This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963974 by Razorback
Yesterday, 11:48
We are looking to fly MAN - ATL - LIT in November.

Due to the connecting ATL - LIT flight not arriving until after 11:30 pm, I am considering an overnight stay in ATL, followed by a morning flight the next day.

This combination (cash booking) only seems to be offered via the DL website (Not VS)

Are there any disadvantages in booking via DL as opposed to VS?

I am assuming:
i) If I include FC numbers in the booking we will get VS points / tier points?
ii) As it is all on one booking we will not incur additional baggage charges (I know we will have to collect luggage and check in again the next day)?
iii) We will be able to reserve Virgin seats via the VS website using the locator code?
iv) We will be able to pre-order meals using the normal link on VS?

Thanks
#963975 by CommanderB
Yesterday, 11:59
One thing you can try before booking direct with DL is ring VS and ask the agent to have someone manually price the trip. Just because its not on the website doesn't mean its not possible. Its just not practical for VS to have every DL routing combination loaded and priced as they're a lot smaller than DL.

I successfully did this with a routing to the Caribbean that DL offered but VS didn't. VS manually priced it after a bit of haggling.