This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#1140 by db1
07 May 2004, 22:25
Reading other peoples opinions of VS on the net especially airliners.net - i cannot understand how all these people have had such bad experiences when traveling with VS.

I've flown with them loads of times never had a 'bad' experience, don't know if its just me as i'm not a fussy person -

when newbies first fly with VS do they just have such high expectations that they just set themselves up for a disappointment - after all we all know VS is in it to make money - i am sure people think this is an alien concept - for some reason they expect BA to be in it for profit but for some reason VS should be above all that money making nonsense! Virgin a victim of it's own successful image i think.

I swear some of these people on ailiners.net expect as soon as they push there F/A call button that all F/A's drop everything and come running to serve them, all racing down the aisles fighing each other to get there first.

I suppose everyone's entitled to their own opinions but it just infuriates me when people just VS bash for no reason.
#31139 by jonathan020
07 May 2004, 22:33
I find a lot of people generally have too high an expectation of most things not just on airlines! I think people believe sometimes they are the only person on the plane and think they are the only ones who have spent £400 on a ticket!

Oh well, thats my people bashing over ;-)
#31140 by anteo
07 May 2004, 23:12
quote:
I think people believe sometimes they are the only person on the plane and think they are the only ones who have spent £400 on a ticket!

Well to look at the flip side of that, £400 to some people is alot of money and they might think that for that amount they deserve better?
#31151 by Wolves27
08 May 2004, 11:21
I've flown with VS lots of times and have only had bad service once, its wasn't exactly bad, just slow. Took the Cabin Crew 30 minutes to respond to my flashing light in Economy. I upgraded on the way back!

Generally have had very good service and nice big measures of drinks.

Dean
#31164 by mcuth
08 May 2004, 14:21
db1

I wonder if VS' reputation is too good (if that's possible) and sets expectations too high? Like you, I'm not a particularly fussy person, and I don't honestly recall having a bad experience when flying with them. Mind, I've never pressed the 'call' button either :D

Cheers

Michael
#31172 by mitchja
08 May 2004, 15:13
VS have completley re-written the rule book when it comes to air travel. It's worth remembering that VS have had, and I have no doubt will continue to come up with, countless 'firsts' for airline travel, which the other airlines have had to introduce to keep up.

All of us, no matter which airline we choose to fly on or which cabin we sit in, now demand more and more for our air fare, especially on long-haul routes.

Over the last few years many people, myself included, now see the flight as a far more important part of a trip, especially now for long-haul leisure travel.

As long as VS can continue to set the standards for airline travel (which I beleive they can do) and continue to offer their great service to all pax, VS will maintain their position and people will contiue to choose VS over other airlines.

What also comes across when travelling with VS is that it's very clear that VS look after all of their staff and treat them very well. After all happy staff = happy customers.

IMHO VS is also one of the few airlines that listens to and learns from their passengers. If something does go wrong, they will do their very best to put things right and try and learn from it.

Regards
#31202 by miopyk
08 May 2004, 21:40
I agree with all the above. I do not consider myself to be fussy but if a company says they will provide a level of service or functionality, that is what I expect. Of course if they fail to meet that expectation I'm bound to feel disapointed. On this point, I've been flying with AA for the last few years simply because they offer more room at the back. But in my experiance, while not bad, the service can't touch VS not even in Business Class (Cheapo upgrade to LAX in Feb). Now that some of the offspring costs have left the roost we can afford PE and soon UC. So we're back with VS for the first time in two years. I hope the wait is worth it :)
#31204 by jonathan020
08 May 2004, 22:15
quote:Originally posted by miopyk
On this point, I've been flying with AA for the last few years simply because they offer more room at the back. But in my experiance, while not bad, the service can't touch VS not even in Business Class (Cheapo upgrade to LAX in Feb).

I agree... AA's room in economy puts every other airline to shame but as far as service goes.... its Virgin everytime!
Virgin Atlantic