This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#956808 by David
20 Aug 2020, 13:29
Looks like huge (good) changes to flying club

https://thepointsguy.com/news/virgin-ti ... extension/

On first reading you now get tier points with reward flights.

Will wait for the official press report but looks good

David
#956810 by mitchja
20 Aug 2020, 14:07
Also changes been made to the VS credit card vouchers (both the 2-4-1 and the upgrade vouchers).

A summary of all the changes can be found here
#956811 by ms14
20 Aug 2020, 15:30
Great news, but does anyone understand the upgrade vouchers? It seems to read that they can be used to upgrade cabin for free, even without using miles? I.e pay a normal cash fare for Premium, then upgrade with voucher to Upper subject to the extra taxes - are miles needed & does there need to be reward seat availability still?

Thanks
#956812 by Q_Division
20 Aug 2020, 15:56
ms14 wrote:Great news, but does anyone understand the upgrade vouchers? It seems to read that they can be used to upgrade cabin for free, even without using miles? I.e pay a normal cash fare for Premium, then upgrade with voucher to Upper subject to the extra taxes - are miles needed & does there need to be reward seat availability still?

Thanks

That's the way I read it, it's not clear but I have a hunch that they will need to be reward seat availability in the class you are upgrading to.
#956816 by ColOrd
20 Aug 2020, 19:01
On a more general note, this is really excellent news in so many respects for those of us loyal to VS, it means I will definitely get back my AU status.

I am cautiously optimistic that VS are creating additional G and P availability for all of this, particularly on routes where its more rare like LA and SFO?

I also think it points to a strategy for the next year of focusing on leisure travel and cargo. Getting planes full and revenue coming in via redemptions can see them through for 2021 as the world continues to recover and business travel maybe starts to pick back up?
#956910 by ms14
27 Aug 2020, 08:07
Q_Division wrote:
ms14 wrote:Great news, but does anyone understand the upgrade vouchers? It seems to read that they can be used to upgrade cabin for free, even without using miles? I.e pay a normal cash fare for Premium, then upgrade with voucher to Upper subject to the extra taxes - are miles needed & does there need to be reward seat availability still?

Thanks

That's the way I read it, it's not clear but I have a hunch that they will need to be reward seat availability in the class you are upgrading to.

I tried last night (orginally booked premium return using 2x upgprade vouchers for 2 people). Saw 2 reward upper availabilty on outbound... called up and agent said i don’t think you can use a voucher, on top of having already used an upgrade voucher... anyway he tried and it worked. Insane value for money. Extra taxes for 2 outbound was around 75 quid all in and no extra miles.

Flying out Upper for 2 and return premium for. Total cost all in around £960 (480 a head)! Plus the economy airmiles originally used.
Virgin Atlantic