This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#402 by ashort1
09 Mar 2004, 19:00
Hi

Hope I've posted on the right forum? I was wondering if someone can help me? I hit FC Silver in October last year and as of yet have not received my pack through the post. I have already made a couple of calls to FCS asking when I can expect to receive it and have been told 'four to six weeks'.Well, that was at the beginning of this year and still nothing! I know in the great scheme of things it's not really a big deal but it would be nice to have. Is there any reason for a delay in sending out these packs? Any help in the pursuit of my elusive 'silver card'would be appreciated!

Thanks
#26520 by Nottingham Nick
09 Mar 2004, 19:40
Hi,

My son hit silver last year and his cards were with him after about a month - it seems to go in cycles and one person's experience is not always repeated.

It doesn't hurt to give them gentle, polite reminders every now and again and it is always good to make a note of when and who you have spoken to in the past.

Nick
#26522 by ashort1
09 Mar 2004, 19:47
Thanks Nick.

I'm always forgetting to take people's names! Will try again with polite reminder!
#26549 by Vslf
10 Mar 2004, 12:16
Ashort,

I hit silver about the same time, end October/early November. I chased up several times, and heard the same "four to six weeks". Eventually (January) I got a bit fed up and phoned again, asking to speak to a supervisor. Turned out when I called the first time to chase, the rep had requested a new card, this cancelled the one that was ready for issue. This happened twice more, phone up to chase, new card requested, old card cancelled and not despatched. Following my last call, when someone took the time to investigate and told me all this, I received my card four weeks later. I'm still waiting for a pack though, I just received a card and covering letter saying it was a replacement for a lost card.

So, it could be the same for you, interesting that you got Silver around the same time as me, I wonder if they were having some probs.

Suggest you call up and ask for a supervisor, calmly explain the situation, point out that you have heard "it'll be four to six weeks" already and nothing has happened.

VSlf
#26552 by randalf
10 Mar 2004, 15:12
Hi all,

Interesting topic and something I'll bear in mind myself after my next flight (I hit Silver on my next trip to LAX).

I assume that as soon as you hit the silver tier membership level, you can use the PE check-in straightaway even if still waiting on your card?
#26553 by mitchja
10 Mar 2004, 15:31
If you have your FC account regestered online - you will see your FC number change from an 006 to a 008 number within a few days.

This change will then go though the system and then you can check-in in at the PE desk :)
#26557 by RichardMannion
10 Mar 2004, 18:23
They have ahd problems in the past with fulfillment on Membership packs - I raised this alst year and spoke to marketing about it. They have streamlined the process, you may want to call VS back up and give them your number and ask them to get marketign to assist.

Thanks,
Richard
#26568 by ashort1
10 Mar 2004, 18:47
Hi all

Spoke to a nice lady at FCS today (remembered to take her name!)Have finally found the reason for the delay in receiving my pack. Insufficient address details! Can you believe it? Apparently my account has been marked up as having had all FC communications returned to Virgin, for this reason. I found this a bit strange as I certainly received my FC Red pack through the post when I first registered a year ago.
Perhaps when changing to silver there was a blip in the system and the first line of my address was omitted! Hey ho! Nice lady has promised to ammend the details and issue me with a new card. I'm flying to SFO on the 5th of May, so hopefully will have it by then.
Virgin Atlantic