This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#404 by mcuth
09 Mar 2004, 23:37
Rang up today to do my latest pre-order for VS27 next Monday and final leg VS04 on 4th April.

Each time I've rung to pre-order, I've been met with friendliness, politeness and had a very smooth ordering process.

Really, I just wanted to say that it never fails to impress me that even this aspect of VS' business is spot on - before you've even got to check-in, let alone getting on the plane :)

BTW, after I ordered "Cover Girl", I was asking about new planes in the model fleet. It looks like new additions are coming soon - supposed to be May/June, but may slip to later. Anyone know which ones have already been out?
#26560 by RichardMannion
10 Mar 2004, 18:29
Now I do hope that they have the Virgin Atlantic playing cards with the cartoons of the staff in stock - for the last 6 flights they have been out of stock [:(!]

A couple of times my stuff hasn't made the return flight, but VS always sort that out.

Pre-Order is good - the person that I usually deal with back at HQ for DFPO is currently on maternity leave though :(

Thanks,
Richard
#26565 by mcuth
10 Mar 2004, 18:41
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
Now I do hope that they have the Virgin Atlantic playing cards with the cartoons of the staff in stock - for the last 6 flights they have been out of stock [:(!]

Nope - I asked about those too - they're out [:(]

All my stuff's always made each flight, so I've been happy :D
#26585 by Tinkerbelle
10 Mar 2004, 23:33
Tell me about it!!! I've been desperate for the playing cards since all the crew got the Retail Therapy magazine before it went on board!!!!

I check the cart on each flight to no avail[:(]
#27901 by vs932
27 Mar 2004, 00:33
I'm after the cards to - spoke to pre order yesterday who advised have been out for a while and that when ne RT book comes out in may she doesn't even think they'll feature!!! [:(] seems a bit silly to me really? if they are sooooo popular why not make some more? with the enquiries they get they must see that the item is a guarenteed seller!! Please bring them back VS!!!!

shaun
#28095 by jaguarpig
29 Mar 2004, 17:28
Always got my orders delivered only problem I had once was a couple of bottles of champagne ordered as a celebration gift to the wife to drink on board. VS do not send a receipt out until the day of travel its waiting for you on your return, so the suprise is not spoiled but the FA could not find it on board and with no receipt I could not prove I had paid for the champagne.Rather than falling out I ended up buying a bottle then the package was found later in the flight so she refunded me and also gave us a free bottle from UC.
#28108 by AlanA
29 Mar 2004, 19:25
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the miles to be added to your account when you buy from retail therapy?
Ta
#28113 by The_Banking_Scot
29 Mar 2004, 19:49
Hi,

My Duty free pre order miles have taken up to a month to appear on my statement.

Regards

TBS
#28114 by mitchja
29 Mar 2004, 19:51
Yep usually between 3 - 4 weeks for mine to appear.
#28138 by sactoflyer
30 Mar 2004, 00:23
Maybe it is just bad karma, but my last three pre-orders have been messed up. Either some items missing or whole orders missing.

Most recently on VS 19 only half of my order was there so I was forced to re-purchase the missing items. Still waiting for that one to be sorted out.

Fun enough...they had no problems charging me for the original items.
#28183 by jaguarpig
30 Mar 2004, 16:29
The miles are usually credited the month after the flight I have had some never appear in the past but over the last year everything has been credited fine. I have missed them on the online statement sometimes as they appear a month late on the date of the flight if you have had a fair bit of activity they do not show up on the active page but in the previous 10 transactions.
Virgin Atlantic