This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#259619 by mitchja
18 Jun 2009, 10:54
Just thought I share with you this info.

I'm off to JFK tomorrow on VS and for the first time ever (!!) I've booked a thru-ticket all the way from MAN to JFK via LHR using BMI for the domestic flights (all flights booked via VS and VS e-ticketed)

I wasn't sure how or even if I could check-in online for the MAN>LHR bit.

Having previously tried searching the BMI website using the VS booking ref nothing was ever found (which makes sense as it's a VS booking not a BMI one)

Tried using the VS website to check-in for the domestic bits - no go there.

As a last thought, I tried using the online check-in section of the BMI website (again entering the VS booking ref and my last name) - Hey Presto it found my booking and I was able to check-in [:D]

It even allows seat selection too, not that I need to change as it's very kindly allocated me row 1 anyway [:)]

Just a shame O2 are taking so long to set-up MMS for iPhone users (I can send but can't receive them yet) as you can go paper-free with BMI on several routes and have your boarding pass sent to a mobile as a MMS message. Apparently there's a very large back log in the O2 MMS provisioning department at the moment [:w]

Next quest - to try and blag my way into the BMI lounge using my BMI DC AU card even though my VS FC number is on this booking!!

Regards