This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#26533 by David
09 Mar 2004, 22:57
Hi Declan

Silver is 008, don't know about the elusive gold yet ;)

David :)
#26539 by The_Banking_Scot
09 Mar 2004, 23:24
Hi freeway,

Ah!! That explains it.Thanks for that.:)

Although VS must have had a lot of red members to run out of 007 xxx xxx

Six xxx's imply 999,999 combinations 0f 0-9 ( I would assume not all of them would be used for card security).

Regards

TBS
#26542 by The_Banking_Scot
09 Mar 2004, 23:53
Hi,

Thanks again.

Who wants to be like BA ? No one I do not think !!:D

Regards

TBS
#26546 by jonathan020
10 Mar 2004, 11:41
In a way I think it would be quite good to have a minimum criteria (ie 2 flights in 12 months). As a red member who is always within spitting distance of Silver membership I do kinda feel like I am grouped with the "plebs" of air travel ;-)

I had to have taken 3 virgin holidays I think to have a virgin holiday card. Worked out really well too, we got a superb car a few years ago in Orlando as there were no basic cars available so they had to supply an intermediate and after slapping my VS card down on the counter they upgraded me again to luxary car ;-)

Anyway enough rambling, its 10:40am already, I guess I should think about going into work soon!
#26556 by RichardMannion
10 Mar 2004, 18:20
I was a 007 for a period of time - the last digit is a check digit so that divides the potential coutn by 10 :)

Back when I joined you had to do 3 flights in Economy to begin to earn miles or 1 flight in Premium/Upper - this got removed in a refresh of the program a couple of years ago.

Thanks,
Richard
#26570 by ashort1
10 Mar 2004, 19:06
Hi

When I joined flying club last year I was really impressed by the fact that I could start earning tier points AND miles straight away.There was no minimum criteria to fulfil. Thanks to 2 round trip PE flights last year I made Silver pretty quickly. By the same token I did 5 round trips (european, short haul ) with BA last year and have nowt to show for it(even though I have an exec card) I get the feeling that when I fly with virgin I really am being rewarded. That's why I am loyal to VA.
#26589 by Nottingham Nick
10 Mar 2004, 23:47
Welcome ashort1.

You are not the first to make that comment.
Silver may not get you a lot - but at least we feel wanted.

Nick
Virgin Atlantic