This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960567 by 747G-VXLG
15 Apr 2021, 21:08
Tigerlilly wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:
Tigerlilly wrote:Does anyone think it’s possible they would use the a350’s on the Orlando route in the future due to being a bigger aircraft and popular route?

They are meant to be taking over the route from early next year. G-VEVE is meant to start flying passengers in January, so in my opinion MCO will be the first route she flies. Also, they may use the LHR ones this summer if the flights go ahead and bookings rise as they are still the highest capacity aircraft in the fleet.

Oohh, fab. Thank you. After our trip was just cancelled for the 4th time I’ve moved to next year now. But fingers crossed Vegas at the end of august goes ahead this year . X

My advice is when they start flying, they will probably only operate the ‘early’ flight out of Manchester (like what they did with the A330-300s when they came into service) and Heathrow initially, so probably best to opt for that flight when booking.
#960573 by ColOrd
15 Apr 2021, 23:15
747G-VXLG wrote:
ColOrd wrote:That's weird, presumably cos of Cargo volume?

I’m don’t think that it is cargo because it’s using the passenger flight code (VS354).

On Flightradar24 it’s now showing the next few flights are 789s. I’m not sure why they would do this as a one off.

To be clear - I mean cargo volume in the hold, pax flights still operate with cargo, although I've had a look at the loads and its full in J and Y pretty much with a few seats left in W.
#960575 by 747G-VXLG
15 Apr 2021, 23:19
ColOrd wrote:
747G-VXLG wrote:
ColOrd wrote:That's weird, presumably cos of Cargo volume?

I’m don’t think that it is cargo because it’s using the passenger flight code (VS354).

On Flightradar24 it’s now showing the next few flights are 789s. I’m not sure why they would do this as a one off.

To be clear - I mean cargo volume in the hold, pax flights still operate with cargo, although I've had a look at the loads and its full in J and Y pretty much with a few seats left in W.

I thought you meant cargo only flights.
#960601 by 747G-VXLG
18 Apr 2021, 21:20
The A350s have today started to operate the LHR-DEL flights. G-VRNB has operated the first flight.