using your existing membership number or the email address you have set up in your Flying Club account. Once you receive your new login number you’ll be able to use that to login to your account as well.

If you login with your old number you’ll actually see your new number in your account details already and can start using it straight away. When you login for the first time on our new website you’ll also notice that we’ve changed some of the security settings. This means you may be prompted to change your password when you try to login. Everyone will be asked to add two answers to two security questions as well.

At the moment we are experiencing some login issues where your existing membership number or email address won’t let you login. We also have spotted some members are having a problem when being asked to set up a new password. We’re actively working on these issues now to correct them.

We’ve also noticed a separate issue where the website is displaying the wrong tier points balance or tier points required to reach the next tier. These are both issues with the website display rather than your account balance and so we’re working now to fix the website issues. Rest assured your balances are correct and we won’t miss crediting you for any miles or tier points that you’ve flown but aren’t yet on your account. It might take us a few days to catch up crediting your accounts after the changes this weekend.

If you’re exploring our new site, we’d love to hear what you think – and if you do experience any technical difficulties, we’d really appreciate if you could take a screen grab and post it here, so we can investigate and get it sorted as quickly as possible. Having real life user screen grabs really helps us alongside all our testers we have working on this.

Thanks for your feedback and patience as we get this fully up and running.

Oli Byers
SVP, Revenue Management & Loyalty

As another member mentioned earlier, the "optional" redress number is actually mandatory if you try to put in a known traveller number. I put in a 0 and it let me save my known traveller number.
#928746 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 20:41
And just because I can't work out how to add more than three screenshots, another post.

My view of the seat selection. Just a tad too grey/white for me. A bit like watching France play Scotland in the rugby when they both turn up in the same kit.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.35.50.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 19.35.50.png (105.38 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
#928748 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 21:01
MoJoJo wrote:Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but I'm not liking how easy it is to click the "Cancel flight" button

Oh YES. See my post a few above with screenshot. I have nearly clicked that FOUR times now. Two of those times I have KNOWN it was there but it's just instinct. I am not logging in anymore in case I cancel my holiday. :blush:

cancel.png
cancel.png (96.79 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
#928750 by MoJoJo
13 Nov 2016, 21:07
marshy11 wrote:
MoJoJo wrote:Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but I'm not liking how easy it is to click the "Cancel flight" button

Oh YES. See my post a few above with screenshot. I have nearly clicked that FOUR times now. Two of those times I have KNOWN it was there but it's just instinct. I am not logging in anymore in case I cancel my holiday. :blush:

cancel.png

Yeh, that button is just scary right there!
#928754 by Traveller
13 Nov 2016, 21:21
Managed to get access to my flying club account after many of the problems already posted here. I booked a flight before the changes and yes the booking reference has changed but the e-ticket I have been sent has the old booking reference. I have searched high and low and cannot find the link to resend the e-ticket. Any ideas? like some of the other v-flyers I have managed to switch to the PE cabin on the upper deck, fingers crossed it does not disappear! Apart from the teething problems i think its an improvement that i will soon get used to.
#928755 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 21:26
I don' think the 'Add Contact Details (optional)' bit of online bookings is working as I've tried twice now to fill it in and it's not saving:

VS.jpeg
VS.jpeg (86.19 KiB) Viewed 3280 times

After filling it in and clicking save, I just get 'Sorry, we're unable to complete your request. Please try again later.'

Also I thought the API 'where you are staying in the US' info is mandatory and not optional?
#928756 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 21:28
Traveller wrote:Managed to get access to my flying club account after many of the problems already posted here. I booked a flight before the changes and yes the booking reference has changed but the e-ticket I have been sent has the old booking reference. I have searched high and low and cannot find the link to resend the e-ticket. Any ideas? like some of the other v-flyers I have managed to switch to the PE cabin on the upper deck, fingers crossed it does not disappear! Apart from the teething problems i think its an improvement that i will soon get used to.

I'm sure I found the eticket resend request on the APP but I cannot find it now. It's not on the main site that I can see.
#928757 by Vegascrazy
13 Nov 2016, 21:30
mitchja wrote:I don' think the 'Add Contact Details (optional)' bit of online bookings is working as I've tried twice now to fill it in and it's not saving:

VS.jpeg

Also I thought the APD 'where you are staying in the US' info is mandatory and not optional?

Where do we enter passport details, surely that's mandatory but I can't see anywhere to enter it on my booking?
#928759 by Traveller
13 Nov 2016, 21:35
Traveller wrote:
Managed to get access to my flying club account after many of the problems already posted here. I booked a flight before the changes and yes the booking reference has changed but the e-ticket I have been sent has the old booking reference. I have searched high and low and cannot find the link to resend the e-ticket. Any ideas? like some of the other v-flyers I have managed to switch to the PE cabin on the upper deck, fingers crossed it does not disappear! Apart from the teething problems i think its an improvement that i will soon get used to.

I'm sure I found the eticket resend request on the APP but I cannot find it now. It's not on the main site that I can see.

Thanks for the info, will check out the APP.
#928760 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 21:38
Double checking our seat selections.

Our outbound flight is fine, the return will not allow me to confirm 8A even though it shows that I have 8A selected. I reselect the seat and it asks me to confirm I want to cancel the seat (?) but no matter what I do, that seat won't confirm to me even though it says it has.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.34.28.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.34.28.png (51.31 KiB) Viewed 3257 times

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.41.15.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.41.15.png (16.64 KiB) Viewed 3242 times

It's the last vacant seat in the cabin and I've had it selected since booking 11 months ago.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.39.42.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.39.42.png (94.18 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Last edited by marshy11 on 13 Nov 2016, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
#928761 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 21:43
Vegascrazy wrote:
Where do we enter passport details, surely that's mandatory but I can't see anywhere to enter it on my booking?

There's a new section within your Flying Club account 'Profile' section to enter your passport details as well as secure flight info (Redress / Known Traveller number) but like you say, there's nothing in existing bookings anymore for passport info?
#928762 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 21:47
And sorry, another glitch I only noticed when I added a screenshot of our return cabin seating showing the whole cabin and not just the seats we had selected (7A and 8A).

My OH has selected 7A. But where is it? :) Or is the numbers that are missing?

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.39.42.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.39.42.png (94.18 KiB) Viewed 3235 times
#928763 by NYLON
13 Nov 2016, 21:50
OliByersVirginAtl wrote:Thanks for your feedback and patience as we get this fully up and running.

Hi Oli,

Thanks for checking-in (forgive the pun)! I think some of these might have been mentioned earlier, but:

1) The years consecutive gold member number is wrong. In my case it's displaying 1 instead of 8.

2) Please can you put the Tier Expiry date somewhere obvious? At the moment I have to find and then click on view your digital membership card.

3) With existing bookings (Future Flights/Manage This Booking) it would be great to see what the Tier Point, mileage, and and bonus mileage (depending on Flying Club status) earning will be for each sector.

4) Similarly, when booking a flight it would be very useful to see what the Tier Point, mileage, and and bonus mileage (depending on Flying Club status) earning will be for each sector.

5) Add to Google Calendar is yielding this error:

400. That’s an error.

Error: origin_mismatch

Request Details
proxy=oauth2relay519066367
immediate=false
scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar
origin=https://www.virginatlantic.com
response_type=token
redirect_uri=postmessage
state=686257981|0.601196281
client_id=249855341889-q1mjc3b4fv9qvd25qvh3n92fjb19epu2.apps.googleusercontent.com
include_granted_scopes=true
jsh=m;/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k=oz.gapi.en_GB.Nl5KEsbT54s.O/m=__features__/am=AQ/rt=j/d=1/rs=AGLTcCN6yVAMo8Wp6kfpFGdMu0dVEGiw6A
gsiwebsdk=1
That’s all we know.

Thanks!

NYLON
#928764 by Silver Fox
13 Nov 2016, 21:52
Traveller wrote:Traveller wrote:

Thanks for the info, will check out the APP.

Go to Manage my booking, select the flight, look to the right of the booking and it says View Receipt, if you go in there you can share it with yourself. The old "send e-ticket" I cannot find.
#928766 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 22:51
Oli - the new site does look great.

But ... bugs I've found include:

When trying to book flights on my iPad, I can select route & date but when I try to move on to the next page it brings this up then crashes.

image.png
image.png (83.06 KiB) Viewed 3133 times

There was no such problem on the iPhone although right now (10.30pm) I'm getting this when I try to select a flight from the list:

image.png
image.png (92.53 KiB) Viewed 3076 times

And .... this is what I get when clicking on the Shops Away link (which in itself is very hard to find, it's no longer linked directly from my FC account page but is buried away in the Buy, Gift or Transfer Miles page).

image.png
image.png (311.94 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

And .... on the iPad at least, EVERY time I log in to FC I have to choose the security questions again.

And .... not that it's a big deal as VS isn't part of TSA Pre+ (yet ... here's hoping!), but you can't enter a Known Traveller number under Profile unless you also enter a Redress number (although entering 0 as your Redress number seems to get round that).

And .... when entering US address details for an upcoming flight, when I try to save them I get "Sorry, we're unable to complete your request. Please try again later."
Last edited by gumshoe on 13 Nov 2016, 23:43, edited 8 times in total.
#928767 by pjh
13 Nov 2016, 22:53
marshy11 wrote:Double checking our seat selections.

Our outbound flight is fine, the return will not allow me to confirm 8A even though it shows that I have 8A selected. I reselect the seat and it asks me to confirm I want to cancel the seat (?) but no matter what I do, that seat won't confirm to me even though it says it has.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.34.28.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.41.15.png
n

I've seen that too, for the return flight only when going through the website on Safari. If I use the app on my iPhone, the seat is shown as allocated to the booking.
#928768 by LucyLu
13 Nov 2016, 23:19
I am unable to enter contact details or emergency contacts for an upcoming flight. Despite re-entering my email it says I haven't done so, and for emergency contacts I just can't enter anything....
Only good thing I can see on the new website is that my seat allocations are still there. The new seat map is horrible.
#928769 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 23:21
One thing I've have liked to have seen (and again BA are ahead of VS on this as they already offer it) is the option to pay using ApplePay when using iOS or MacOS devices.

Also, this was mentioned ages ago too but how about being able to add your FC card to Apple Wallet as well? I presume VS still offer Passbook/Wallet boarding passes?
#928770 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 23:35
Here's an example of the rogue seat rows that seem to have infiltrated the seat maps. This example from the 747 upper deck although someone else mentioned a similar issue with the 787:

image.png
image.png (204.24 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
#928776 by EmmaPeel007
14 Nov 2016, 03:45
Hi Oli,

First off, as the wife of a former community manager for mobile games thanks so much for hopping on the boards. I know how stressful it can be.

I don't know if this is linked to the new site or membership number, but when I logged in today I found that our booking reference number has completely changed. Our seats are still confirmed and everything else looks the same, its just the booking reference number.

Also - tried clicking on the Miles booster link and for this warning:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from obuat.accelerate.points.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

Good luck with the rest of the roll-out.

Best,
Jamie
#928785 by AndyM4
14 Nov 2016, 10:47
So,
No app for windows phones.
Directed to mobile site.
"sorry, we cant display things on a small screen, please goto web site"
Website is not a mobile site so nothing works.

Back to lugging the laptop about the place.

Excellent!
Virgin Atlantic