This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961603 by flyingfox
24 May 2023, 14:26
Update from VS Trade;

From 31 May, your customers can get their trip off to a flying start as they can have their passport checked, bags dropped and boarding pass in hand the evening before their flight – yes Twilight Check In is back for those flying from Manchester.

Twilight Check In is available for all flights departing the following day from Manchester, every evening from 4pm to 8pm. And if they are looking to treat themselves, they can ask about upgrades too.

All customers travelling must be there to check in, with their own passports. And if they have any buggies or strollers to be tagged on the day of travel, or require special assistance, they need to remember to come back to the desks before they head to departures.
#961606 by mitchja
24 May 2023, 14:41
...for the just 1 or 2 flights a day that are currently op'ing out of MAN now. The only VS flights op-ing from MAN at present are the daily VS73 to MCO & alternate day departures for the VS127 to JFK. Everything else is suspended. I don't even know why VS bother with MAN any more?
#961607 by David
24 May 2023, 15:14
mitchja wrote:...for the just 1 or 2 flights a day that are currently op'ing out of MAN now. The only VS flights op-ing from MAN at present are the daily VS73 to MCO & alternate day departures for the VS127 to JFK. Everything else is suspended. I don't even know why VS bother with MAN any more?

Its a shame they cant get their act together for Manchester. They've missed a trick at Edinburgh to. A shortened Orlando season and Delta flying daily to New York, Boston and now Atlanta from Edinburgh could have been nice little Virgin hub.

Edited to add - just checking some Delta prices EDI-JFK random dates 6th Sept to 18th booked via Delta site £1820 same flight booked via Virgin site £2677 :-O

David
Last edited by David on 24 May 2023, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
#961609 by Razorback
24 May 2023, 16:52
VS109 comes back on 1/6, I hope so as we are flying out on it the following week.

Struggling to see the benefit of the twilight check in unless you are staying at one of the on-airport hotels or a local.

Travelling to the airport just to drop bags does not seem cost or time effective to me.
#961616 by VS075
25 May 2023, 17:34
CommanderB wrote:I heard that LAX could return to MAN next summer. I expect they will rebuild the MAN schedule over the coming 12-18 months.

Fingers crossed that is the case, especially with all the new aircraft being delivered over the coming months (and yes I know some of it is for A330-300 replacement) and what appears to be a recruitment drive for 350 cabin crew jobs to be filled: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ly-4153860

mitchja wrote:...for the just 1 or 2 flights a day that are currently op'ing out of MAN now. The only VS flights op-ing from MAN at present are the daily VS73 to MCO & alternate day departures for the VS127 to JFK. Everything else is suspended. I don't even know why VS bother with MAN any more?

If they do that then they’ll cede the market to BA via the Aer Lingus UK flights that VS now compete with. The JFK route in particular is doing well and is now an A330 instead of an A321LR, and I hear that Business Class passengers on Aer Lingus get access to the old Concorde Room in light of their recent move to T7.

There’s also less capacity at the moment given United are yet to return with their MAN-EWR flight. AA are yet to return, but they shedded a load of planes during COVID such as the ex-US Airways A330s that were used on the MAN-PHL route and I suspect that’s one reason why Aer Lingus are there now even if they’re not fully integrated back into oneworld and code-sharing with AA.
Virgin Atlantic