This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#958279 by etk
05 Dec 2020, 17:35
We snagged some great value Gs to Seattle next autumn in the recent sale. We are travelling with another couple so are a group of four adults and a three year old.

On some seat maps it looks like there’s quite an offset of the G and K rows, so 4G is opposite 5K rather than 4K. It’s been a while since I’ve flown on a 787 so can’t remember if that’s right?

What would people suggest as the best set of seats for the five of us? I usually prefer being near the front of the cabin
#958286 by ColOrd
06 Dec 2020, 08:32
There is an offset between the G&K row with 1G being more across from 2K than from 1K.

Personally as a group I would have said go for 1/2/3K and 1/2G. Personally I wouldn’t go for the A side as you will feel a bit of a disconnect from one end of the group to the other.
#958420 by CommanderB
12 Dec 2020, 22:33
Got to agree with ColOrd on this one, I love the A seats but I’m usually travelling alone. For groups a G/K combo would be better. I’d opt for towards the rear of the cabin, but that’s just personal preference.
#958437 by ColOrd
13 Dec 2020, 18:38
I would say if you want to access the bar, then the back of the cabin is definitely better but with the kids then I would say the front is probably best.

For those interested in such things, 4/5 is the optimal position for good engine/wing shots!!
#958445 by mikethe3rd
14 Dec 2020, 01:07
I’m too intrigued not to ask... is there a real benefit to sit in G&K as a group? I’ll admit, we’ve never tried it. I’m willing to give it a go, but we’ve just done A and would meet at the bar. Would have assumed the seats are too awkward to have a group conversation with the background noise.

As with everything, it all boils down to personal preference, and if I’m about to spend a week or two away with anyone, I’d prefer A and K!
#958446 by ColOrd
14 Dec 2020, 01:30
Again depends on preference. There was a group of three of us going to Boston last year, so three “lads” in our early 30s/late 20s. We absolutely wanted to chat and make the most of the occurrence so we had 9/10K and 11G (A330) so it was perfect for us and we were naturally up and down at the bar too.
Virgin Atlantic