This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#397 by Goldenoldie
09 Mar 2004, 14:02
On my recent return on VS12, I managed to get both my FC luggage tags broken in transit on my two checked-in items. One has the leather strap and about 1 inch of tag remaining, the other has the upper section broken off. Mine normally split at the narrow bit created by the strap slot. However, the flight brought me to 30 tier points :) to retain Gold and I will get new tags in June. Tags made of a less rigid plastic might survive better I suspect?
#26513 by mitchja
09 Mar 2004, 17:05
Yeah same here - mine only seem to last about 12 months - already on my 3rd set of FC Silver ones!!!!

Not sure what the answer is though - the old type,that used to have a leather srap on them, did seem to last longer than the current type with the red cord on them.
#26530 by anteo
09 Mar 2004, 21:55
quote:
the old type,that used to have a leather srap on them, did seem to last longer than the current type with the red cord on them.

Yes, the little red tags keep falling off my bag so my tag wont last any longer because im going to lose it!!! :D
#26550 by jaguarpig
10 Mar 2004, 13:54
The tags sent to me this year came with the leather straps on. Wifes gold tags went walkies on their second outing to IAD at Xmas straps and all.She has requested new ones from FC twice but none have arrived.My mums silver card account linked to my account has been delivered 3 times now so at least we have plenty of spare silver tags.
#26559 by RichardMannion
10 Mar 2004, 18:27
Phone up and ask for some more to be delivered - I had 6 to start with as I normally lose one a trip due to baggage handlers, or there must be soemone that really wants a Gold luggage tag that says Richard Mannion (Pix - is this you....).

I use the red string that was supplied a whiel back to fix my to my luggage.

Thanks,
Richard
#26564 by Pete
10 Mar 2004, 18:37
Richard... I was only trying to make a frock out of RichardMannion FC cards :) - bit like that wardrobe woman who won the Oscar for Priscilla a few years back and turned up in a dress made of Amex Gold Cards.

Pix
Virgin Atlantic