This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961901 by flyingfox
04 Sep 2021, 17:58
Looks like 1D is blocked for crew which is probably for the best as it would be awkward sitting there with line of sight directly into the booth. At least there is a bulkhead behind row 4 with all those baby bassinets attached from the PE cabin it could get quite distracting. I think 1 toilet will be ok as long as PAX from PE don’t come through.
#961902 by DIAZLUXO
04 Sep 2021, 18:00
David wrote:Here’s just the upper cabin. First impressions, not great. Looks very small

8F1AD6FB-0E30-4F96-BBEC-07A1B121A3AD.png

Considering the old 744 cabin with only 14 seats and less privacy, this looks a tad better.
#961905 by NorthernLad
04 Sep 2021, 20:04
Might it not be a little inconvenient for the folks in 1D & 1G having passengers from A nd D seats passing to reach the single loo?
Or do we pass thru the galley/cabin crew chat area on night flights?

No need to worry too much, I think it will be a while before Manchester sees them.

Was suitably impressed with the 350 when we fled America into LHR, 18 long months ago
#961906 by mitchja
04 Sep 2021, 21:03
NorthernLad wrote:
Was suitably impressed with the 350 when we fled America into LHR, 18 long months ago

Yep, once you been on the A350's nothing else will do. It's by far the best Upper Class seat, cabin and IFE system VS offer.

I would imagine the IFE / onboard cameras will all be the same on these as VS have on their existing A350's.
#961908 by mitchja
04 Sep 2021, 21:58
No, I really never noticed the A350 seat to be any narrower than other seats. You probably have more elbow width overall anyway with not having a wall on either side of the seat. You have the storage/fixed table area on one side where the seat controls are and aisle access on your other side when the mini sliding door is open, even with that closed there's still plenty of room either side.

It was very comfortable in bed mode as well (though I was in row 1 on the over-night flight which has the bigger / wider footwell)

The worst seat for feeling narrow was the Upper Class seats on the A332's as being 6'2" I kept banging my knee on the ridiculously big table bracket.
#961928 by matt.hibb
06 Sep 2021, 17:19
Whilst I knew it was obviously going to be quite a lot smaller, I was hoping for a slightly larger cabin on the leisure config to be honest.

It doesn't look very exciting to me at the minute, but I'll obviously have to reserve judgement until I get the chance to try it out.
- 1 A and C could be overlooked from the booth
- 1 G and K bothered by the WC
- All row 4 seats are directly in front of baby bassinet seats in W
#961938 by VSSCC
08 Sep 2021, 07:27
On the LHR config A350 there is a large toilet where there Booth is on the leisure A350 and 1D doesn't look straight at the toilet so don't take the map to scale.

It's my understanding 1D will not directly over look the booth.
#961951 by ColOrd
10 Sep 2021, 19:42
1D on 350's and 1G on all other aircraft are always blocked as bassinet seats and not released till the TCO takes control of the load ready for boarding.
#961954 by 747G-VXLG
11 Sep 2021, 17:18
DIAZLUXO wrote:How do you think virgin will station these 5 aircraft? my best guess is:
2 at LHR (G-VEVE, G-VLIB)
2 at MAN (G-VBOB, G-VNVR)
1 at EDI (G-VELJ)
Or maybe they plan for EDI to be solely A330 ops...

I think 2 of the LHR business A350s will be reconfigured to leisure because in peak seasons there will often be 5-6 flights a day to MCO, 2-3 to BGI, 1 to MBJ and ISB will be very popular when it’s off the red list.
#961961 by uktigger
12 Sep 2021, 10:38
DIAZLUXO wrote:How do you think virgin will station these 5 aircraft? my best guess is:
2 at LHR (G-VEVE, G-VLIB)
2 at MAN (G-VBOB, G-VNVR)
1 at EDI (G-VELJ)
Or maybe they plan for EDI to be solely A330 ops...

It doesn't look to me that EDI will have any aircraft based there - as the timings announced so far look to me like the flights will have left the uk previously before coming to EDI eg:
MAN-MCO,
MCO-EDI,
EDI-MCO,
MCO-MAN
(or perhaps LHR instad of MAN)
I may be wrong though:-)
#961963 by ColOrd
12 Sep 2021, 12:01
EDI flights will almost certainly operate as W rotations out of MAN or LHR for the aircraft, and maybe a little bit of positioning as needed, but I'd be very doubtful of any aircraft being based at EDI. I assume they will keep the seasonal BruCru base but relocate it from GLA to EDI.
Virgin Atlantic