This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956655 by shaneg17
20 Jul 2020, 17:42
Hi all

I know any answers here would be pure speculation but here goes...

I’m flying to NYC with VS on 18th December (8 of us) all UC on the A350. I wanted to understand the likelihood of the T3 lounge being back open by then or is it more likely current status will remain for a long while to come?

Thanks

Shane
#956656 by gumshoe
20 Jul 2020, 19:31
Complete crystal ball territory I’m afraid.

But my hunch - and that’s all it is - would be that T3 won’t have reopened by then.
#956660 by Rotty
21 Jul 2020, 00:19
most other places seem to be able to implement safe practices

there is no way this and the in flight changes are anything other than cost cutting
#956662 by gumshoe
21 Jul 2020, 04:08
Rotty wrote:most other places seem to be able to implement safe practices

there is no way this and the in flight changes are anything other than cost cutting

Closing the Clubhouse was completely out of VS’s control. It did not choose to close T3 - that was down to Heathrow Airport Ltd and was hardly surprising given how few flights there are right now.

VS has promised to make a lounge available in T2 which is as good as you could hope for in the circumstances.
#956664 by Rotty
21 Jul 2020, 08:25
gumshoe wrote:
Rotty wrote:most other places seem to be able to implement safe practices

Closing the Clubhouse was completely out of VS’s control. It did not choose to close T3 - that was down to Heathrow Airport Ltd and was hardly surprising given how few flights there are right now.

VS has promised to make a lounge available in T2 which is as good as you could hope for in the circumstances.

Thanks, didn't know T3 was closed

The inflight restrictions are their choice though
#956665 by tontybear
21 Jul 2020, 09:17
Many airlines have restricted inflight services because they have been told to by government(s) to reduce personal interractions.

At least VS still provides hot meals with a choice from 2 in Economy and 3 in Upper. Unlike BA for example where you will get a meal in a box.

But no one really knows what the position will be byu December when the OP flies.
#956666 by ColOrd
21 Jul 2020, 09:33
T3 will be back open by September / October I suspect. A number of airlines have flagship facilities in T3, VS, CX and EK all of which will want to encourage people to trade up to premium cabins as an extra source of revenue. EK are back to 2 flights a day one of which is a 380 as of last week so demand is returning!

On board service I think will evolve, my suspicion is that VS are treating the handful of July flights as a trial run, with services gradually being reintroduced, as Caribbean demand starts to pick up again into August.

As a case in point my LHR-BGI end of September is full in W, about 3/4 in J and about a good 1/2 in Y and that’s just based on EF Seatmaps!
#956671 by gumshoe
21 Jul 2020, 13:31
T3 will not be needed as long as the US remains effectively closed to Brits and the BA, VS, AA and DL TATL schedules are decimated.

AA has only just moved (again) into T5. I doubt HAL would be going to all the expense and hassle of doing that for just a few weeks.
#956679 by Christo
24 Jul 2020, 23:02
I have no idea if this means anything but...

Just received a new updated e-ticket from Virgin for our October and November flights. These were originally from LGW, now moved of course to LHR. The e-ticket clearly states T3 for both flights.
#958087 by flyingfox
24 Nov 2020, 19:31
Just dropped my Brother off at T2 for his journey back to the States and he was given an invite to the the Lufthansa Senator Lounge, it appears VS no longer use the Plaza Premium Lounge and still no word on T3 reopening by the staff.
#958090 by gumshoe
24 Nov 2020, 20:02
flyingfox wrote:Just dropped my Brother off at T2 for his journey back to the States and he was given an invite to the the Lufthansa Senator Lounge, it appears VS no longer use the Plaza Premium Lounge and still no word on T3 reopening by the staff.

The Plaza Premium lounges at LHR are closed, according to their website - presumably due to the current lockdown. I’d expect them to reopen next week, as long as London isn’t in Tier 3.

As for T3, I can’t see that reopening until the US Presidential proclamation is lifted - so anyone’s guess.
Virgin Atlantic