This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#240 by vsdan
09 Feb 2004, 22:06
I am flying with Virgin in a weeks time, never been longhaul before. Looking on Virgin Flyer, I will probably get Odyssey or V.Port :D (I am sceduled to fly on a 744, Economy). However, just incase I get Arcadia, or if one of the Gatwick aircraft use my route (with all the LHR refits going on!) is the Arcadia and Nova systems and the seating of these aircraft adequate. Looking at pictures and reviews, people say that the Arcadia screens are tiny! Also, Nova only has 1 TV channel, or so I read! However, is everything OK, and if I get an Arcadia or Nova plane, will flying Virgin still be fun.?

Thanks

PS. Although we are flying from Heathrow, there is a 5% chance we will get a LGW plane! Not much, I know, but still possible. Thanks.
#25636 by RichardMannion
09 Feb 2004, 22:34
Arcadia - Smallish screens as these date backa bit. The picture size is okay to watch.

Nova screens are larger than Arcadia - they are definitely watchable. There will be a selection of movies showing - you can find out on the VS website here:
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/entertai ... ?routeId=1

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/flying_w ... nt.view.do

IFE is just one part of the flight, even if you do get one of the older systems you should still have a good, fun flight. People choose VS for the IFe, as many other airlines offerings fail miserably in comparison.

Enjoy your flight. May see you there myself if you are flying on Friday evening.

Thanks,
Richard
#25690 by keswick1uk
11 Feb 2004, 13:38
What entertainment system am I likely to get on a Gatwick Flight to Orlando?

Reading the holiday brochure you would think the fuller entertainment systems 'more likely than not', but the more I read about what we will actually get is probably going to be very different!

To be honest, I don't mind, so long as all four of our family screens work and I have a bit of choice. However, a friend who is flying with us, has told her boy there are nintendo games on the plane and I'm a bit afraid that he is going to be seriously disappointed.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
#25694 by mcuth
11 Feb 2004, 15:22
keswick1uk
quote:What entertainment system am I likely to get on a Gatwick Flight to Orlando?

Check out your flight number at http://www.virginflyer.com/chance.asp. More than likely to be Nova (http://www.virginflyer.com/entertainment.asp) - no games on that one (I'm doing LGW > MCO in 4 weeks) [:(]

Cheers

Michael

--
Virgin virgin? Try it, you know you wanna :D
#25698 by keswick1uk
11 Feb 2004, 18:30
Cheers, I hadn't seen the chances page. 100% Nova! Pretty slim chance of anything else. At least I can drop the Mum a hint.

I'm going in 4 weeks too; 4 weeks Monday just past.
#25705 by mcuth
12 Feb 2004, 00:13
keswick1uk
quote:Cheers, I hadn't seen the chances page. 100% Nova! Pretty slim chance of anything else. At least I can drop the Mum a hint.

Yeah, it's unfortunate - even at 31, I like to play video games :D

quote:I'm going in 4 weeks too; 4 weeks Monday just past.

Ah, mine's 4 weeks Monday coming - start of a 3 week work/conference/holiday trip (LGW>MCO>SLC>SMF>SLC>JFK>LHR :D).

Cheers

Michael

--
#25706 by candyman
12 Feb 2004, 00:18
hi im going lgw-mco but in uc
do they still have just the nove system it looks very limited
would they have the hand held dvd's witjh other movies availiable there
not traveling till november but looks like it will still be the same system to me

steve

steve w hickling
#25709 by mcuth
12 Feb 2004, 00:31
Steve
quote:hi im going lgw-mco but in uc
do they still have just the nove system it looks very limited
would they have the hand held dvd's witjh other movies availiable there

Not sure about UC - only done this trip in PE (upstairs is all PE), and never got a good look at UC. I doubt they'd give you a portable DVD unless your IFE didn't work for some reason.

Cheers

Michael

--
Virgin Atlantic