This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962833 by Miked1e
23 Nov 2021, 10:00
But yet Seat map is empty?

The availability for certain classes on my flights next May have changed every now and again, but now saying all are 'Sold Out' except for E Classic. This has changed in the last week

However, the seat map shows only about 100 allocated seats on the plane!

This is MAN-MCO.

Is this normal? Will people have not pre-booked seats at this point?

Or is it VS systems or potential change of schedules / aircrafts which have stopped selling certain seats.
#962834 by mitchja
23 Nov 2021, 10:10
With it being an Economy Classic fare code, most passengers will leave seat selection until the T-24Hrs point and probably won't be selecting seats in advance as that will cost extra.

For the Economy cabin its only Economy Delight fares that include free advance seat selection.
#962835 by DaveVal
23 Nov 2021, 10:21
I had noticed from May through October Premium and Upper are showing as sold out or not available a few days each week, mainly on the 75 with only S and J fares on the 73.

Regards,

David
#962837 by Miked1e
23 Nov 2021, 10:59
It is 75 and PE and UC which I am looking at, but for example, on my flight there are only 9 reserved / allocated seats in UC on the A333, yet these classes are 'sold out'.

Is this purely a website glitch?

Mitchja, thank you. E Classic is still available... I thought you had free seat selection with E Classic and only light which you don't? Would make sense with hardly any allocated seats in E right now.

Is there any way that I can find out 'how full' the flight is? Just curious....
#962838 by deep_south
23 Nov 2021, 11:16
Maybe Virgin Holidays have an "allocation" of seats that are blocked from general sale for the time being? I am sure there is a huge pent-up demand for Disney holidays...
#962840 by ColOrd
23 Nov 2021, 12:06
Not everyone selects seats, especially dependant upon point of sale, you might not be given the airline PNR till closer to departure, especially if sold through a third party travel agent.
#962842 by 5549
23 Nov 2021, 12:34
I have seen the same with VS7. They show all UC seats sold out on particular flights. Then a week later they are back on sale.

I guess they are pushing people into other cabins to try and get seats on the aircraft knowing that the UC seats will likely sell easier closer to the flight time so try and spread out the pax into less desirable seats?
#962853 by VS075
24 Nov 2021, 09:32
mitchja wrote:With it being an Economy Classic fare code, most passengers will leave seat selection until the T-24Hrs point and probably won't be selecting seats in advance as that will cost extra.

For the Economy cabin its only Economy Delight fares that include free advance seat selection.

You can select seats at the point of booking and anytime before the flight if you're flying Economy Classic. There are, however, some "preferred" seats that are basically closer to the front of the Y cabin for an extra fee and you can also upgrade to Delight at any time for the extra fee that costs. All dependent on availability.

It's just Economy Light that doesn't allow you to select seats for free from the point of booking onwards.
#963024 by Miked1e
06 Dec 2021, 10:18
3 weeks on and PE/UC still sold out on the outbound flight and also the earlier inbound flight (my inbound flight all classes still on sale).

I am getting a little concerned now that with the constant changes in MAN operations, will they review the MAN-MCO ops until full demand is back.

Would they merge flights? What happens if only 1 flight out a day (my outbound flight is a Wednesday so 1 flight only).
#963025 by TaxiTiger
06 Dec 2021, 10:55
I don't think it's got anything to do with MAN. My flights in March to MCO from LHR are showing only PE (£2,297) and UC (£6697 - bargain!) yet the seat map is 3/4 empty in Economy. Our plane has already changed a few weeks back from the new leisure A350 to an A330 as well. So I guess the other posters are right, and either people haven't picked their seat yet or Virgin Holidays has an allocation.
#963033 by VS075
06 Dec 2021, 22:37
Miked1e wrote:Would they merge flights? What happens if only 1 flight out a day (my outbound flight is a Wednesday so 1 flight only).

VS have consolidation the 75/76 and 73/74 flights in the past. If that happens, they would simply transfer you onto the other flight. It happened to us a few years back when we weee booked onto the 75 and 76 and they cancelled it and merged us into the 73 and 74. It meant a later departure from MAN, but it wasn’t the end of the world.
Virgin Atlantic