This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#957713 by trusse03
21 Oct 2020, 09:50
So we got our deposit refunded over a week ago.

But the 183000 virgin miles we used to pay off some of the balance haven't been refunded as of yet?

I've tried to find a way to contact flying club, but just can't find anyways on the website, anyone any ideas?

Thanks
#957715 by mitchja
21 Oct 2020, 13:57
trusse03 wrote:So we got our deposit refunded over a week ago.

But the 183000 virgin miles we used to pay off some of the balance haven't been refunded as of yet?

I've tried to find a way to contact flying club, but just can't find anyways on the website, anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Use either WhatsApp or SMS. Reservations will be able to re-credit your miles for you.
#957814 by Murraymint
28 Oct 2020, 08:38
Murraymint wrote:Can confirm these timelines. My WhatsApp for a refund of an open reward ticket raised last Tuesday was answered yesterday. Miles back in my account straight away and refund of taxes and fees should be with me within 60 days. I’ll confirm when it happens.

Data Point:Refund of reward flight.

WhatsApp raised on 8th September. Response on 15th September and refund process started. Points back that day with taxes/fees due within 60 days.
Cash back on Card today so it actually took 43 days.
#957934 by McCoy
10 Nov 2020, 10:24
McCoy wrote:Requested my refund via WhatsApp this morning. Email received this afternoon, confirming refund in progress.
Miles already back in my account (miles+money ticket).

Update: refund received.

WhatsApp contact: 15 Oct
Responded same day.
Miles back in flying club account same day.
Cash back on card 8 Nov = 24 days
#957935 by Sunseeker
10 Nov 2020, 10:38
Sent text message yesterday got standard text replies asking what I was contacting about the at 0450 was contacted to say happy to sort refund but was I aware open ticket can now be booked up till dec 31st 2022 I said yes but would like the refund now awaiting a reply
#957966 by LREDI
13 Nov 2020, 10:52
Any idea how long it should usually take to appear in your account following the email confirmation of the refund amount? It says 1-14 days. It’s been 5 working days so far and I’m wondering if this is normal?! It was paid using a UK MasterCard.
#957967 by mitchja
13 Nov 2020, 15:23
My last refund took approx 10 working days to hit my VS M/Card account.
#958042 by TimCrawley
19 Nov 2020, 13:39
I was happy this week to finally see my refund appear in my bank account - took quite some time but better late than never ..... and the Virgin staff involved have remained friendly & helpful throughout while dealing with an avalanche of claims. TBH money is probably handier now as it's more likely to get used for a worthwhile purpose, IMHO, booking a new trip for summer / autumn 2021 - a refund earlier in the summer I would have wasted it on something else far less enjoyable like utility bills!

22/03 - flight to LAS on 24/03 cancelled by VS
22/03 - miles refunded promptly after calling FC, refund put in the 'queue'
16/10 - after multiple fails with text service getting no response I tried WhatsApp and got pretty fast response overnight that they had put refund back in 'queue' as it had gone astray
02/11 - got refund processed email
17/11 - money arrived in bank account
#958047 by mitchja
20 Nov 2020, 10:17
Looks like VS are now getting on top of refunds as my last refund request was submitted Nov 9th and today I've just received the refund confirmation email.

One more flight refund/credit note left to sort out shortly for the end of Dec here. Booked VS flights via Expedia but doesn't look like VS are going to be canceling those flights.

I booked to FLL via ATL going and BOS coming back; ATL flights operating as normal already and BOS flights scheduled to restart in Dec. All my flights still on sale so it will have to be a credit note by the looks of things which Expedia have already said they can and are willing to do.
#958049 by Janeclar
20 Nov 2020, 18:52
I had supposed to be flying MAN to ATL and ATL to RSW tomorrow. The flight was cancelled on 23 October and a refund requested via WhatsApp on 24 October. The email refund was received on 7 November and it hit my Virgin Atlantic credit card yesterday. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to get this back to my bank account?
#958050 by AlecK
20 Nov 2020, 19:36
Janeclar wrote:I had supposed to be flying MAN to ATL and ATL to RSW tomorrow. The flight was cancelled on 23 October and a refund requested via WhatsApp on 24 October. The email refund was received on 7 November and it hit my Virgin Atlantic credit card yesterday. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to get this back to my bank account?

Back in June when I had a credit balance I just phoned and asked them, and they transferred it back to my bank account. They insisted that I have no pending transactions though for it to be free of charge. Not sure if that parts changed at all now
#958051 by mitchja
20 Nov 2020, 20:58
As above, just ring up and they will take your bank account details (if they don’t already have your sort code and account number) and then perform a faster payment. It’s usually in your bank account in around 24-48 hours.

There is no charge for the transfer if your credit card account is in credit.

I’ve done this twice this year with Virgin Money without any issues what so ever.
#958059 by mitchja
21 Nov 2020, 16:12
...and that's my FLL trip in December now also canceled via Expedia today with a full refund on the way.

VS have just changed the VS103 departure time on Dec 28th from 09:50 to 15:00 which means a) I'll miss my connecting flight from ATL>FLL and b) this is classed as a major schedule change as it's more than 3 hours different so that's more than enough to cancel and request a full refund with no penalty.

It took about 90mins via online chat but I got there in the end. Expedia are quoting 8-10 weeks for VS refunds! Lets see how long it actually takes.
#958060 by Janeclar
22 Nov 2020, 20:28
AlecK wrote:
Janeclar wrote:I had supposed to be flying MAN to ATL and ATL to RSW tomorrow. The flight was cancelled on 23 October and a refund requested via WhatsApp on 24 October. The email refund was received on 7 November and it hit my Virgin Atlantic credit card yesterday. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to get this back to my bank account?

Back in June when I had a credit balance I just phoned and asked them, and they transferred it back to my bank account. They insisted that I have no pending transactions though for it to be free of charge. Not sure if that parts changed at all now

Thanks for that - I will ring them tomorrow. I only use this card for VS flights, so it only has the credit balance.
#958074 by mitchja
24 Nov 2020, 01:14
Wow! The VS refund I asked Expedia for on Saturday is already back on my credit card account this morning :-D
#958301 by Murraymint
07 Dec 2020, 10:19
Virgin Holidays refund requested on 23rd November. Funds back on card today so 14 days in all.
Virgin Atlantic