This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962586 by Derek Dolan
04 Nov 2021, 09:35
I have upper class tickets for return flights LHR - JNB from the 25/11/21 booked with points and reward vouchers. Unfortunately me and the wife have caught covid. We are out of quarantine tomorrow although we have been advised by the NHS not to take a PCR test for 90 days as it may prove positive. We need a negative PCR to get into South Africa so we have decided not to take the risk and to cancel this trip with a view too look at travelling there next year.
Sent a whats app to Virgin requesting cancellation and they have replied offering a future travel voucher for use up to end of April 2023.
My concerns are that getting upper class reward seats to JNB looks difficult at the moment checking on seat spy. I guess because lots of people are sat on cancelled bookings?
If I could not use this voucher for the route we really want to SouthAfrica and the voucher date expired, would I lose the points/reward vouchers and cash or would I be reimbursed?
Thanks