This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961072 by David
07 Jun 2021, 16:12
Just in case you've missed it - a joint statement from American Airlines CEO Doug Parker, British Airways CEO and Chairman Sean Doyle, Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian, Heathrow CEO John Holland-Kaye, JetBlue CEO Robin Hayes, United CEO Scott Kirby, U.S. Travel Association President and CEO Roger Dow and Virgin Atlantic CEO Shai Weiss

https://corporate.virginatlantic.com/gb ... ravel.html
#961073 by 5549
08 Jun 2021, 10:22
I saw that yesterday on the BBC business section.
I suspect USA might get some kind of green-amber status once we get >75% with 2x doses of jabs - lime? Turquoise?

Who knows. But it needs to happen eventually. I think the main hurdle is going to be new variants and the new administration seems more keep to keep people out.
#961074 by Tigerlilly
08 Jun 2021, 15:21
I’m praying they sort something ASAP for virgins sake as well as other airlines. I due out august 24th snd I’m losing hope. They’ve already cancelled up to July 18th for direct Vegas flights . It was our first time in upper too for our wedding anniversary and my 40th :-(
#961079 by pidgeofcdf
08 Jun 2021, 22:47
The US has eased travel restrictions for many countries as the roll-out of coronavirus vaccines continues. Its public health agency updated its criteria on Monday, which saw 61 countries lowered from a Level 4 "avoid all travel" rating. Countries such as France, Spain and Italy are now Level 3, which means fully-vaccinated passengers may go to these areas. But most passengers from the UK are still banned from travelling to the US.
copied from bbc ;-(
Virgin Atlantic