This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#26030 by keswick1uk
23 Feb 2004, 17:49
If they did, that wass obviously terribly inconvenient. I also heard they were put up in a 4 or 5 star hotel, given free meals and a free flight voucher to compensate. Additionally, they were transported home on a safe aeroplane! If what I hear is right, good one Virgin!
#26052 by rainbow
24 Feb 2004, 09:16
Agreed. The compensation for those returning from MCO was great, well done Virgin!
The people who were put up in hotels in Manchester for the 24 hours did not get the flight so I am told. Yet they missed one day of the holiday.
It is not really the compensation that concerns me though, it is the fact that the Manchester planes appear to be just a little unreliable, ( hope I am wrong with this as I will be flying later in the year) and I am scared to death of an engine problem mid Atlantic[:(] When do Virgin intend to upgrade the planes?
#26063 by anteo
24 Feb 2004, 13:37
All aircraft undergo regular maintenance and despite the age of the aircraft body Im sure that engine parts get replaced now and then in order to keep them working. That said, Id rather be in a four engined older VS 742 than a twin engined BA 777! ;)
#26067 by rainbow
24 Feb 2004, 15:22
Thanks Anteo,

That is very re-assuring
Virgin Atlantic