This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960486 by 747G-VXLG
10 Apr 2021, 12:02
According to the virgin booking page, it looks like the A332s will only be operating on one daily LHR-MCO flight and 4-5 weekly MAN-MCO flights. This would suggest to me that G-VLNM will not be returning to service again.
#960488 by Vegascrazy
10 Apr 2021, 13:45
ColOrd wrote:Did you get your jab through your GP or through one of the separate Vaccination centres? I did mine through one of the centres and ignored the link my GP sent me to get it locally and nothing is showing on my NHS app!

Mine was through a main NHS vaccination centre, I booked it as soon as the appointments for over 50's opened up, as the text from my surgery didn't come until a few days later.
#960489 by ColOrd
10 Apr 2021, 13:48
Hmm weird, I deliberately got the NHS App for this exact reason, did the whole thing of sending them a pic of my passport to link my records etc and its not on there at all! I might have to do some digging! Thanks for that!
#960492 by mitchja
10 Apr 2021, 16:37
Not wanting to drag this topic off topic but I’ve never really got my head round the NHS app or what it does or how to gain access to my own medical records? I have a linked online account via my local surgery with something called Patient Access which I believe is supposed to allow you access to your records and make appointments etc but I’ve never been able to get that to work?

I guess I need to ask my local surgery for access to my records via the NHS app as well?

TBH I’m the type of person who goes to my local doctor about once every 15 years! I don’t even know if my records have been digitised?
#960495 by Hev60
10 Apr 2021, 18:11
ColOrd wrote:Hmm weird, I deliberately got the NHS App for this exact reason, did the whole thing of sending them a pic of my passport to link my records etc and its not on there at all! I might have to do some digging! Thanks for that!

Me too. After reading ‘vegascrazy’ interesting info about the NHS app I tried to set it up and see if my vaccine info is listed. No luck but I’ll keep trying. I know the details will be on an accessible data base somewhere anyway.

Having had my 2nd jab on Wednesday, I will treasure that little card as it may become my other passport allowing us to fly to Florida next year :cool:
#960496 by jilly
10 Apr 2021, 18:35
I set up the NHS app after having my first Covid vaccine. The appointment was set up by my GP as I was called early - still no idea why.

I cannot see the vaccine on my record but can see a summary of my health record with details of allergies and adverse reactions.

Just looked at the app and it states that I would need to contact my GP for more a more detailed coded record. Only needs to be done once and I can then view information such as test results and immunisations.

I have my second jab in less than 2 weeks so will call them once that's done - my son did this as he's NHS and has had both shots. The GP gave him an access code and he can now see his vaccines up to date on the app.
#960502 by Tigerlilly
11 Apr 2021, 06:50
The myGP app will soon show your vaccination status with a green “TICKit” feature. It’s launching this month. If you have record access it’s in your record summary as a vaccination entry. It takes up to 7 days post vaccine for the system to load the vaccine entry. Hope this helps x
#960504 by mitchja
11 Apr 2021, 09:52
So how many apps are we up to now that you potentially will need to have to travel abroad?

1) The airlines chosen health passport platform app to show negative test results. (There's at least 3 of those currently on trial).

2) The NHS app or GP's app to show vaccine info (if it works which mine doesn't)

Any more?
#960507 by ColOrd
11 Apr 2021, 10:53
I have to admit that in my head I assumed it was 21 days!

Second jab booked 1st June, VS5 to MIA on the 25th!
#960508 by Treelo
11 Apr 2021, 10:56
mitchja wrote:So how many apps are we up to now that you potentially will need to have to travel abroad?

1) The airlines chosen health passport platform app to show negative test results. (There's at least 3 of those currently on trial).

2) The NHS app or GP's app to show vaccine info (if it works which mine doesn't)

Any more?

Must admit, James, there seems to be a plethora of apps at the 'being trialled' stage but I guess that's a good thing, and we will hopefully adopt the best performing app?? Incidentally my NHS app doesn't work either!
#960510 by ColOrd
11 Apr 2021, 11:10
Noel Phillips was using the VeriFLY app with American in a recent video he posted on YouTube which seems to be the app of choice of AA BA and I assume OneWorld generally and it looked pretty easy!
#960511 by ColOrd
11 Apr 2021, 11:12
https://youtu.be/DRYJLhayzcc

Video for those interested
#960512 by 747G-VXLG
11 Apr 2021, 13:08
Some more updates:

~ From August, all flights to Islamabad from London Heathrow and Manchester will be changed to A333s. Lahore flights will remain as 4 weekly B789s.

~ Also, there will be no flights from Manchester to any destination until at least 17/05 due to ISB being on the red list (G-VRNB should have been operating from Manchester this week - repatriation flights currently only going to LHR from ISB - schedules are being reviewed).

~ I’ve also noticed that the VS91 flights from LHR-MCO seem to have been changed to A333s. All MCO flights are now A330.

~ The A332s appear to be returning to service but only for one daily LHR-MCO and 3-5 weekly MAN-MCO flights (some VS75 flights only).

~ From August, all Manchester flights will be operated by A330-300s with the exception of the A330-200s operating a couple of the VS75 flights.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong with any of the information or if it changes. Source for most of this information is the booking page.
#960513 by LREDI
11 Apr 2021, 15:25
Just to add to this convo. If you’re vaccinated in Scotland NHS Scotland doesn’t interlink with any English NHS App and not everyone gets a vaccination card (depends on channel of vaccination) so should be interesting to see how it’s all verified.
#960514 by David
11 Apr 2021, 15:55
LREDI wrote:Just to add to this convo. If you’re vaccinated in Scotland NHS Scotland doesn’t interlink with any English NHS App and not everyone gets a vaccination card (depends on channel of vaccination) so should be interesting to see how it’s all verified.

Without getting into politics, why does this not surprise me :roll: :roll:
#960515 by Hev60
11 Apr 2021, 23:06
747G-VXLG wrote:Some more updates:

~ From August, all flights to Islamabad from London Heathrow and Manchester will be changed to A333s. Lahore flights will remain as 4 weekly B789s.

~ Also, there will be no flights from Manchester to any destination until at least 17/05 due to ISB being on the red list (G-VRNB should have been operating from Manchester this week - repatriation flights currently only going to LHR from ISB - schedules are being reviewed).

~ I’ve also noticed that the VS91 flights from LHR-MCO seem to have been changed to A333s. All MCO flights are now A330.

~ The A332s appear to be returning to service but only for one daily LHR-MCO and 3-5 weekly MAN-MCO flights (some VS75 flights only).

~ From August, all Manchester flights will be operated by A330-300s with the exception of the A330-200s operating a couple of the VS75 flights.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong with any of the information or if it changes. Source for most of this information is the booking page.

“Source for most of this information is the booking page” Sorry I don’t mean to sound critical but with all due respects what relevance is the above in relation to this on-going thread.
It’s totally irrelevant, off topic and is out of context for this discussion :-O
#960516 by 747G-VXLG
12 Apr 2021, 08:32
Hev60 wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:Some more updates:

“Source for most of this information is the booking page” Sorry I don’t mean to sound critical but with all due respects what relevance is the above in relation to this on-going thread.
It’s totally irrelevant, off topic and is out of context for this discussion :-O

This thread is on Covid and likely actions. These are all actions because of Covid. How is that off topic? This thread isn’t just about proof of vaccines!
#960520 by Kraken
12 Apr 2021, 13:39
David wrote:
LREDI wrote:Just to add to this convo. If you’re vaccinated in Scotland NHS Scotland doesn’t interlink with any English NHS App and not everyone gets a vaccination card (depends on channel of vaccination) so should be interesting to see how it’s all verified.

Without getting into politics, why does this not surprise me :roll: :roll:

My parents neighbour is a NHS Consultant & he says the NHS is a mish-mash of IT systems that don't like communicating with one another. My GP cannot send electronic referrals to the local hospital 7 miles away.

You would hope that the likes of IATA get involved and agree a standard system of vaccination proof / negative test result. (Much like there is a fairly standardised format for the photo page of biometric passports). I won't hold my breath though! Whether the less developed countries would be able to work to this remains to be seen.

I do look forward to returning to the skies (fingers crossed for July to France - but am not holding my breath on that one. Will look to do a pre-Christmas trip to MCO for a spot of shopping.
#960524 by Hev60
12 Apr 2021, 16:43
Kraken wrote: I do look forward to returning to the skies (fingers crossed for July to France - but am not holding my breath on that one. Will look to do a pre-Christmas trip to MCO for a spot of shopping.

Retail shopping in Florida. Now that’s sounds like a good plan. Can I send you my list now please ;-)
#960525 by Hev60
12 Apr 2021, 17:00
747G-VXLG wrote:This thread is on Covid and likely actions. These are all actions because of Covid. How is that off topic? This thread isn’t just about proof of vaccines!

Actually thread has been running for over 13months since 3rd March 2020.

Up to now, there has been an amazing 68,568 viewings and 546 actual participation’s

For the record, there is very little reference to “proof of vaccines” throughout out the longevity of the thread!!!
#960526 by 747G-VXLG
12 Apr 2021, 17:38
Hev60 wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:This thread is on Covid and likely actions. These are all actions because of Covid. How is that off topic? This thread isn’t just about proof of vaccines!

Actually thread has been running for over 13months since 3rd March 2020.

Up to now, there has been an amazing 68,568 viewings and 546 actual participation’s

For the record, there is very little reference to “proof of vaccines” throughout out the longevity of the thread!!!

So how was my participation “totally irrelevant”?
#960527 by ColOrd
12 Apr 2021, 18:27
Guys let's not get into a bun fight please.
Virgin Atlantic