This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#964076 by steveb
24 May 2024, 10:02
Just costed up a 3 leg itinerary on Google flights and it says to call Virgin Atlantic to book it (not available online.

It’s basically LHR-FLL
FLL-JFK
JFK-LHR

I phoned them and they said they are unable to sell those flights - the system was not letting them. Are they right?
#964078 by steveb
24 May 2024, 10:28
It’s Virgin-Delta-Virgin

I’ve just tried a different agent and had the same thing so I guess it’s legit…. They are saying Google flights (and the ITA matrix) is wrong….
#964082 by mikethe3rd
24 May 2024, 12:48
This is available online for me on both VS and DL. Just tried a straight economy booking for ease.

What cabin / dates are you looking at?

If you like aviation related things, The Jet Runway Cafe at the exec airport is great. Good shop next door too.
#964083 by mitchja
24 May 2024, 13:11
I often book LHR>FLL or MAN>FLL return via either ATL or JFK regularly directly with VS without any issues.

I personally prefer connecting via ATL as I prefer that extra 1Hr flight time on the VS flight rather than on the DL flight. That JFK>FLL leg is a deceptively long flight (upto 3hrs sometimes) and can be prone to ATC and/or weather delays or even cancelations. I've had several issues with the JFK>FLL flights been delayed and one where we nearly had to stop to refuel at MCO because of the unexpected longer flight path.

The ATL >FLL flight is much better at just ~ 90mins and I've so far (touch wood) never had any major delays on that route.
#964084 by Razorback
24 May 2024, 14:15
If you are trying to book 3 individual flights (i.e not connecting flights) then in my experience booking via VS won't work, as you can't book seperate internal US flights.

Booking using the Delta website should get around this issue.
#964085 by CommanderB
24 May 2024, 15:18
As already said, VS can’t book separate internal flights and there’s some other things that their agreement with Delta prevents them booking too.

However, you should be able to book your trip as one itinerary. I’d ask the agent to call the revenue team and have them price it manually. It’s not uncommon for their ticketing system to say computer says no to something that’s actually possible.
#964086 by OliverD241
24 May 2024, 16:16
They can actually manually add the flight in for reward seats.
They don’t like to do.

But I have a booking which is GVA-CDG-MIA on points though.

It doesn’t allow you to book the connecting flight for the same, but worked if I took GVA-CDG one day then next day CDG-MIA.

So I called and got through to a great agent, who said they have to manually add the flight in, and save it one by one.. and that’s how I managing to fly GVA-CDG-MIA in the same day.
#964087 by CommanderB
24 May 2024, 18:07
OliverD241 wrote:They can actually manually add the flight in for reward seats.
They don’t like to do.

But I have a booking which is GVA-CDG-MIA on points though.

It doesn’t allow you to book the connecting flight for the same, but worked if I took GVA-CDG one day then next day CDG-MIA.

So I called and got through to a great agent, who said they have to manually add the flight in, and save it one by one.. and that’s how I managing to fly GVA-CDG-MIA in the same day.

Thats really useful information. Thanks for sharing.
#964093 by steveb
24 May 2024, 21:34
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice….

This is the itinerary: Virgin still refusing to book this because their computer says no….

DETAILS
London / Fort Lauderdale
From http://matrix.itasoftware.com

ITINERARY
London (LHR) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) - Sat, Apr 5

Virgin Atlantic 3 Dep: 9:20AM Arr: 12:25PM 8h 5m Airbus A330-900neo Premium-coach (K)
Layover in JFK 3h 10m
Virgin Atlantic 4795 Dep: 3:35PM Arr: 6:55PM 3h 20m Airbus A321 Premium-coach (K)
OPERATED BY DELTA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to New York (JFK) - Sat, Apr 12

Delta 1422 Dep: 11:20AM Arr: 2:21PM 3h 1m Airbus A321 Premium-coach (W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York (JFK) to London (LHR) - Sun, Apr 13

Virgin Atlantic 26 Dep: 8:10AM Arr: 8:00PM 6h 50m Airbus A350 Premium-coach (K)

FARE AND BOOKING DETAILS

Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.

Fare 1: Carrier VS KY9EDDJA LON to FLL £490.99
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code K
Covers LHR-JFK (Premium Economy), JFK-FLL (Premium Economy)

Fare 2: Carrier VS KY9EDDJA FLL to LON £490.99
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code W, K
Covers FLL-JFK (Premium Economy), JFK-LHR (Premium Economy)

United States Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee (AY) £8.80
United States APHIS Passenger Fee Passengers (XA) £3.00
United States Customs User Fee (YC) £5.50
United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge Departures (UB) £48.89
United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty APD (GB) £216.00
United States Immigration User Fee (XY) £5.50
VS YQ surcharge (YQ) £280.00
US International Arrival Tax (US) £34.80
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) £3.50

Subtotal per passenger £1,587.99
Number of passengers x2

Total airfare & taxes £3,175.98

Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)

LON VS X/NYC VS FLL M 620.62KY9EDDJA DL X/NYC VS LON M 620.62KY9EDDJA NUC 1241.24 END ROE 0.791141 XT 216.00GB 48.89UB 5.50YC 5.50XY 3.00XA 34.80US 8.80AY 280.00YQ 3.50XF JFK4.50

Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Cancellation of this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Virgin Atlantic