This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962174 by Mark-in-MK
02 Oct 2021, 12:08
My LHR - MCO flights on 8/11 and return on 21/11 have both been moved to an earlier flight on the same day this morning. We were on the later ones, but it looks like there will only be 1 flight a day now, and we are depart out at 10.00 instead of 13.25 and returning at 17.40 instead of 20.50.

Just relieved the email wasn't a cancellation, which is what I feared when I saw it arrive.
#962181 by OCdreamin
02 Oct 2021, 14:16
Many changes happening apparently. Our flight VS7 LHR > LAX on 12/12 retimed, unfortunately now with B787 iso A350, ditto VS8 return on 04/01.
Disappointed we will miss out on better UC seats & experience of the A350.

I guess they are allocating A350s where they are seeing or expecting greatest demand around the Christmas travel period, across all cabins.
#962188 by mitchja
02 Oct 2021, 17:44
I’ve still got a messed up MAN>FLL booking for Nov 10th. VS moved me from the ATL flight onto the JFK flight from/to MAN but my connecting DL flights are still both showing as being from/to ATL!

Been like this for well over a week now so I’ve WhatsApp’d VS to see if they can sort it as it’s only just over a month away.

Whilst my other FLL flight over the New Year departing Dec 28th has had a minor schedule change, that is still via ATL both ways.

Nothing changed so far for my NAS flights.
#962189 by ColOrd
02 Oct 2021, 20:05
My LHR-LAX has just had a minor schedule change but my return LAS-LHR looks to have been cancelled. Got through to VH in seconds but they didn’t know what was going on advised to wait till after VS have made the rest of their changes this weekend!
#962190 by Murraymint
02 Oct 2021, 20:15
Similar slight timing changes for me on my LHR-MIA and MCO-LHR in Feb 22. I have BA flights from Cyprus to get to LHR and back - outbound not a problem as staying overnight at LHR anyway but inbound now means an all day wait at LHR before the Cyprus flight. Not sure whether to try and change that flight to an earlier one in case VS changes again.
#962209 by 747G-VXLG
03 Oct 2021, 23:41
Update on MAN winter flights shared by spd_travels on Twitter:

Atlanta 3 weekly from 2nd Dec - B789/A333
New York daily from 8th Nov - B789/A333
Orlando daily from 7th Nov - A333
Barbados up to 5 weekly from 6th Nov - B789/A333
Islamabad 4 weekly from 8th Oct - B789/A333

Subject to change

Therefore, there will be 2 A333s and 2 B789s based at MAN this winter with one of the A333s being shared with EDI for the EDI-BGI route.
#962220 by VS075
04 Oct 2021, 12:04
VIR75L wrote:
Weaver33 wrote:The dates listed for MAN are the dates listed in GDS for their recommencement, apart from BGI which is already operating, so that date is just the increase in frequency date.

Thank you.

It wouldn't surprise me if these re-launches save for BGI and ISB are dependent on the US border reopening before/on those dates. I don't think they've announced yet when in November the borders will open.
#962252 by flyingfox
07 Oct 2021, 12:30
Update from VS Trade ;

VSbulletin COVID-19 Ongoing Travel Disruption - 7 October 2021

It remains a dynamic time for international travel and we’re continually reviewing our flying schedules in response to the ongoing impact of Covid-19 and any restrictions in the destinations we fly to. We hope to be back to a full flying programme as soon as we can.

Following the confirmed opening of US borders for fully vaccinated international visitors from November, we’ve adjusted some of our US schedules. In order to provide sufficient time to ensure operational readiness and as a result of wider network changes, we’ve cancelled further Seattle services. We remain committed to this route and look forward to returning to this city in 2022.

We apologise to any customers affected by a rescheduling or cancellation.

As a result of the fast-moving travel environment, we continue to make schedule changes which will affect our Flying Programme for the coming weeks.
We are reducing frequencies on several routes, however to ensure impacted passengers can continue with their travel plans, they will be reprotected to the most suitable alternative departure.
Where a flight is cancelled, and due to limited operations to these destinations, there will be no reprotection option available.

Bookings affected by these changes will be updated on Saturday 9 October 2021.

Cancellations
Effective until & including

USA
MAN-JFK 6 Nov 2021
LHR-SEA 28 Feb 2022
LHR-LAS 7 Nov 2021

We are also making some frequency updates on selected routes. We will continue to keep our website up to date with all the latest updates to schedule and travel restrictions.

During October we plan to maintain operations on the following routes, subject to late changes:

Our flying programme
USA
LHR-ATL-LHR 7 per week
LHR-BOS-LHR 4 per week
LHR-JFK-LHR 4-10 Oct, 17 per week/11-17 Oct, 16 per week/18-31 Oct, 18 per week
LHR-LAX-LHR 11 per week
LHR-MIA-LHR 4 per week
LHR-SFO-LHR 5-17 Oct, 3 per week/18-31 Oct, 4 per week

Caribbean
LHR-BGI-LHR 7 per week
LHR-MBJ-LHR 3 per week
LHR-ANU-LHR 3 per week
LHR-GND-LHR (via BGI)2 per week
LHR-SVD-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week from 13 Oct
MAN-BGI-MAN 3 per week

South Africa
LHR-JNB-LHR 3 per week

India
LHR-BOM-LHR 7 per week
LHR-DEL-LHR 7 per week

Pakistan
LHR-LHE-LHR 2 per week
LHR-ISB-LHR 4-9 Oct, 3 per week/13-30 Oct, 2 per week
MAN-ISB-MAN 4 per week from 8 Oct

Hong Kong
LHR-HKG 2 per week
HKG-LHR 1-10 Oct, 11 per week/11-31 Oct, 7 per week

China
LHR-PVG-LHR 1 per week from 31 Oct

Nigeria
LHR-LOS-LHR 7 per week

Israel
LHR-TLV-LHR 7 per week

Our partners are also back in the skies, and here's a reminder of where they are flying long-haul from the UK in October.

Our partner Delta Air Lines flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR Daily
LHR-JFK-LHR 1-19 Oct, Daily/20-31 Oct, 10 per week
LHR-DTW-LHR 3 per week from 18 Oct
#962253 by ColOrd
07 Oct 2021, 12:56
Interesting in the preamble there is no mention about IAD now still being a city they are committed to! Is this being quietly dropped?
#962257 by flyingfox
07 Oct 2021, 16:58
Further update from VS ; Travel to England

Current Virgin Atlantic Red List by route
The following countries served by Virgin Atlantic Airways are on the Red List:
Cuba, South Africa and Trinidad & Tobago.
**effective Monday 4am 11th October these routes are no longer on Englands Red List

4 Oct 2021 - New rules for international travel
From 04:00 on Monday 4 October 2021, the rules for international travel to England have changed from the red, amber, green ‘traffic light system’ to a single red list of countries and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world. More information is available via the UK Government Website
The rules for travel from countries and territories not on the red list will depend on your vaccination status.

Non-Red list country arrivals in to the UK:
Fully vaccinated customers
If a customer is fully vaccinated through an approved vaccination programme, they’ll need to take these three steps before flying to England. To understand what makes them eligible for fully vaccinated status, please check GOV.UK here

Book and pay for a day 2 PCR COVID-19 test* – to be taken after arrival in England.
Complete a Passenger Locator form any time in the 48 hours before they arrive in England
Take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after they arrive in England *(This will be replaced by a lateral flow test for fully vaccinated passenger arrivals from late October (date TBC)

If they’re fully vaccinated, they will not need to take a pre-departure test; day 8 COVID-19 test or quarantine upon arrival.

Unvaccinated customers:
If customers do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules; are partially vaccinated; or are not vaccinated at all, they will be subject to more stringent requirements. Before they travel to England they must:

Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before they travel to England
Book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 tests – to be taken after arrival in England
Complete a Passenger Locator Form – any time in the 48 hours before they arrive in England
After customers arrive in England, they must:
Quarantine at home or in the place they are staying for 10 days
Take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
Customers may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the Test to Release scheme.test to release scheme for unvaccinated passengers

Red list country arrivals in to the UK:
Iirrespective of vaccination status, customers who have been in a Red list country in the last 10 days will only be allowed to enter the UK if they are a British or Irish national or have residence rights in the UK.
Before customers travel to England, they must:
Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before they travel to England
Book a quarantine hotel package, including 2 COVID-19 tests. Book as early as possible to ensure availability, as customers won’t be permitted entry to England without proof of a confirmed quarantine package booking.
Complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before they arrive in England
If customers are arriving from a Red list country to London Heathrow airport, their flight will land in Terminal 4.
When customers arrive in England, they must quarantine in a managed hotel,link including 2 COVID-19 tests.

How customers can show they're fully vaccinated when flying to England from a non-Red list country

C29531E8-75EF-4F9C-9E93-876E093B407B.jpeg
Updated
C29531E8-75EF-4F9C-9E93-876E093B407B.jpeg (91.34 KiB) Viewed 155 times

Travelling from England
Non-essential international travel is permitted again, and customers don’t need to fill in a Declaration to Travel form.
Customers must check the testing and quarantine requirements they need to comply with for their destination country before they travel. Further information can be foundhere .

Edit to add updated VS flyer on acceptable proof of vacation
Last edited by flyingfox on 13 Oct 2021, 22:38, edited 6 times in total.
#962261 by Mark-in-MK
07 Oct 2021, 20:10
I was reading from a BBC journalist yesterday (ie less likely to be a scaremonger) that a big part of the delay in confirming the date we will be admitted into the US is because each state has the power to set its own immigration rules and requirements. On top of that there are numerous government departments that have to agree a process. This isn't helped by the fact there is no overall co-ordination point or leadership responsibility telling them to get it done. Basically it sounds like a big bureaucratic mess.
It certainly lowered my hopes of being able to travel on 8th Nov.
#962263 by steveb
07 Oct 2021, 21:05
Just want to say thanks to flyingfox for the continued trade updates - really useful.

Last week they said they were finalising their plans for MCO which would be announced soon - this was followed by a metal swap to the A330-300. I wonder if these plans are now firmed up or if we can expect more changes over the coming weekends?
#962274 by ColOrd
08 Oct 2021, 07:58
I would say almost certainly there will be some variations of schedules and aircraft!
#962286 by VIR75L
09 Oct 2021, 11:51
steveb wrote:Just want to say thanks to flyingfox for the continued trade updates - really useful.

Last week they said they were finalising their plans for MCO which would be announced soon - this was followed by a metal swap to the A330-300. I wonder if these plans are now firmed up or if we can expect more changes over the coming weekends?

MAN-MCO flights have changed again (thankfully now slightly earlier). Equipment remains A333.
#962289 by flyingfox
09 Oct 2021, 15:35
Confirmation from the US CDC that they will accept WHO approved vaccines

U.S. will accept WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines for international visitors WASHINGTON, Oct 8 (Reuters) - The United States will accept the use by international visitors of COVID-19 vaccines authorized by U.S. regulators or the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said late on Friday.

Late on Friday, the CDC said that "earlier this week, to help them prepare their systems we informed airlines" of the vaccines that would be accepted and added "CDC will release additional guidance and information as the travel requirements are finalized."

The CDC must still finalize and publish new contract tracing rules for international visitors, which it sent to the White House for review on Sept. 15.

Full article from Reuters here
#962306 by VS075
11 Oct 2021, 08:20
flyingfox wrote:Confirmation from the US CDC that they will accept WHO approved vaccines

Full article from Reuters here

That should provide some reassurance to those who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine which, as far as I'm aware, is still not approved for use in the USA by the FDA.
#962307 by nicsbx
11 Oct 2021, 12:45
VIR75L wrote:MAN-MCO flights have changed again (thankfully now slightly earlier). Equipment remains A333.

Can you elaborate on the latest changes? I’m due to travel in December MAN to MCO but my flight moved from 10:05 to 11:30 - unwelcomed now the arrival time is considerably later and clashes with 2 other arrivals!
Virgin Atlantic