This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#264 by infrequentflyer
14 Feb 2004, 19:27
I am a new member of the v flying club, I have seen that I can claim miles for staying in partner hotels.
I have not booked my hotels direct but through another company, can I still claim the miles?
#25783 by Bazz
14 Feb 2004, 20:24
Hi infrequentflyer and welcome,

If you are staying in a FF mile earning partner hotel you should present your FC Card at reception and ensure it is noted on your reservation. Generally they will be in touch with FC to credit your miles. Sometimes this can take quite a while and you may need to make a few phone calls to jolly things along. It varies from chain to chain and even from hotel to hotel.

Most important:

1. Make sure your Virgin FC Membership number is noted in the Hotels system.

2. Keep a copy of the receipt (or the original) so you can prove your stay if problems arise.

3. Enjoy your stay!

4. Enjoy VirginFlyer ;)

Bazz
Still Flying
#25798 by anteo
15 Feb 2004, 15:48
quote:
"Sometimes this can take quite a while"

I stayed at the Birmingham Copthorne on 3 Jan 2003 and my FC number was accepted etc... Then I forgot all about it until I recieved a statement at christmas, which I thought was odd. The miles were posted on 8 Dec!!! :D
(Cant complain cos I got 750 bonus miles as well ;))