This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#955349 by Hev60
28 Mar 2020, 23:17
For anyone interested. Both Disneyworld Florida & Disneyland have announced their theme parks will now remain closed until further notice. No doubt all the other Orlando attractions will follow suit,
I also have received several emails today from the stores I visit whilst in America like Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Ralph etc all saying their planned opening next week has been suspended, again until further Notice.
“All back to normal by Easter” seems a pipe-dream !
#955357 by gumshoe
29 Mar 2020, 12:57
Going forward, when international travel finally starts up again, I think we’ll see lots of countries do what South Korea has just announced - mandatory 14 day quarantine for all new arrivals, to try and prevent a second wave.

That would at least allow some long-stay business travel to resume but would clearly rule out the majority of long-haul leisure travel. From VS’s point of view, the key to its future is what Trump does.
#955374 by MedwayControl
30 Mar 2020, 14:14
I used the text service on Saturday to request a refund for flights in just over a weeks time. Against both flights in the booking it read “contact Delta” which I assume is from Virgin using the same booking system as Delta.

I text at 11:00. Reply came at 00:30. Happened to be up. Was offered the rebooking option but I stated I wanted a refund and this was given without fuss. Stated it will be up to 10 days before receive written confirmation and up to 90 days before we receive the funds back to original payment method. This exchange took about 1.5 hours in total due to delays between replies (only about 7 messages in total sent/received) so still very busy at their end obviously.

We had completed a miles booster for these flights and, as previously reported in another post, this won’t be cancelled and miles will post on the original departure date.

I’ve used the text service before this occasion and I’d highly recommend it. They didn’t reply to our last question about the miles booster until 5pm yesterday so I wouldn’t worry about starting a conversation and having to come back to it later, or if you can’t reply immediately. Makes this option very convenient.
#955382 by FLYERZ
30 Mar 2020, 18:21
I have been interested/surprised to see a number of flights into/out of LHR still going. At this stage are these all just repatriation flights, imagine there can't be many destination pairs still operating or not facing restrictions other than for going home.
#955385 by mitchja
30 Mar 2020, 21:19
FLYERZ wrote:I have been interested/surprised to see a number of flights into/out of LHR still going. At this stage are these all just repatriation flights, imagine there can't be many destination pairs still operating or not facing restrictions other than for going home.

Cargo ops are still running. Goods still need to be exported and imported and flights are the quickest option to get goods from one country to another.

Whilst not everything can be loaded onto passenger aircraft (dangerous goods/certain types of chemicals for example), most other things can be.

I work for a chemical company (and am thankful I’m still able to work here) and we export most of our goods now using air.
#955387 by roadrunner
31 Mar 2020, 00:09
From Boston USA-- we are locked down for another month at least, estimates through June, possibly later. Our hospitals are unable to cope. Anyone thinking of flying here would be required to join our quarantine, as well as running the high risk of acquiring CoVid flying into any US urban area. Visitors would take up precious professional resources from resident need. Our rural vacation areas like the Cape and Islands or the RI and Maine coast are already overwhelmed by urban second home or holiday rental flight. NYC is a nightmare for the ill. Disneyland is closed. No bars, no shows, no restaurants.
Please-- let VS know that you are staying home and canceling/changing your flight, even though they might still show it as open. We have just done same re April flight to UK for a much looked forward -to holiday, choosing to support VS by putting our plans on hold through no fee change open rebooking which runs through April 2021. Used online form and heard back quickly. VS have been very good to us over the nearly 30 years they have been in Boston, they are still my airline of choice,- and kudos to all VS fans for observing common sense protocols in a dangerous time.
#955391 by VS075
31 Mar 2020, 09:27
mitchja wrote:
FLYERZ wrote:I have been interested/surprised to see a number of flights into/out of LHR still going. At this stage are these all just repatriation flights, imagine there can't be many destination pairs still operating or not facing restrictions other than for going home.

Cargo ops are still running. Goods still need to be exported and imported and flights are the quickest option to get goods from one country to another.

Whilst not everything can be loaded onto passenger aircraft (dangerous goods/certain types of chemicals for example), most other things can be.

I work for a chemical company (and am thankful I’m still able to work here) and we export most of our goods now using air.

Air freight prices have increased due to less passenger flights operating at the moment which, as you say, can accommodate many types of cargo that's non-hazardous. If not already, I can see any cargo that's not time-sensitive or not urgent in the eyes of the importer being delayed until more flights are reinstated.
#955409 by broono83
01 Apr 2020, 13:05
Wondering what the legal status of 90 days for a refund is?

Especially if this pushes TAs or individuals into further costs such as interest/overdraft payments.

We have flights to and from St Lucia in May/early June to cancel that we'll then never be able to take, at least on Virgin :(
#955419 by flyingfox
01 Apr 2020, 16:39
I have had a few messages requesting updated flight schedules and I will keep checking but looking at a trade update yesterday they have not updated the programme beyond the 12th April as previously published and a foot note below has now been added;

“Because of increasing travel restrictions, we are only operating scheduled flights between London Heathrow and New York-JFK (daily), Los Angeles (daily) and Hong Kong (every other day). “

Also they have now closed the Upper Class Wing including dedicated security line.
#955479 by flyingfox
08 Apr 2020, 19:25
From VS Trade ;

Due to the COVID-19 crisis, Delta has had to make some difficult decisions based on market demand and government guidelines. Delta is adjusting their worldwide schedule in response to White House, State Department and CDC guidance while listening to where customers tell Delta they want to fly.
As such, Delta has suspended all operations between the U.K and the United States. Delta is currently maintaining a schedule of two services from Amsterdam: daily flights to Atlanta and non-daily flights to Detroit.

And according to Routes Online VS will not be operating passenger services between 20th April & 26th April however they continue to fly cargo flights;

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... 20Atlantic
#955483 by mitchja
09 Apr 2020, 19:33
A further update from VS. For anyone with a ticket booked before March 11th 2020, the rebook with no change fee window has now been extended by 1 month until the end of May 2020, allowing 1 free change for travel up to the end of May 2022. No difference in fare if you complete your rebooked travel before November 30th 2020.

Full details here
Last edited by mitchja on 09 Apr 2020, 21:49, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Corrected one of the dates
#955486 by Christo
09 Apr 2020, 22:42
+1 thanks for the heads up. This is exactly what we've been hoping for/waiting for.

We were told earlier in the week that the new dates
we wanted would be an additional £3k (original flights cost £4k total) which meant we were going to end up slumming it on BA. Fingers crossed it works out now...

We've had no luck with the text message comms over the last week so will try WhatsApp and see if that works.
#955503 by flyingfox
12 Apr 2020, 21:19
Routes online is reporting a tentative resumption of selected flights with the obvious caveats attached;

In the latest update, the carrier will continue to operate minimal service, from 28APR20 to 03MAY20 (Los Angeles, New York and Hong Kong). Majority of service resumption previously planned on 27APR20, is now delayed to 04MAY20. Upon tentative service resumption, following routes with more than 7 weekly flights planned, will be operated at 7 weekly level until 31MAY20. Information listed below is based on inventory update as of 0500GMT 11APR20.

London Heathrow – Boston 1 daily A330-300
London Heathrow – Delhi 1 daily 787-9
London Heathrow – Los Angeles service resumes on 28APR20, 1 daily A350-1000XWB
London Heathrow – New York JFK service resumes on 28APR20, 1 daily A350-1000XWB
London Heathrow – San Francisco 1 daily 787-9
London Heathrow – Seattle 1 daily 787-9
London Heathrow – Washington Dulles 1 daily A330-300 (A340-600 tentatively listed on various dates in May)

Following routes to East Asia will continue to see alternating day service with 787-9 in May:
London Heathrow – Hong Kong service resumes on 29APR20
London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong service resumption tentatively scheduled on 24MAY20

Other routes not listed above is scheduled to resume on 04MAY20 based on current filing, however further changes remain possible.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... 20Atlantic
Virgin Atlantic