This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960829 by ScoobySu
11 May 2021, 16:01
mitchja wrote:I finally got access to my digital medial records. My surgery sent me a letter with the link ID and passcode required in the Patient Access website/app.

All now accessible via the Patient Access platform including my COVID vaccine info (only had my 1st one so far, 2nd due July 8).

My GP unfortunately doesn't support Patient Access so I'll report back on the NHS app after I've had my second dose in June if nobody beats me to it!
#960835 by GavinJ
11 May 2021, 18:17
The NHS app should be updated by next Monday and the Covid vaccine bit is independent of records access (i.e. you won't need to have activated record access to see vaccination status)
There is a bit of discussion on the health IT lists about whether you will have to have network access to show the status. Not got an answer to that yet but clearly could be a bit of an issue in the immigration hall.
#960840 by mitchja
12 May 2021, 09:38
My June 1st SFO booking has now been converted to an open booking as I requested. I filled in the online form to request this over the weekend. Noticed it had been done yesterday although the holding date of the booking online is only showing as Aug 31st 2021. VS have confirmed that is nothing more than a holding date and I can use this ticket anytime upto 30th April 2023.

I've kept the booking reference and ticket number as you do need both those to rebook.

Be careful as well as the email I received from VS about this open booking conversion ended up in my junk / spam folder using iOS & Mac Mail.
#960842 by flyingfox
12 May 2021, 17:17
VS have launched a microsite with various covid testing packages available;

https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/virgin/

Edit to add some marketing blurb from VS Trade;

As the skies reopen we’re ready to ensure that we protect public health and enable our mutual customers to book and travel smoothly with confidence.

Virgin Atlantic, in partnership with Prenetics, will help remove the guesswork from travel this summer by offering innovative and convenient Covid-19 testing ‘Green’ and ‘Amber’ bundles and individual tests delivered to our customer’s door. This exciting partnership gives customers easy and convenient access to the necessary testing for Virgin Atlantic destinations, where at home tests are accepted.

Each bundle is based on the UK Government’s risk-based travel traffic light system for arrivals to England, starting currently from £152 for a ‘green’ country (and £130 when the list is expanded and rapid antigen is a destination’s pre-departure requirement) and £179 for an ‘amber’ country. Individual PCR tests will start from £55, with results within 24 hours of receipt at lab.
Last edited by flyingfox on 13 May 2021, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
#960848 by Fuzzy14
14 May 2021, 12:01
Just to say thanks again to the users of this wonderful website, I have been lurking here since 2012 and you've always been great. I've now cancelled for a 3rd time my forthcoming holiday with no issues from any of the parties, the end of June looks to be just a little too soon and I don't think this Indian variant will help. My DVC points up for sale, villa guy has graciously moved the booking to next year, ADT offered full cancellation on park tickets however as a thank you we've kept the deposit with them and will use it next year. Virgin currently quoting £5500 for the 5 of us (ouch) MAN-MCO so will wait to see if Glasgow flights make a comeback in 2022.
#960851 by mikethe3rd
14 May 2021, 14:33
I was inadvertently placed into Group 6 and managed to get a vaccine back in February even though I'm 35 with no underlying health conditions. I called the GP and they even said I shouldn't be getting it, but it was more hassle for them to cancel.

Well, the NHS app has at least explained why I'm in Group 6... 160kg instead of 160lbs!
#960852 by flyingfox
14 May 2021, 16:36
Update from VS Trade;

There continues to be ongoing disruption to travel following the national lockdown in the UK and travel restrictions to and from many of the countries we operate to.

As a result of the dynamic and fast-moving travel environment, we continue to make schedule changes which will affect our Flying Programme for the coming weeks.
We are reducing frequencies on several routes and to ensure impacted passengers can continue with their travel plans, they will be reprotected to the most suitable alternative departure.
Where a flight is cancelled, and to due limited operations to these destinations, there will be no reprotection option available.

We’re continually reviewing our flying programme and holiday schedules and in response to the ongoing impact of Covid-19 restrictions, we have taken the difficult decision to delay the restart of some of our services. These include London Heathrow to Cape Town and Las Vegas and Manchester to Atlanta, New York and Los Angeles. We will also be delaying the launch of our new service from London Heathrow to St Vincent. We remain committed to launching our St Vincent route, with flights now starting on 13 October 2021.

The following flights are cancelled:
Cancellations. Effective Until and including

Caribbean
ANU-SVD-ANU 12 October
USA
LHR-LAS-LHR 30 June
MAN-LAX-MAN 30 June
MAN-ATL-MAN 30 June
MAN-JFK-MAN 19 June
China
LHR-PVG-LHR 1 June
South Africa
LHR-CPT-LHR 5 June
LHR-JNB-LHR 2 June
Pakistan
MAN-ISB-MAN 2 June

We are also making some frequency updates for May, June and July on selected routes.

During May we plan to maintain operations on the following routes, subject to late changes:

Operating. Frequency

Caribbean
LHR-BGI-LHR 2 per week
LHR-MBJ-LHR 18-31 May, 3 per week

USA
LHR-ATL-LHR 3 per week
LHR-BOS-LHR 1 per week
LHR-JFK-LHR 7 per week
LHR-LAX-LHR 5 per week
LHR-MIA-LHR 1 per week
India
BOM-LHR only 1-19 May, 2 per week/20-31 May, 3 per week
LHR-DEL 1 flight on 17 May
DEL-LHR 1-17 May, 3 per week/19-31 May, 2 per week
Pakistan
LHR-LHE-LHR 3 per week
LHR-ISB-LHR 3 per week
Hong Kong HKG-LHR only 3 per week
Nigeria LHR-LOS-LHR 7 per week
Israel LHR-TLV-LHR 4 per week
#960856 by Hev60
14 May 2021, 21:09
flyingfox wrote:Noticed an update to the NHS App today with a new link through to your Covid 19 record, you don’t need to further log into your GP record to see the link.

Thanks for that info “Flyingfox” and in fact all your updates regarding VS future flight info.

I’m lucky enough to have received both Covid vaccinations and like you said, they are now listed on the NHS app so no need to contact those ‘busy’ GP surgeries! When the day does finally arrives allowing tourist travelling, at least we’ll all be set up from now on.
#960864 by mitchja
15 May 2021, 12:06
According to another online forum, the COVID-19 vaccination info now showing in the NHS app is only part of the full package which will launch next week.

Apparently, once you have had both vaccinations and approx 7 days after having the second jab, a full COVID-19 vaccination certificate will be visible in the app.
#960872 by 15isto2
16 May 2021, 12:10
mitchja wrote:According to another online forum, the COVID-19 vaccination info now showing in the NHS app is only part of the full package which will launch next week.

Apparently, once you have had both vaccinations and approx 7 days after having the second jab, a full COVID-19 vaccination certificate will be visible in the app.

Great news, I cant wait for the full package.....oh matron!
#960881 by jilly
17 May 2021, 20:27
ian448 wrote:Jilly, did u have to run an update for the app to show the qr code ?

No it appeared overnight on the first page. As mentioned it does also say Expires Jun 21 - I did ask my son who's a web designer/software engineer and he seemed to think that was for security purposes and would update.

He also was surprised that the code wasn't animated but when you download it it does put the QR code together with full personal details.

Jilly
#960888 by CHill710
19 May 2021, 14:31
allenby wrote:vaccine status not showing in systmonline, via browser.

is this only available on the app?

Thanks

This is the NHS app (the one for
Booking GP appointments) and is separate to other apps such as systmonline myGP or AirMid
#960925 by flyingfox
21 May 2021, 16:40
Weekly update from VS Trade;

The following flights are cancelled:

Cancellations. Effective Until and including

USA
LHR-IAD-LHR 31 July
LHR-SEA-LHR 9 June
LHR-SFO-LHR 9 June

Edit to add that not all flights to PVG are cancelled and customers should check with VS
China
LHR-PVG-LHR 31 July

India
LHR-BOM 29 June
LHR-DEL 1 July

South Africa
LHR-JNB-LHR 9 June

Pakistan
MAN-ISB-MAN 19 June

We will provide schedules for June and July as soon as details become available and will continue to keep our website up to date with all the latest updates to schedule and travel restrictions.
Last edited by flyingfox on 24 May 2021, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
#960933 by Bobby_Ham
22 May 2021, 08:53
I suspect that VS aren't expecting the US to be open for business any time soon. Our return flight on VS8 from LAX at the end of July has been cancelled and we've been put on the 24 that's currently operating as a freighter. On the plus side its enough of a change to trigger a refund if we want one but it's a shame that it doesn't look like we'll be going.
Virgin Atlantic